• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

Top Chef is ok however I like Hell's Kitchen better. I sometime zone out when watching Top Chef...maybe it's because there's no screaming in the kitchen. I do admire all the chef's individuality and creativity though.

I feel sorry for those chefs at Hell's Kitchen. I'm shocked Ramsey hasn't been at least purposely hospitalized by one of the chefs. Because I'm not sure if I would be able to take his constant yelling and berating without harming him.

Hahaha, same here!  There are thing that really make wonder, like the fact that guy hasn't gotten a black and blue eye so far, those chefs must be getting paid so well in order to stand that guy.  I know I wouldn't!  What amazes me is the fact those chefs haven't had a very bad mental breakdown on camera.

Hahaha, yeah! It's amazing!  I actually didn't know Chef Ramsey could be nice until I watched the kid's version.  The guy can be nice, but he just chooses not to!  He's normaly so mean, I'm a tough girl, but I really think it'd be hard not to cry if he said something awful about my cooking... Gosh, I'd hate to be the one cooking for him! 

I love seeing him making an effort to be nice tho, that's the most amusing bit of the kid's version of that show for me, love it! :P :lol:

I've seen Chef Ramsey be nice on the British version of Kitchen Nightmares too. I think that Fox has him play up the angry behavior for ratings. He is not nearly as crazy on the British version and he talks in a normal voice and there's no loud surf guitar playing.

#42 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Oh I see!  I have never watched the british version, but now that you told me about this I surely will.  I'm so used to the rude angry Ramsey :lol:  Can't wait to see the british version now!  I'll try to find it, if they don't air it here then I'll search online!  Thanks for the info, I had it all wrong about him :blink:

#43 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

No matter how many times Chef Ramsey goes off on the chefs on Hell's Kitchen, I keep coming back for more. I guess that says a lot about the appeal of seeing someone getting chewed out for someone not doing their job correctly. One things for sure, you know you're going to get quality if you go to one of his restaurants. 

Since you're a foodie, I might recommend a lot of the shows on the Food Network or Travel Channel. After all, if you're going abroad, you NEED substance. So, why not pop on over there to see what places you should visit, should you ever travel outside the country? :) One such shows I would recommend is No Reservations and Man vs. Food. Classics. 

#44 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

Top Chef is good, but right now I am liking MasterChef Junior! It is so good and those kids can COOK! They know techniques that I just learned and I have been cooking for over 20 years. They are super talented and I only hope my kids love cooking as half as much as they do.

#45 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

I'm amazed at that fact that kids at that age can cook, as well! Although, sometimes I have to question the authenicity of the show, you know? Are those kids really cooking those dishes and know as much as they say they know? Or are they actors and someone else just simply puts a finished product up at the end. It's very possible from them to do because I've been to two showing of this game show and both times, something was edited and then re-done to make it flow better. The game show host told the contestant to say the same answer as before so it doesn't look like there was a skip. So, if they do that with a mistake, who knows what they do with a person when they didn't say a line correctly.