• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Some of the acting is iffy to me, but I do enjoy the show in general. Jennifer Coolidge absolutely steals the show, though. Even when the writing is sub par, her delivery elevates it so much that you wouldn't even notice. Oleg is also hilariously disgusting, and the two of them together make one hell of a team. I'm glad the show was given a chance, even if it isn't really the funniest show ever to exist.

#22 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ok, so as predicted, when they finally opened the shop, they lost money and closed the shop.  I knew we were in for a rollar coaster here. The reason I like this show though is because it really entertains you, while requiring no thought on your part lol. Which makes it a great escape after having a complicated day of your own. 

I agree--not every comedy has to be multi-layered and deep. One thing I do like about Two Broke Girls is that its pretty upfront about things. Oftentimes the storyline is pretty cliche and predictable, but the show has a good enough balance of characters and storyline to keep the show afloat. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted another season or two (which would still be a good run, if you ask me).

#23 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I still want Max to have a new love interest! I'm glad things didn't go too far with the character Nick Zano plays.

#24 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I am really mostly interested in seeing the progression of the cupcake business. I suppose I am a sucker for an entrepreneur trying to make something happen. I just wish they would show more about that, and less of all the sex jokes, that are becoming a little predictable. I do like that they added the "Polish" lady. I loved her in Legally blonde and Secret Life of an AMerican Teenager, and I love her here too.

Funny you should bring this character up, I have read on other boards that some don't like their Polish neighbor. But like you I like her, and I like her interactions with Max and Caroline. Also, she does have a reason for being around, because she has money. She is the one who loan them to money to start to cupcake business.

Ironically many like us wanted them to get the cupcake business up and running. Well, if this character didn't exist that wouldn't have been easy to do, since they were struggling to get the money together. I also agree with you that I would like to see more emphasis place on getting the cupcake business off the ground.

#25 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I am really mostly interested in seeing the progression of the cupcake business. I suppose I am a sucker for an entrepreneur trying to make something happen. I just wish they would show more about that, and less of all the sex jokes, that are becoming a little predictable. I do like that they added the "Polish" lady. I loved her in Legally blonde and Secret Life of an AMerican Teenager, and I love her here too.

Funny you should bring this character up, I have read on other boards that some don't like their Polish neighbor. But like you I like her, and I like her interactions with Max and Caroline. Also, she does have a reason for being around, because she has money. She is the one who loan them to money to start to cupcake business.

Ironically many like us wanted them to get the cupcake business up and running. Well, if this character didn't exist that wouldn't have been easy to do, since they were struggling to get the money together. I also agree with you that I would like to see more emphasis place on getting the cupcake business off the ground.

Well it looks like they are finally moving forward. Its only taken them 2 seasons to get s real shop. Now I want to see them make some real money already.....of course they will lose it as well. I am sure this show is about to takes us on a roller coster ride. Not to mention we haven't seen Max or Caroline's mother(s) why do I have a feeling that they are related some how?

#26 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I caught an episode recently and I am amazed this show is still around. It's just not that interesting. I love TV, but these days I may only watch two nights of primetime during the week. Things have certainly changed in the television landscape.

#27 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Is it my imagination, did the girl that plays Max lose weight? Maybe its because she wasn't wearing that hideous waitress uniform. ( Are those the ugliest things you have ever seen or what?) But I digress, she looks a lot smaller when she wears the black t-shirt for her cupcake business.

#28 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Is it my imagination, did the girl that plays Max lose weight? Maybe its because she wasn't wearing that hideous waitress uniform. ( Are those the ugliest things you have ever seen or what?) But I digress, she looks a lot smaller when she wears the black t-shirt for her cupcake business.

Well, black is suppose to be the most slmming thing a person can wear. However, like you I have noticed that maybe she has lost weight. Even when she isn't in the black uniform she does seem trmmer then she did during the first season. Although, like you said that waitress uniform is less then flattering.

#29 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Well, black is suppose to be the most slmming thing a person can wear. However, like you I have noticed that maybe she has lost weight. Even when she isn't in the black uniform she does seem trmmer then she did during the first season. Although, like you said that waitress uniform is less then flattering.

that waitress uniform is horrendous. I wonder who came up with that. It looks like the same colors of the burger king uniforms back in the 70's. Posted Image

#30 amyyoh

amyyoh

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Oh my goodness, is Kat Dennings ever funny. I saw her on an episode of Ellen and strongly suggest that to be youtubed. Her timing and comedic execution on Two Broke Girls is wonderful.

#31 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Ok, so as predicted, when they finally opened the shop, they lost money and closed the shop.  I knew we were in for a rollar coaster here. The reason I like this show though is because it really entertains you, while requiring no thought on your part lol. Which makes it a great escape after having a complicated day of your own. 

#32 BlancaV

BlancaV

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm not totally caught up on the show, but it caught my attention from the first episode. It's hilarious! Each character is so over the top that it works. And is it just me or do the actors look like they're trying not to crack up sometimes while delivering their lines? If the actors can't keep a straight face . . . I'm bound to laugh.

#33 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

I find it hilarious. I liked how the first time they opened up their bakery ended up failing because it's more realistic to life, and it shows persistence when they kept trying. Also, they can't just be 100% successful right away or else there'd be no main plot to the show. I do want to see them end up successful in the next season though, even though they'd be struggling with being new business owners.

#34 MissPotato

MissPotato

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

I started watching this because I was so bored one time. I said, hey what the hell, maybe it's good. I have to admit it wasn't too funny for my taste in the beginning. But from one episode to another I became addicted - thanks to their "racy" and "sexy" (to underrate it all) jokes and lines. Oh, and you gotta love Sophie!

#35 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I agree--not every comedy has to be multi-layered and deep. One thing I do like about Two Broke Girls is that its pretty upfront about things. Oftentimes the storyline is pretty cliche and predictable, but the show has a good enough balance of characters and storyline to keep the show afloat. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted another season or two (which would still be a good run, if you ask me).

yeah I have to agree.... they seem to be running out of storylines. Their only hope at this point is to actually add more characters. Thats what I am hoping for anyway. 

#36 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

I love this Show. At first it was pretty up in the air, but I have to say that this show has steadily grown on me. There are some things I would like to see on this show. First I would love to see Hans family come to visit. I think it would be hilarious to see interaction between him and his family. They could also have Max's long lost dad find her maybe he would be like her or someone completely different. I understand the show is called Two Broke Girl , but can't they catch a break and make some progress. I am not saying to make them rich, they can still struggle a bit. I love the idea of the cupcake window I want to see this develop in to some good for the two girls.

#37 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

I like this show. I think both girls are beautiful. I enjoy some of the perverted jokes. I like the supporting cast, like their Korean boss at the restaurant and Oleg the nasty ,dirty cook. Even their apartment is adorable. I'm just bummed out that they closed their cupcake shop so soon. With the cupcake business closed, what's left for them to strive for?

The last episode I saw showed them cleaning up a storage room next to the restaurant to try another cupcake business, so who knows, they might be back in business again by now.

#38 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

I have missed a few episodes this season but I'm definitely a fan of "Two Broke Girls". I think the cast has a great dynamic, I love how Han, Max, Caroline, Sophie and Earl have formed their own version of a family. E.g. Even though he nags them, you can't deny than Han cares for Max and Caroline like sisters. Even when he "fired" Caroline he ended up taking her back on and when an episode of a crime program was filmed in the diner and the girls were cheated out of their wages, Han made sure they were still paid ha ha. I'm also a huge fan of Earl and look forward to his witty one liners.

As for Max (who was the reason, I first started watching as she has no filter) I find her character and unique sense of humor refreshing. I'd love to see her interact with Mindy from the Mindy Project!

Edited by squareeyes89, 21 September 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#39 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

I have missed a few episodes this season but I'm definitely a fan of "Two Broke Girls". I think the cast has a great dynamic, I love how Han, Max, Caroline, Sophie and Earl have formed their own version of a family. E.g. Even though he nags them, you can't deny than Han cares for Max and Caroline like sisters. Even when he "fired" Caroline he ended up taking her back on and when an episode of a crime program was filmed in the diner and the girls were cheated out of their wages, Han made sure they were still paid ha ha. I'm also a huge fan of Earl and look forward to his witty one liners.

As for Max (who was the reason, I first started watching as she has no filter) I find her character and unique sense of humor refreshing. I'd love to see her interact with Mindy from the Mindy Project!

It's true, the group at the diner is like a little family that looks out for each other. Even Sophie, who's kind of loud and perverted, genuinely seems to care about them.

The show is charming and has a lot of heart.

#40 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

I do like entrepreneurism of the cupcake business. I think they shoud have them do more than that. too. Then maybe go online to write? The last two that I saw were boring. Something needs to happen to these girls where they pull out and become the victor with the creative comedy that they have.