• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#41 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Zynoa I absolutely agree that the writers are brilliant and they do a wonderful job of pulling you in to see what's going to happen next. I can't remember exactly how the response was phrased, but it was something along the lines of I hope the producers, writers, and actors became strung out and kill themselves for glorifying the drug trade. That response kind of took me by suprise.

#42 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

It's a TV show! What are people saying? Are they that weak minded that they think they will be compelled to turn to drug dealing by watching a glorified show about it? Yeah, right, if they want to be that dumb, get killed, or go to prison, just by watching a staged TV show, then they had problems in the first place. There is not a TV show on this earth that can corrupt my mind into doing bad things.

It is purely entertainment, and I think the writers of Breaking Bad are brilliant! It's suspenseful, with exciting twists and turns, and just riveting! I love it and think it is the best show I've ever seen! I read though that this may be the last season forever. Have you read this? I hope it's not true! I have to find out who put that book in the bathroom for Hank to find! Oh, my gosh, my heart was racing, haha! Also, I was a little sad Walt killed Mike. I sort of liked him, even though he was just as psychotic as the others.

This "season" is actually 2 seasons. They're calling it the same season, but half of it aired this summer and the other half will air next summer. However, it will be over for good after that.

#43 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Sensa and BonnyC, yeah, so I don't see how they can call it "glorifying". Who in their right mind would or could do the things associated with such a trade? When I watch shows of this caliber, all I can think of are absolutely NOT wanting, NOR willing, to get involved with such things. Actually the show is quite an education. But anyway, I'm so disappointed the show will be ending, but I guess a truly good show has to end the right way. Maybe they will change their minds? Hopeful thinking!

When they were showing scenes of them raking in all that money I was wondering how in the world is Skyler going to launder all that. It was way too much for a car wash. Now I know! Wish I had that mountain of money in the storage unit, unbelievable! But, legally of course!

#44 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

Skylar needs to get a little more creative. If they expand the car wash and turn it into a chain, she could launder a lot more. Maybe not all of it, but a much larger chunk.

#45 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

My husband and i have never watched this show. But we have become very interested in it from all the commercials. It looks really good. After reading these posts, I know now I will watch it. We love this type of show and can not figure out why we never paid attention to it. Thanks everyone.

#46 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Oh yeah, good thinking BonnyC. I don't know though. They may still have to account where all that money came from to expand, they would have to open, gosh how many carwashes? I imagine it would take time too. I wonder how much money there was. I was glad to see Walt give Jesse his share of the money. I certainly hope it was more than $5 million, since he can now afford to give a bigger cut. Just love this show!

#47 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I am working my way through the second season of this currently, so I'm not going to read all the posts in this thread. It'll spoil it for me!

I'm looking forward to how the rest of the seasons go, though. I'm really enjoying it so far and hope that it keeps up the same momentum.

#48 tierapatt50

tierapatt50

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I can honestly say at first I was not really sure that i would watch the full season through because it starts off so slow but once you get into the show there is no turning back. I do get mad at the fact that he lets Jessie get him into so much trouble all the time and he always have to save him from getting killed but I think he does it because he kind of sees him as his son in a way.

#49 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Thank God Breaking bad is coming back! It just stinks this will be that last season! I can't believe that Hank actually found the book, but who knows what he will actually do from here. i honestly don't see him turning on Walt and arresting him. I think when push comes to shove, Walt is like a brother to him. And I don't see Jessie turning has back on Walt either, unless the whole Mike situation comes to light,. Then, I could actually see Jessie trying to kill him.

#50 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

August 11, where are you? Because Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows to ever grace television, although it is about to air it's last remaining episodes. I have read some interesting responses on here and let me just add that I remember I was on Netflix one evening and I was looking for a superb series to watch. I heard all the hype about the show, and I decided to check it out for myself. The first thing that struck my interest was the lead and chemist, Walter White and his family, Skylar and Walter White, Jr. I got connected once Walter's major situation put him in desperation and made him resort to the drug business, but for the right reasons. As you go on from Season 1 to Season 5, you find his character thickly and brilliantly plotted and just how the world can change people that are after the things they lust for so much. Sometimes I really can't decide who's screen time is more compelling and enjoyable between Walter and his accomplice, Jesse, but whenever they have story arcs surrounding them, it's always a pleasure to watch the two of them. I am also so eager to find out how Hank responds to "Heisenberg".

PS: I don't look at it as Breaking Bad promoting the drug trade, and I, like everyone should be, am sensible enough to know this is fictitious programming.

Edited by Phoenix360, 24 July 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#51 mrscilluffo

mrscilluffo

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

I am SUPER excited for the return of Breaking Bad for it's final season! (FINALLY! August 11th can't come too soon!) I truly believe that it may be the greatest television drama in history. I am literally on the edge of my seat every single episode. The writing is genius, and the acting is superb.

I tend to believe that Hank will try to go after Walt on his own, at least at first. I also believe that Walt's cancer will come back with a vengeance, and this will play a key role in the actions he chooses to take. I can't wait to watch everything unfold in the final episodes and, since this is a show that has proven time and time again that anything goes, I am trying not to get too ahead of myself with my predictions. I do tend to believe, though, that the show will have a 'Hamlet-type' ending, where most of, if not all, the characters will meet their maker. It has been a tragedy since day one.

Edited by mrscilluffo, 26 July 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#52 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

I want to see some more villains for Walt. I loved the Gus story line. But I am not sure the final season could fit another villain of that magnitude into the show.

#53 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I want to see some more villains for Walt. I loved the Gus story line. But I am not sure the final season could fit another villain of that magnitude into the show.

That Gus storyline was wonderful. It was definitely one of, if not, the best storyline to run its course on the show. But talking of villains, Walt is his own villain right now to be honest and he'll be too busy confronting the full circle that comes back to bite him for all of his actions.

#54 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Yeah I think the final season will basically show the final transition of Walt into a full blown villain. That has really been the plan from the start, to take this seemingly mild mannered cancer stricken teacher, and then transform him a full blown drug lord. I'm definitely excited for the final season and can't wait till it starts in two weeks.

#55 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

The season 5 marathon just started on AMC if anyone wants to get caught up.

#56 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

I really don't care what happens to Walt, I just want Jesse to come out on top and in a stable place. I don't think I could handle anything bad happening to Jesse.

#57 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

I really don't care what happens to Walt, I just want Jesse to come out on top and in a stable place. I don't think I could handle anything bad happening to Jesse.

Yeah I know. I've truly grown close to the Jesse character personally. I believe Walt deserves prosecution for all the lives he has wrecked and ended, but I hope he doesn't die. Breaking Bad scored their highest viewing numbers this past sunday, delivering one of the most intense and memorable episodes in the show's entire run. I think the whole episode should get an oscar for the extraordinary acting performances and ending on such a high that leaves viewers biting their nails into next week's episode.

Edited by Phoenix360, 14 August 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#58 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

I love Jesse so much. So many bad things have happened to him and around him. So many murders that I can't even count anymore, lol. He's pretty much been emotionally disturbed every since his girlfriend died in season 2. It's only gotten worse. He needs to just take the money and go off and have an awesome life. Why stay in town? If I had that kind of cash I would be backpacking through some gorgeous foreign country wooing women and having fun.

#59 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

I recently started watching this show. Just binge watching it currently on Netflix and trying to catch up to season 5 before it all ends.

I must say season 1 was not exceptional and I was confused why it's been hyped so much. But wow, season 2 and 3 are just absolutely amazing and the plot is really captivating.

Currently I'm halfway done with season 3 hopefully I'll complete it in time to watch the ending along with all of you! If I'm not done by then and get the ending spoiled I'll never forgive myself!

#60 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Wow, this season right now is two for two with the first two epsiodes both being amazing. Hank is definitely going through the wire right now and it was interesting seeing his exchange with Skylar. Then of course Marie has pretty much snapped. Then of course there is the issue of Lydia. Can't wait to see what happens next.