• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

Only six? Wow, I had no idea. I shouldn't be surprised though, to be honest.

Look into it. Learn the names of these folk. I don't watch the news, When you learn how easily manipulated everything is it is simply shocking and somewhat insidious/sinister. The world is run by white old rich men, and they put out their ideals and perceptions of the world continuously. Unfortunately most of that has stuck with people and has become the norm, even though we know that it feels wrong.

"The world is run by white old rich men." This made me laugh even though it's awful and extremely true. I stopped trusting the news long ago, especially when it comes to criminal cases. So often they've put the blame for crimes on people who turn out to be innocent it makes me sick.

#22 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Only six? Wow, I had no idea. I shouldn't be surprised though, to be honest.

Look into it. Learn the names of these folk. I don't watch the news, When you learn how easily manipulated everything is it is simply shocking and somewhat insidious/sinister. The world is run by white old rich men, and they put out their ideals and perceptions of the world continuously. Unfortunately most of that has stuck with people and has become the norm, even though we know that it feels wrong.

"The world is run by white old rich men." This made me laugh even though it's awful and extremely true. I stopped trusting the news long ago, especially when it comes to criminal cases. So often they've put the blame for crimes on people who turn out to be innocent it makes me sick.

There was a case the other day with this black guy. Two white men had attacked this black guy, and instead of putting up the pictures of these two white men, the picture was of the black guy. Now if anybody was just flicking through the tv now, and saw that they would assume that another black guy has done something criminal. It is the little things; they think that they are slick.

#23 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

God, for real? That's truly terrible. I'm honestly not surprised though. The news is extremely manipulative and it makes me angry that people are so easily swayed by it.

#24 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

I think that people are so swayed by it is because they don't believe that these big corporations would lie to them,. First they want to know why they would lie. People don't like to think that those who they put their money, time, and trust into are jabbing them from behind the curtain. Whatever though. If you are aware of what is going on then you should just be grateful of that.

#25 terryp1202

terryp1202

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

To chime in on the topic, gossip is on a level that the average person couldn't imagine. People would never believe that the entertainment industry is carefully manipulated and shaped according to the desires of the powers that be. Sometimes celebrities themselves even stage "incidents" to stay in the spotlight - weather for a good reason or a bad reason.

#26 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

To chime in on the topic, gossip is on a level that the average person couldn't imagine. People would never believe that the entertainment industry is carefully manipulated and shaped according to the desires of the powers that be. Sometimes celebrities themselves even stage "incidents" to stay in the spotlight - weather for a good reason or a bad reason.

Finally. Someone who gets it and understands exactly how Hollywood is run and by whom it is run.

#27 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

I could care less about celebrity gossip shows. I think some of them have the most outlandish stories and honestly I hate watching the shows in real time because the placement of the commercial breaks irritate the hell out of me. If I want to read celebrity news I will find it somewhere online. I really think in a few years gossip shows will become obsolete because they will no longer ne timely, the news they're reporting at 7 at night will have been announced more than 8 hours earlier.

#28 aimerz

aimerz

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I think these shows are really stupid and not really worth watching. That being said, I do enjoy my celeb gossip magazines. So I guess since I already read about the celebs watching it being talked about doesn't really do anything for me. I love reading Us Weekly.

#29 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Is it? They don't seem like they would be, and to me it just seems like trash television. Some of the stories that they report? They are vacuous and shallow. How about they report about how the radiation from Fukushima has moved to America now, and about how it is polluting the air and water?

TMZ stands for Thirty Mile Zone, and they are located in the area where all the Hollywood studios are located, so yes ,their stories are pretty accurate.

I'm not saying I like this type of show, but when TMZ breaks a scandalous story, it usually turns out to be true.

This is true. Miley Cyrus has been honest about the fact that she knew her performance with Robin Thicke was going to get people talking about her and she says that she did it on purpose to "make history". She knows exactly what she is doing when she goes on stage wearing a band-aid and sticking her tongue out. It keeps her in the spotlight.

#30 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

Even though I know that TMZ is known to be a reputable source, I still question their stories. Mostly because I know what is going on in the world and I know how media is manipulated. So you have to question everything.

#31 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:40 PM

Even though I know that TMZ is known to be a reputable source, I still question their stories. Mostly because I know what is going on in the world and I know how media is manipulated. So you have to question everything.

So true, at the end of the day their job is to sell stories not truth. They bend and twist things in order to get attention. There has been times when they have rushed to be the first ones to report  and gotten the facts of the story all wrong. TMZ is just tabloid TV.

#32 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

I could care less about celebrity gossip shows. I think some of them have the most outlandish stories and honestly I hate watching the shows in real time because the placement of the commercial breaks irritate the hell out of me. If I want to read celebrity news I will find it somewhere online. I really think in a few years gossip shows will become obsolete because they will no longer ne timely, the news they're reporting at 7 at night will have been announced more than 8 hours earlier.

Same here, but I must admit that some years ago I actually liked those shows, I believed every single thing that was said on those shows. As I grew up I realized those folks just lied and lied most of the time, it's amazing the lies they tell in order to get views!

#33 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

I can't stand TMZ. I'm sure it helps that I have a bias toward them but I really think that they're way too invasive and just seem like rude people from what I've watched. I very much accept celeb gossip (I'd much prefer it to regular news) but there's a line to it.

Still they are better than blind gossip. Blind items makes me sick to my stomach.

Edited by Aquar, 03 October 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#34 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

I am definitely not a TMZ fan. Their methods seem especially invasive and a lot of their "gossip" seem to be about the same people/topics over and over again. In my opinion a lot of the gossip seems manufactured or like the source is the celebrity.

#35 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

I am definitely not a TMZ fan. Their methods seem especially invasive and a lot of their "gossip" seem to be about the same people/topics over and over again. In my opinion a lot of the gossip seems manufactured or like the source is the celebrity.

Yes, I get that celeb gossip is an invasive field especially paparazzi but every time I've seen their program, they show to me they're getting paid to hurt or make fun of people. They just don't seem to care about anyone but themselves.

#36 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yes, I get that celeb gossip is an invasive field especially paparazzi but every time I've seen their program, they show to me they're getting paid to hurt or make fun of people. They just don't seem to care about anyone but themselves.

There is definitely a voyeuristic feeling to TMZ, like they're all sitting in a room spying on celebrities. I haven't watched it in a while because I always felt like kind of a creep for watching them stalk people.

#37 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

I can't stand TMZ. I'm sure it helps that I have a bias toward them but I really think that they're way too invasive and just seem like rude people from what I've watched. I very much accept celeb gossip (I'd much prefer it to regular news) but there's a line to it.

Still they are better than blind gossip. Blind items makes me sick to my stomach.

Not a TMZ fan either to be honest. I don't like the wat they run the show, they really seem like a really stalky and rude bunch to be honest. I'm not a big fan of celebrities either, by the way, but I know that if I was a celebrity I'd hate to be stalked by those people!  Having those people watching your every step gotta be hard.

#38 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

Has anyone else noticed that some days it seems like TMZ has the least celebrity gossip out of all the shows? In my opinion spotting a celebrity out running errands isn't gossip and watching them all sit and talk in the newsroom about celebrities also isn't gossip.

#39 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

I don't know how TMZ gets the latest dirt. They're crazy! They are star hunters, but they are good at their job. The way they broke the news about the dad from 7th Heaven! OMG! That was nuts. I always knew there was something creepy about that man!

#40 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

I don't know how TMZ gets the latest dirt. They're crazy! They are star hunters, but they are good at their job. The way they broke the news about the dad from 7th Heaven! OMG! That was nuts. I always knew there was something creepy about that man!

It's ridiculous that he's blaming his wife for releasing the tape. He says that he can't get acting work now because she relased the tape. She says that he can't get work now because he's a pedophile. I agree with her. She's not wrong for exposing him as a pedophile. He's wrong for being a pedophile in the first place.