• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

They melted down Ice...God, I hate the Lannisters.

I wish Sansa had more fight in her. I find her to be the most realistic of characters, she's a teenage hostage with absolutely no battle skills (the girl couldn't even verbally spar someone to death), but man...I just want her to fight back.

I get Shae's jealousy but it's weird. Sansa's your friend, just tell her what's up. She has no interest in Tyrion. 

Joff is doing exactly as Cersai told him, he's rewriting history. That statue of him triumphing over the dire wolf made me ill. 

Glad to see Cersai doesn't want to do her brother anymore, even if her anger at him abandoning her is misplaced. 

Arya's quite the little warrior and the Hound is hysterical. 

4.1 Two Swords.

And we are back! The hour flew back.

Arya reunites with Needle. I am loving her and the Hound's journey through Westros. They are not going to Lyssa, they won't make it.

Cersei is the only one that Kings Landing who doesn't hate Joffery but then again, she made him.

I like new Daario more than the old one. 

Me too!!! He's got a much less sleazy presence. 

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

A bit of a boring episode to be honest! The best part about it was seeing Ice being melted down!

Not for me. It was one more important thing the Lannisters have taken from the Starks. Obviously the lives lost is more important but melting Ned's swords, what remain of his kids' legacy, was like adding insult to injury.

Sansa shoulda grabbed that sword before she hightailed it out of that dinner.

I kid, I kid....I'm glad she got out alive (so far anyway).

The re-enactment of the 5 Kings war was horrible.

My Robb. *sob*

I keep hoping he'll show up in a flashback or something. I miss that pretty!

I could do w/o all the Theon stuff, btw. I am sure I'm supposed to feel badly for him, but I just can't. If he hadn't been such a moron and betrayed the Starks. *sigh* I do want to see Bolton and Ramsey put down though. so I guess I'm rooting a bit for Theon to rally.

#3 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

4.1 Two Swords.

And we are back! The hour flew back.

Arya reunites with Needle. I am loving her and the Hound's journey through Westros. They are not going to Lyssa, they won't make it.

Cersei is the only one that Kings Landing who doesn't hate Joffery but then again, she made him.

I like new Daario more than the old one. 

#4 Ava

Ava

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Arya reunited with Needle and got a pony. All is alright in Westros. 

Jon should ditch the Wall and go rescue his siblings.  It is too late for Robb but the others need him.

Sansa's developing a back of steel. At last.

#5 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Is she? She is still too meek imo.

I like new Daario too. 

I can't wait for the Joffery status to be torn down.

I like Arya and the Hound the best. 

Jon Snow should, but he can't just desert the Wall. He will be a wanted fugitive if he up and left.

#6 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

They melted down Ice...God, I hate the Lannisters.

Joff is doing exactly as Cersai told him, he's rewriting history. That statue of him triumphing over the dire wolf made me ill. 

I hate all the Lannisters. Wish they will all go up in a fiery flame. Including Tyrion. Sorry to Tyrion fans. It is nice of him to spare Sansa her wifely duties but he is more of a Lannister than not.

#7 Ava

Ava

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

That statue of him triumphing over the dire wolf made me ill. 

It did me too. I had to laugh when the camera paned to him in the same pose. 

#8 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

Ugh, that was an excellent season premiere.

Arya and the Hound; it has a nice ring to it.

I'll be back once I process it all.

I also have a feeling my Sansa Stark love will be justified this season. Just wait and see.

#9 Ava

Ava

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Ugh, that was an excellent season premiere.

Arya and the Hound; it has a nice ring to it.

I'll be back once I process it all.

I also have a feeling my Sansa Stark love will be justified this season. Just wait and see.

Hee!

Keeping my fingers crossed. She will be stronger. She must.

#10 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

My Tumblr blog went crazy last night with the return of Game Of Thrones! I really need to catch up!

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Shea is fighting with a teenager over a dwarf who has no chance of an inheritance. She doesn't deserve the air she breaths.

Once upon a time, I thought him worthy despite all of those "shortcomings" but I've since changed my mind. 

I am not seeing any fire in Sansa. She was almost catatonic during breakfast. I understand she just found out about the Red Wedding but instead of retreating into her shell, I wish she'll show some rage. I did however felt when she described what she's heard about how Robb and Cat died. Sophie Turner is quite good. 

Who has a fire in their belly is Jon Snow. I love how assertive he is. I hope he doesn't revert to his good boy ways.

Dany's parts is still pointless. It introduces too many characters that I don't care about. She moves from place to place and that means new faces, I just don't have the time to invest in them . I even like the Wilderlings more. With the Thenns, I might like them even more than the King's Landing people. I am sorry, the Lannisters make my skin crawl. Back to Dany, the children sacrifice was a bit much. 

Marg, her grandmother and Sansa are King's Landing for me. They make the Lannister invasion a little tolerable. Brianne has been there for weeks but she's not approached Sansa to fulfill the oath she made to Catelyn. 

Love Arya and the Hound. He's got to stop using foul language around her though. She is still a lady even if she kills like a warrior. What is Loomy?  I'd like to know too Hound. Hound's got plans. He is going to sell her to her rich Aunt Lysa. 

I will forever cherish the satisfied smile on Arya's face as she rode away on her white pony, Needle safely tucked away.

#12 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Sansa cannot show rage when she's surrounded by Lannisters. It is truly in her best interest to trust no one and she knows it. Showing rage will get her no where fast when she's trying to survive day to day. My strong feelings for Sansa is due to the fact that she is quietly building her inner strength and wisdom - at least that's my hope. Sansa is in a unique position because she is living in an environment where she has to have self control and for some reason she has the favor of people like Tyrion and Little Finger who, in a way, have looked out for her and have dropped useful knowledge her way. It's ultimately up to Sansa in how she chooses to use the people and knowledge that surrounds her.

Arya and the Hound. I love the pairing, I really do. Like Sansa, Arya has adapted well to her surroundings and has made the best out nothing. However, the difference between the two sisters is that we get to see the growth in Arya as a little warrior because she is forced into situations where she has to physically protect herself from constant danger. The knowing look on Arya's face right before the Hound flipped the table was awesome. Actually, watching the final scene between Arya and the Hound was poetic. I can't wait to watch it again. I'm not offended by the overuse of swear words in the presence of Arya. I don't even see her as a kid or girl anymore, she's a little warrior.

Jon Snow throwing shade and dropping knowledge while giving no fcks was awesome. He may be a shorty, but his assertiveness was hella attractive. John Snow might know something after all.

I can't stop rooting for the Starks even if I tried.

#13 Ava

Ava

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Love Jon being snarky to the old Crows. What the Thenns leader said was so true. They are  essentially lazy. I hope they heed to Jon's warning before it is too late for them. Underestimating the Wilderlings could be their undoing.

Rooting for the Starks unites the famdom. I've never seen such a uniform appreciation for a core group like the hold the Starks have on the fandom. 

#14 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Agree about Sophie Turner. You can see the simmering anger lurking underneath the surface when she wasI can't stop rooting for the Starks the deaths of her family. I wanted her to mention her baby brothers. Otherwise it was a brilliant scene.

I still have love for Tyrion. He is the only half decent Lannister at the King's Landing. That has got to count for something.

Shea's jealousy is petty and unfounded. She's seen how repulsed Sansa was at the idea of sharing a bed with Tyrion. She knows the girl is no threat to her. She is terrified of her own shadow!

No love for Lady Olenna? She has the perfect mixture of truthtelling and snark to make every appearance golden.

I love Jaime unshaven. That face should be on display at all times. I was a little squeaked out when he seemed to be flirting with Brianne. I should be more squeaked out at him making a pass for his twin. I know, it doesn't make any sense. 

#15 Faemonic

Faemonic

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

I loved all the Stark callbacks this episode. Poor Sansa! But I loved Jon Snow reminiscing about Robb. He wasn't crying about it, or despairing at what he should be doing for his family, but he's doing his duty to the wall without forgetting his wolf pack origins and he can honor Robb's memory that way. And Arya, "My brother gave me that sword!" Not her half-brother, not her foster brother--her brother. D'aww... I want the Stark Wonder Twins to team up already and turn King's Landing into a crater with magic somehow.

I was a little squeaked out when he seemed to be flirting with Brianne. I should be more squeaked out at him making a pass for his twin. I know, it doesn't make any sense. 

When Jaime was accusing Brienne of being related to him, I had the squicky feeling that that is what passes for a flirt from him!

#16 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

When Jaime was accusing Brienne of being related to him, I had the squicky feeling that that is what passes for a flirt from him!

Glad it wasn't just me. I  like them as friends so I hope they don't ruin it. Plus Cercei will cut a bitch.

#17 DomDom

DomDom

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

A bit of a boring episode to be honest! The best part about it was seeing Ice being melted down!

#18 Faemonic

Faemonic

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

Yeah, bleeding from the nose and vomiting yellow bile while the whites of his eyes turn red...probably not symptoms of choking. Someone pulled a Hamlet, except one person died. But who would want to do that?? Actually, that's not a good question.

Who could manage to do that?

Who would it be, oh, who could it beee?

Thank you, Jack Gleeson, for playing a complete monster with such extraordinary aplomb. I look forward to seeing him in other shows and movies in the future, in sweeter roles.

Otherwise, it's been a rather slow season. Sure, they jumped to a maaajor plot point in the second episode pretty quick, and I am so looking forward to how things explode, but for the rest of everything happening, it looks like it's going to be a slow burn.

#19 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

I don't think Jack Gleeson has any plans to continue acting after Game Of Thrones. He's said in a lot of interviews that he wants to continue his education and gain a career outside of this industry. It's a shame, really, as he's extremely talented/.

#20 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

Not for me. It was one more important thing the Lannisters have taken from the Starks. Obviously the lives lost is more important but melting Ned's swords, what remain of his kids' legacy, was like adding insult to injury.