• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I had happy thoughts and really liked this show when it first came out. It's gone downhill since then. I'd like to see the girls do more with their business and less rehashing the same old jokes filled with repetitive sexual comments. They would be funnier if they didn't make everything a sexual joke that isn't even funny. I've seen enough already. I'll probably stop watching it in a week or two because I'm not seeing any improvement whatsoever.

#2 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

I agree. It was kind of a fun show in the beginning, but most of the jokes fall flat and the sex jokes aren't nearly as funny as they think they are.

#3 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

100% agree ~ It was very funny for the first few shows and now it pretty much is lame. I have not watched it in weeks. I really wanted another funny sitcom to watch too, there are so many serious shows out there.

#4 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I watched it the first 2 weeks and it really didn't wow me. I don't have a lot of time to spare for TV watching so a show really has to grab me to get my time. This one fell far short and I was sad since it had a great premise.

#5 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

I liked the characters and thought they had a lot of potential. I agree that it's fallen flatter than last month's pancakes. They need to get rid of the sexual jokes, the gal from "Legally Blonde," the restaurant entirely and let the girls get started in a real cupcake, or bakery business. I predict this show won't be back unless some major changes occur.

#6 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

It was really funny tonight. I thought I'd give it another chance! Sometimes shows are really funny and then just bomb out. I do agree with you MrsWinchester - the show has to grab my attention quick or I won't continue watching it.

#7 malia22

malia22

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I had really high hopes for 2 Broke Girls because I love Whitney Cumming's writing and I've been a big fan of Kat Dennings for years. That's why I was so disappointed when I tuned into the pilot and almost didn't laugh once. I think what the problem is (at least for me) is Kat Dennings doesn't seem to put any effort behind her lines, like she's relying on the words to sell the joke without any comedic delivery.

I get that shes going for the deadpan sarcastic humor (which I've always believed she was great at) but in this it's like she just says things without any charisma at all. I would like to think that it's not all her doing and perhaps its a direction given to her by the director but I just feel like it could be so much more especially when the writing is actually funny. Besides all I've said I've still watched every episode in hopes that it will get better....my fingers are crossed for season two.

#8 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I haven't see this one yet, but I would be willing to give it a go. I like the dry sarcastic humor take on things. What network and night is this one on?

#9 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

I like this show for two main reasons:

The raunchy, barely allowed on TV jokes and Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs are just ridiculously, smoking hot. I can't help wanting to just lick the TV screen. You can definitely see Whitney Cummings humor in this show; a lot more than her own show to be honest.

I don't think it will last too much longer because eventually they will have to start recycling story lines or have them break out and have a booming business which will defeat the "broke girls," aspect. I give it probably about 4 seasons, which is a pretty good run in today's ADD society where shows get cancelled after 2 episodes.

#10 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

I was starting to lose interest, but then they added the Polish lady in their building. I think she is so funny. Then again I am a 4th generation Polish American, so her accent, (even if it is fake) reminds me of some relatives no longer with us. I also love that she is basically a cleaning lady and wears all the fancy clothes and furs. If you have grown up in a Polish AMerican family, this is very funny tv.

#11 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

OK, what happened to the episode last night 10.29.12???? It was supposed to be Cedric The Entertainer, and instead it was a rerun. They didn't even give a explanation on their website. Argggh I was looking forward to that one.

#12 vivi

vivi

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I was expecting a new show last night as well. They advertised for the Cedric show and then everything on CBS was a re-run. I watched the episode without volume and listened to music instead. I think the show works visually better than intellectually. The material is quite stale and they seemed doomed to stay in the diner forever. The writers could make the show a lot more interesting if the girls had more story line encounters with their patrons instead of only with each other. I am disappointed they are letting this show slide downhill.

#13 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

I think because of Hurricane Sandy, all tv programming was replaced with re-runs. Its the only reason I could think of. But they could have posted something on their website or something so we didn't think we were going crazy.

#14 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I just now started watching this show and I have no idea what to think. I laughed several times, but I have a feeling that it's going to grow old in no time at all. I can't imagine them being able to keep this up long term.

#15 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

I just now started watching this show and I have no idea what to think. I laughed several times, but I have a feeling that it's going to grow old in no time at all. I can't imagine them being able to keep this up long term.

My mother watches it faithfully. She called me this morning to complain; I don't know how it is possible but the whole episode was about sex

#16 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I've seen this a couple of times when there was nothing else on to watch. I found it to have some funny moments, but for the most part it's a little "slow." Still, it's not the worst thing on TV this season.

#17 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

I haven't followed this show religiously but I still manage to see the majority of the episodes. It does really have a certain charm to it. The chemistry between Max & Caroline seems so genuine and I think that is primarily why the show works. I do have to say Kat Dennings is by far the highlight of the show for me. I hope Max gets another love interest soon! I'm sure she will though since Caroline has a boyfriend now.

#18 abmaverick

abmaverick

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I like the show as well, but the jokes are hit or miss. Sometimes the jokes are quite funny, but other times, they are just too blunt and cheezy trying to make you laugh. It will be interesting how weill Max and Caroline do with the new shop. I imagine that can do that well otherwise the show would be two rich girls. :)

#19 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I have to admit I do like this show, and its mainly due to the fact that the two main characters do work well off each other. However, I have to also admit, that its not what I would consider a must see program. If there is something else that I want to watch, then I will watch it over Two Broke Girls. So, even though I like it, I wouldn't say its one of my favorite programs.

#20 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

I am really mostly interested in seeing the progression of the cupcake business. I suppose I am a sucker for an entrepreneur trying to make something happen. I just wish they would show more about that, and less of all the sex jokes, that are becoming a little predictable. I do like that they added the "Polish" lady. I loved her in Legally blonde and Secret Life of an AMerican Teenager, and I love her here too.