• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I really like Life After Top Chef. Spike is such a little boy, but I like him. Fabio is great, he makes me laugh and works hard. Richard has got to dump his wife. I don't want to be with him, so it's nothing like that, but either she hates the camera or she hates Richard. Jen is....I'm working on enjoying Jen. She has such an awesome name, she likes to drink, but her personality could use a little work. Less anger.

#2 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

I am not usually a reality TV fan, but as a foodie I love this show. For me, its the best show on bravo.

Anyone else watching this? See the end of season 9?

#3 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Did anyone catch either season of Top Chef Desserts? I love that show, especially since Hubert Keller is one of the judges. The only problem is it makes me crave sweets.

I hope there will be a season 3.

#4 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

Top Chef is not my favorite show but I also love cooking shows (as a man and a main chef in my own house :D ) and I watch them every time I have a chance to do so. My favorite one was a 'Hell's Kitchen' with Gordon Ramsey and his terrible attitude :D (I totally understand the guy as when I was working in the restaurant n the kitchen everybody was like that :P ) . I also like to watch some minor cooking programs such as 'Hairy Bikers' - two guys on a Harleys traveling across England showing the best English dishes and restaurants. I love it!

#5 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

I like Top Chef too...in fact, I think I was one of the only people who actually like Marcel :D I don't know what it was about him, but he just struck a chord with me and I found myself rooting for him. But I'd have to say Hell's Kitchen is my fave cooking show by far as well.

Ramsey makes that show and if he wasn't an integral part of it, I probably wouldn't be interested. I also like shoes like Man vs. Food too. I'm not a particular fan of being a glutton, but in between forcing himself to eat insane amounts of food, he showcases some mouth watering places. I also like America Eats too....I guess my nerdy self shines through in everything lol

#6 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

I like Top Chef but sometimes I miss seasons. I didn't watch Top Chef Texas; is the season still ongoing or is it over now?

Hell's Kitchen is awesome, mostly due to Gordon Ramsay, of course, and I think it's starting up next week. I can't wait!

#7 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I am a follower of cooking and cooking competition shows. Top chef is one of these programs. I wasn't able to catch Season 9 though. Season 8 gave the title to Richard Blais. He and Dale Talde were my favorites. I also loved Fabio Viviani for his humor!

#8 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I was able to watch a couple of episodes. I am a regular reviewer of Top Chef, so when Top Chef: Just Desserts was aired, I made sure to see it, too. I love the quick-fire challenge. I am amazed at how the contestants are able to think of and create mouth-watering desserts in such a short time.

#9 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Top Chef is not my favorite show but I also love cooking shows (as a man and a main chef in my own house :D ) and I watch them every time I have a chance to do so. My favorite one was a 'Hell's Kitchen' with Gordon Ramsey and his terrible attitude :D (I totally understand the guy as when I was working in the restaurant n the kitchen everybody was like that :P ) . I also like to watch some minor cooking programs such as 'Hairy Bikers' - two guys on a Harleys traveling across England showing the best English dishes and restaurants. I love it!

I found the opposite. Top Chef actually has people who know what they are doing so it is exciting to see what they can create and how far they can push themselves. Hell's Kitchen gets stale very quickly because those chefs all suck. They are just weeding out the garbage chefs to find one semi-decent one and that formula loses its appeal pretty quickly.

When you serve completely raw chicken wings (like has happened many, many times) I don't think you can consider yourself a chef...at best you are a shitty cook.

#10 love2watch

love2watch

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I love ALL of Gordon Ramsay's shows including Master Chef and Hell's Kitchen. Top Chef is a good show too it is just the other end of the spectrum from home cooks trying to get a start.

#11 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

What's happening with Top Chef right now? I lost track of it a while ago. Is it currently on, or is a new season starting soon? I'd like to watch the next time a season begins.

#12 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Right now is Top Chef Masters...tonight is the season finale of it. I don't know when, but usually only a few weeks after the Masters finale (at most) then Top Chef starts, which is very exciting! I like Top Chef so much more than Hell's Kitchen because they are actually chefs and not line cooks trying to become chefs.

#13 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

I like the Top Chef spinoffs but I would rather stick to the tried and true Top Chef. I like an occasional spinoff and hope they continue them but I would prefer a rate of 2 Top Chef seasons to 1 spinoff...maybe alternate between Masters and Desserts and then be consistent with Top Chef.

#14 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Top Chef Seattle - Season 10

Season Premiere Wednesday, Nov 7 10/9c

#15 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

This show is the only reason I even turn to Bravo once in awhile. Personally, I feel this should be taken off Bravo and put on either Food Network or the Cooking Channel where it's far more suited.

#16 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

TC needs to stay on Bravo. I would hate for it to go the way of Project Runway which used to be the best reality show that Bravo had to offer until the split. Maybe it's just me and my Bravo bias, but PR has never felt the same to me after it moved to Lifetime.

This weekend I marathoned Life after Top Chef and it's a really good show. It's nice to see the personal side of the chefs outside of the competition. I hope they have more seasons with other chefs.

#17 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

But Top Chef is a cooking show.

So if they moved to Food Network I doubt they of all people will mess with the formula. After all, the channel is custom built FOR chefs.

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I doubt Bravo will ever part with Top Chef. It's the one shining star that keeps the network from being a complete train wreck. Top Chef won an Emmy 2 years ago for Best Reality Show - the only show to beat The Amazing Race since the category was created.

#19 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

I like a lot of cooking shows. I wouldn't rank Top Chef even in my top 5, though. I prefer too many of the others over and above it. I only watch it when there's nothing else to watch really.

#20 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

I like a lot of cooking shows. I wouldn't rank Top Chef even in my top 5, though. I prefer too many of the others over and above it. I only watch it when there's nothing else to watch really.

If I had to make a top 5, I'm not sure which ones would complete my list. But I do know at least 2 out of my 5. Iron Chef and Chopped. Hell, Iron Chef would possibly be my number 1