#21 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

EW's exclusive first-look teaser photo.

'Breaking Bad' season 5 haunting photo: Mirror mirror -- EXCLUSIVE

Something is keeping Walt and Sky up at night, and we bet it’s nothing good.

Here’s an exclusive first-look teaser photo for the fifth season of Breaking Bad that shows the happy couple unable to sleep. The framing of this image helps unnerve the viewer, because the mirror directly reflects back on “you” — in other words, we should be able to see ourselves/the camera in this photo based on how it’s shot, but instead we just see a blank wall in front of Skyler. Breaking Bad returns to AMC on July 15.

Posted Image

#22 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

New pictures from season 5 via eonline

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

I'm very excited for this season to start, even if it's gonna be short. I like those pics, especially the first one. Very craft photo editing. I'm trying to figure it out :lol I can see that it's actually two pictures edited together. I think the person taking the photo was cut out of the pic and the curtains were inserted into it. Still, it's very well done.

I think Jesse is sometimes cute. Definitely not when he's strung out.

#25 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Jesse is pretty much my favorite character on TV right now. He's someone you should love to hate with his foul attitude and reckless behavior, but he's also vulnerable which makes him sympathetic therefore you have to root for him.

Jesse Pinkman and Arya Stark are 1a. and 1b. on my list of favorite fictional characters.

#26 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Jesse is a very complex character, which is my favorite kind. The same goes for the rest of the characters in Breaking Bad. As far as Jesse is concerned, he goes through quite the evolution throughout the series. At first he's a tough guy, wrong side of tracks, druggie, dealer, etc. You're not really sure whether or not you should like him.

But then you get to see that he has some pretty strong moral values. Not that there's many of them, but he does have a strong sense of wrong and right. The combination makes for some serious emotional conflicts with his character. Not only that, he's smart. He has a helluva lot more sense than Walter does, most of the time. He actually kind of keeps Walter grounded. Walter would be dead 100x over if Jesse wasn't there because he makes him stop and think. It doesn't always happen that way, but it's often enough to keep him out of the hottest water.

#27 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/v/PYErgUu95HA

#28 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Four more days!

#29 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Happy Breaking Bad Sunday!

#30 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Jesse is a very complex character, which is my favorite kind. The same goes for the rest of the characters in Breaking Bad. As far as Jesse is concerned, he goes through quite the evolution throughout the series. At first he's a tough guy, wrong side of tracks, druggie, dealer, etc. You're not really sure whether or not you should like him.

But then you get to see that he has some pretty strong moral values. Not that there's many of them, but he does have a strong sense of wrong and right. The combination makes for some serious emotional conflicts with his character. Not only that, he's smart. He has a helluva lot more sense than Walter does, most of the time. He actually kind of keeps Walter grounded. Walter would be dead 100x over if Jesse wasn't there because he makes him stop and think. It doesn't always happen that way, but it's often enough to keep him out of the hottest water.

I haven't caught up fully yet, but I would have to agree. Jesse is my favorite character on Breaking Bad because of the intelligence that shows through the drop-out druggie exterior. From what I have seen so far, Walter does not give the poor guy enough credit.

#31 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

I loved that scene earlier where Walt and the other guy were bickering about what to use to destroy the laptop and Jesse was in the background being a genius :lol

It's a good premiere episode. I'm confused about the opening scene. I'm guessing it has to be a flash forward because he has hair but he's still all involved in shady business. A machine gun, though. Wow.

#32 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Always, but I did miss the episode that just recorded. We had something come up over the last few days so we have missed a ton of rest & relax time. Was it good?

#33 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

EW's exclusive first-look teaser photo.

'Breaking Bad' season 5 haunting photo: Mirror mirror -- EXCLUSIVE

Something is keeping Walt and Sky up at night, and we bet it’s nothing good.

Here’s an exclusive first-look teaser photo for the fifth season of Breaking Bad that shows the happy couple unable to sleep. The framing of this image helps unnerve the viewer, because the mirror directly reflects back on “you” — in other words, we should be able to see ourselves/the camera in this photo based on how it’s shot, but instead we just see a blank wall in front of Skyler. Breaking Bad returns to AMC on July 15.

Posted Image

Oh man I love that photo. I know it's edited but it's still cool to see "us" not there. I wasn't even sure what was so striking about it at first until I read the caption.

#34 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Ah, I really can not watch too much of this. We lost a season somehow so we are back on last years catch instead of this year, but we are recording this new season on the DVR and get to watch it once it ends. I am guessing we will blow through the entire season within a week. :)

#35 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Woah, how'd this thread fall so far behind?

I'm having a great time with this season so far. At first I had a tough time keeping my attention on it, but it's gotten wild now. I can't believe what a bad guy Walt's turned into. Poor Skylar :(

#36 love2watch

love2watch

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I am not quite up to date on this one. I am pretty sure we are about half way through the 4th season. Skylar just had the baby in the season we are watching. Walt is definitely starting to turn into a "bad" guy. I love the show though!

#37 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

I LOVE this show, but apparently not everyone does. I started a thread about it on another forum, and people just went beserk about how it "glorifies drug dealing". If that is what they thought then they really missed the point of the show.

#38 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I LOVE this show, but apparently not everyone does. I started a thread about it on another forum, and people just went beserk about how it "glorifies drug dealing". If that is what they thought then they really missed the point of the show.

Oh yeah, that drives me batty. People are the same way about Weeds. Honestly, if they bothered to watch the shows, they'd realize that what they do is show you why you SHOULDN'T EVER DEAL DRUGS!!! EVER!!! :lol

#39 love2watch

love2watch

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Agreed Bonny and Sensa. I have had the same experience just mentioning that I like the show! I used to love Weeds too but the last couple of seasons seem to lose their original appeal. They lost me after Nancy had the baby with the drug kingpin.

#40 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

It's a TV show! What are people saying? Are they that weak minded that they think they will be compelled to turn to drug dealing by watching a glorified show about it? Yeah, right, if they want to be that dumb, get killed, or go to prison, just by watching a staged TV show, then they had problems in the first place. There is not a TV show on this earth that can corrupt my mind into doing bad things.

It is purely entertainment, and I think the writers of Breaking Bad are brilliant! It's suspenseful, with exciting twists and turns, and just riveting! I love it and think it is the best show I've ever seen! I read though that this may be the last season forever. Have you read this? I hope it's not true! I have to find out who put that book in the bathroom for Hank to find! Oh, my gosh, my heart was racing, haha! Also, I was a little sad Walt killed Mike. I sort of liked him, even though he was just as psychotic as the others.