• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Does anyone watch the live with kelly show? What do you think about it?

I thought it was a lot better with Regis as the co-host. Now only some of the episodes are interesting.

#2 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Much ado around this show from it's first airing back when it was Regis and Kathy Lee Gifford especially since the show was more about Kathy's husband and kids in the bragging segments between guests. I tuned out most of the shows but I did manage to tune in when Regis was "interviewing' perspective Kathy Lee replacements and then again when he selected Kelly. I have pretty much given up watching this show, it's lost much of its appeal through the years it's been on, for me anyway.

#3 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Kelly needs Regis. On her own, she is not as funny

Too bad Anderson Cooper has his own shows, he would have made the perfect co-host

#4 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Personally for me, Regis made the show. He brought experience and his humor while maybe not real unique was fresh and he had a method of delivering his humor that worked. Unfortunately with him gone, the show just has not been the same and the interest from viewers has changed. I won't be surprised if this show is cancelled in the near future.

#5 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I think it's interesting how the show started out with Regis and Kathy Lee and now it's just Kelly. She definitely needs a co-host. I'm not so sure it needs to be Regis, but she needs someone to banter with.

#6 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I think it's interesting how the show started out with Regis and Kathy Lee and now it's just Kelly. She definitely needs a co-host. I'm not so sure it needs to be Regis, but she needs someone to banter with.

I hope Regis is enjoying retirement, he worked so hard and long, he deserves it

Jerry O'Connell could work if they want to go with people who have hosted with her before.

#7 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't usually watch, but I did catch an episode with Anderson Cooper the other day - love him! I agree he would make a terrific co-host. Kathy Lee used bug the crap out of me, and Kelly bugs me only a little. I think they need to find a really good co-host - Kelly can't pull it off on her own.

#8 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

I agree that Kathy Lee was just annoying especially because her hubby is well known; almost like rubbing our noses in their perfect family life. Yawn. Kelly isn't all that exciting, at least Regis had a bit of spunk to him like a great cup of joe on a cold morning, it just worked. I hope the show can pull it's best intentions out of it's bum and get it back on track.

#9 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

I have seen it several times with Regis. I was never much of a Regis fan though so I can watch it without him. I love it when her husband is on. He makes the show. It should be called the Mark show.

#10 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I have seen it several times with Regis. I was never much of a Regis fan though so I can watch it without him. I love it when her husband is on. He makes the show. It should be called the Mark show.

Blasphemy! Everyone loves Regis, he is the female version of Betty White lol

Kelly said in an interview that Mark won't be her co-host. Phew!

#11 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Blasphemy! Everyone loves Regis, he is the female version of Betty White lol

Kelly said in an interview that Mark won't be her co-host. Phew!

Well I guess I am against the crowd then. there is just something Regis that I do not care for. I am not really sure what it is. I would much rather have Mark Cohost the show with Kelly than have her do it herself.

#12 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

If done in the right way, Attila The Hun would work great as a co host. He'd have to clean up better of course, maybe shave a bit and we have to get rid of that sword, but, he'd work. Imagine his tales of conquer and intrigue from lands far away.........

#13 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

I understand the sentiments of the fans when Regis Philbin decided to leave the show. I was actually one of them. Somehow it's hard to let go of a popular face on TV. :D I still watch the show though. On the September 4 episode, a permanent co-host was finally introduced - Michael Strahan, which means that the show is now called 'Live! with Kelly and Michael'.

#14 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

What do you guys think of Kelly's new co-host Michael Strahan? I don't dislike him, but I think their chemistry could be better. Maybe as they work together a little more it will get better.

#15 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I watched this show for years and liked it, most of the time. I think Regis and Kelly worked well together but after he left the show it just wasn't the same anymore. I still watch it some but not since they picked the new co-host.

#16 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

I haven't watched the new show yet. I used to watch Regis and Kelly all the time. I also agree that Anderson Cooper would be an awesome co-host for Kelly. I liked her when she played in All My Children too Anyone remember her way back then? .

#17 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

I haven't watched the new show yet. I used to watch Regis and Kelly all the time. I also agree that Anderson Cooper would be an awesome co-host for Kelly. I liked her when she played in All My Children too Anyone remember her way back then? .

Of course we remember her on AMC.

But do you remember her when she was a dancer on Dance Party USA on the USA Network in the late 80s and early 90s?

Unfortunately, I do. You can see her dancing in the background at 20 seconds and again at the 1 minute mark, but if you hold off until 3:35 you can watch her get her groove on. LOL

#18 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm not sure how long Live will last now.

It was one thing when Kathy Giford left and Kelly replaced her. Regis was still there. Therefore, you still have at least one of the main hosts. But with Regis gone now, it will be weird to see as now the old guard is totally gone.

#19 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Regis has been gone for a year now and the show has done fine without him. Plus, Regis could not do the show forever. I remember Kelly wasn't all that popular when she started but she eventually grew into the role and I believe the same will happen with Michael if he sticks around. It was definitely a risk to to cast Michael but I also thought it was a risk to cast Kelly when she first started.

#20 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Kelly is a main co-host and she's still there.

I still find her to be annoying but she worked. Michael is doing just fine