#1 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

'Breaking Bad' to make scream-worthy return in July

Any fans here? Let's discuss!

I recently watched seasons 1-3 and am now completely captivated by this show. The hype is justified! I'm holding out on the season 4 DVD release but I might have to break bad and look for it online somewhere soon.

#2 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

I have heard of it before but didn't really know what it was about. Now that I do, I find it uninteresting. I don't want to watch people selling meth.

#3 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

I have heard of it before but didn't really know what it was about. Now that I do, I find it uninteresting. I don't want to watch people selling meth.

Then you'll probably hate Dexter, Homeland and most all other dramas. Most are centered around people who do bad things

I don't necessarily root for them but enjoy the shows as long as their awful actions are not glorified by the show runners.

I haven't watched BB but it is one of the most critically acclaimed shows on the air so they must be doing something right

#4 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Breaking Bad is so much more than people selling meth. It's a dark, smart, and sometimes hilarious show that examines the evil that stir inside good people while finding humanity in people who appear on the surface bad. It exposes a lifestyle that many of us cannot identify with while dealing with subjects (family, marital strife, health crisis) that most can relate to on some level which is what makes this show very intriguing. Breaking Bad is an intense, well-written and superbly acted show; two good reasons to give it a try if you're looking for something different to watch.

#5 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Then you'll probably hate Dexter, Homeland and most all other dramas. Most are centered around people who do bad things

I don't necessarily root for them but enjoy the shows as long as their awful actions are not glorified by the show runners.

I haven't watched BB but it is one of the most critically acclaimed shows on the air so they must be doing something right

You are right there. I don't watch many dramas...they are too dramatic. And like you said they have a lot of people doing bad things. Yeah but you are right, they have to be doing something right to be critically acclaimed, Breaking Bad is probably interesting because the guy is fighting for his life.

#6 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

I recently started watching the series and to say the truth I have not enjoyed it the way I expected it to be. It was over-hyped and I just succumbed to it. Will continue watching it though just in case if I dont have anything else to watch.

#7 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Get your DVRs ready!

AMC will start re-airing seasons 1-3 on June 11. Here's the schedule: AMC Breaking Bad TV Schedule

Hopefully they will add season 4 episodes before the new season starts in July.

Also: Video - First Behind-the-Scenes Look at Breaking Bad Season 5

#8 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Oh, wow! It starts in July? Awesome!!! I have so many shows that I watch in the summer. It totally distracts me from the fact that I won't see my fall shows for several months. I can't wait to see what goes down this season, it's gonna be crazy.

My hubby is saying that season 5 is going to be the last season. Is this true? If so, then poo on that!

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

The fifth season will be the last but it will be split due to having 16 episodes instead of the standard 13 episodes. The first group of episodes will premiere this summer while the remainder episodes will air at a later time, probably winter/spring of 2013.

ETA: AMC announced today its summer programming slate, including the highly anticipated premiere of the first part of "Breaking Bad's" final season on Sunday, July 15 at 10pm ET/PT. The final season of the Emmy Award-winning and critically acclaimed drama, produced by Sony Pictures Television, consists of 16 episodes, with the first eight episodes beginning July 15 and culminating with the series' final eight episodes next summer 2013. Source

#10 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Landry Lance will be joining the cast in Season 5.

According to the exclusive report from TV Line, [Jesse] Plemons will play a guy named Todd--" a dependable, innocuous, working-class guy" who turns out to be something different than what he appears to be, with his big head and his dumb baby. Anyway, hiding a secret dark side should be no trouble for Plemons: Lest we forget, he spent most of Friday Night Lights making everyone, including the audience, forget that he was a murderer.

#11 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

The fifth season will be the last but it will be split due to having 16 episodes instead of the standard 13 episodes. The first group of episodes will premiere this summer while the remainder episodes will air at a later time, probably winter/spring of 2013.

ETA: AMC announced today its summer programming slate, including the highly anticipated premiere of the first part of "Breaking Bad's" final season on Sunday, July 15 at 10pm ET/PT. The final season of the Emmy Award-winning and critically acclaimed drama, produced by Sony Pictures Television, consists of 16 episodes, with the first eight episodes beginning July 15 and culminating with the series' final eight episodes next summer 2013. Source

Ugh, so instead of one 13 episode season, we're getting two 8 episode ones? And they're calling it the final season? What a crock! I think that counts as two seasons, but we're getting gypped 5 episodes each. I say either pull the bandaid off quick and give us the full season this summer or add episodes and give us two full seasons.

Of course, I love this show and I just want more of it :P

#12 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm sure the split season sucks for long time fans. As a newcomer to the show who has never watched a season in real time, I love that I have an extra year to revel in the fandom.

#13 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

I'm sure the split season sucks for long time fans. As a newcomer to the show who has never watched a season in real time, I love that I have an extra year to revel in the fandom.

This is the way I feel too. Breaking Bad is a show I meant to watch but never got around to seeing, so knowing that I can catch up and then enjoy the final season over the next year is pretty cool. I've always liked Bryan Cranston so it will be interesting to watch him in the starring role.

#14 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Set your DVR!

How did a public school teacher become Public Enemy Number 1? If you haven't been keeping up with the series Time magazine calls "TV's best drama," you might not have the faintest clue. Fortunately, AMC is encoring all four seasons of Breaking Bad with multiple episodes airing late night every night starting Sun., Jun. 11. Stay up late or set your DVR to watch the entire series in order from the beginning. Witness Walter White's dramatic transformation and get ready for the new season premiering Sun., Jul. 15 at 10/9c on AMC. Source and full schedule.

#15 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

I just started season 1 on Netflix, and am already hooked.

#16 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Just go the first four seasons for an early birthday present (so I could catch up before the new season starts). Have only had time to watch the first episode. I am not as captivated as I thought I would be, but I am very intrigued. I expect I'll be hooked after a couple more episodes.

#17 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Just go the first four seasons for an early birthday present (so I could catch up before the new season starts). Have only had time to watch the first episode. I am not as captivated as I thought I would be, but I am very intrigued. I expect I'll be hooked after a couple more episodes.

Happy Birthday in advance. Enjoy your birthday present :)

I guess Breaking Bad is one of those shows that you have to give a few episodes to impress you. I tried the first episode too.

Don't judge me when I say the leading man isn't exactly my type. Yes, they have to be my type :lol If he were cuter, I'd have sucked it up but he looks around the same age as my father.

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

It took a few episodes for me to get into the show too, but the brilliant writing, acting and cinematography will win you over eventually.

Here are some other reasons to watch and I agree with each one. Lol!

Wendy- the co-lead, Jesse, reminds of Steve from Shameless.

#19 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

Now three episodes in. What does it say about me if it takes characters cleaning up a dead body with acid and then re-cleaning when the acid eats through the bathtub and floor before I fall in love with a series?

#20 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Now three episodes in. What does it say about me if it takes characters cleaning up a dead body with acid and then re-cleaning when the acid eats through the bathtub and floor before I fall in love with a series?

It means you will love Breaking Bad. It's dark and sometimes depressing, but it draws you in with smart storytelling, great acting, beautifully filmed scenes and humor. You may have to step away and let it digest for a few days, but you will come back for more. It's a brilliant show.