• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

I love the show with MIchael. Regis was always complaining about something or other, like a stereo typical senior citizen. I am really looking forward to the Halloween show. The costumes they do are great. I was so mad when I thought I missed not because of that hurricane.

#22 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Honestly I stopped watching back when it was Regis and Kelly. I even didn't mind watching a few episodes with Kelly and her husband Marc, but after that I don't really follow the show.

#23 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

I don't think this show works with Michael Strahan. They should've kept Regis. Strahan just isn't funny.

#24 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I don't think this show works with Michael Strahan. They should've kept Regis. Strahan just isn't funny.

Why do you think Michael is not working out. Is the ratings bad?

They couldn't keep Regis because he retired

#25 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Are you kidding? I think he puts in perfectly. He is so funny. Its also really funny to see tiny little Kelly next to him. Its like he could swallow her if he wanted to. I really like the new show and the new set.

#26 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

He is like a gaint next to her

I don't get to watch often but, I think they play off each other well.

#27 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Why do you think Michael is not working out. Is the ratings bad?

They couldn't keep Regis because he retired

No I just don't like him personally. He's not funny, more like goofy. Also I just think his personality works for me. But I'm no Kelly fan either. I can't stand her. I know kicking both Regis and Kelly to the curb would never happen so. But I do not like this show nor Michael on it. I don't think anyone could've been added to tamp down Kelly's annoyingness. But Michael just makes it worse. 

#28 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Well, I actually haven't seen too much of the show since Regis left and Michael took his place. But a few months back I had a hip injection and I was watching the show in a holding area at the clinic. I have to say that Kelly and Michael were good together, but the show did have a different vibe. So, I guess I can see why some think the show isn't as good as it was with Regis, but hey the man chose to leave the show to semi retire. What was the show to do, well I guess it could of ended, but with the ratings still being high I guess this wasn't an option. So, finding Kelly a new co-host seem to be the option that was chosen.

#29 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Regis I don't mind leaving. I certainly don't wanna see him croak on the job. But they should've done a better search for a better host. I think Kelly and Michael look more like a Footballer or Hollywood couple than co-hosts. The blonde white woman and the big, black American jock. That's more a reality show couple. Co-hosts should be vastly opposite each other. Regis was old enough to be Kelly's father. Maybe they should've found someone more that mold.

#30 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

According to this article a year-long search was conducted with 59 celebrities auditioning, so I don't know how much more thorough they could have been to find a new co-host. Michael Strahan is an acceptable host for a celebrity show that only requires him to be entertaining and engaging which he does quite well. If they wanted someone to be a father figure to Kelly (who is in her early 40s, btw) than they should have kept Regis. Kelly and Michael have a nice chemistry and LIVE consistently has high ratings to prove it was a good match. Also, diversity on any show is always a plus.

For the week of April 22, 2013, LIVE with Kelly and Michael ranked as the #2 syndicated talk show in Households and Total Viewers, outperforming Ellen in 8 of the last 9 weeks. In fact, LIVE has finished as the week’s #1 or #2 talker in Homes for 14 consecutive weeks. LIVE grew week to week by 8% in Households, by 7% in Total Viewers and by 14% in Women 25-54 to its best performance in nearly 2 months – since the week of 3/4/13. LIVE with Kelly and Michael was up over the same week last year for the 2nd straight week in Households (+8%), Total Viewers (+8%) and Women 25-54 (+23%).

On average for the 2012-13 season to date, LIVE with Kelly and Michael is the #2 syndie talker in Households and Total Viewers, leading Ellen in both Nielsen measures despite LIVE’s early time periods with lower overall TV usage levels. LIVE retains 100% of its year-ago numbers across all key Women demographics (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54), matching its strongest performance through this point in a season in 5 years – since the 2007-08 season.

#31 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Regis I don't mind leaving. I certainly don't wanna see him croak on the job. But they should've done a better search for a better host. I think Kelly and Michael look more like a Footballer or Hollywood couple than co-hosts. The blonde white woman and the big, black American jock. That's more a reality show couple. Co-hosts should be vastly opposite each other. Regis was old enough to be Kelly's father. Maybe they should've found someone more that mold.

They shouldn't be paired for a talk show based on their looks and race?

Okay then  :rolleyes:

#32 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Wasn't saying that at all. I was just saying normally when you see a pairing like this it harkens to the cheerleader/jock stereotype. That's why I think for t..v, they should've chosen a less predictable pairing. 

#33 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

I personally was getting tired of listening to Regis complain all the time. This ailment, that ailment.... this surgery that surgery..... you are a million years old.... we get it..... He was always whining about something. He was even whining about his contract, which led him to be jobless. Not he is on the talk show circuit.... he looks like a beggar  trying to grab a crumb. It looks like Rachel Ray and others just feel sorry for him and let him on their show every now and then.... jeez just retire already..

#34 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

I love the show with MIchael. Regis was always complaining about something or other, like a stereo typical senior citizen. I am really looking forward to the Halloween show. The costumes they do are great. I was so mad when I thought I missed not because of that hurricane.

True, not only was he always complaining, he was always interrupting people too. I was watching a clip with Nigella Lawson on the show trying to do a cooking segment, and he kept goofing around and interrupting her and wouldn't let her make the recipe. It's wasting everyone's time if he's not going to let others do what they came there to do. Regis may have been an institution on the show, but now that he's gone, I can't say I miss him all that much.

#35 cpw

cpw

Cordial

• 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

I got in to Kelly and Michael about a year ago, when my son was born. He has pretty notoriously woken up each morning right at 9am (on the East Coast), so his first meal of the day was in front of Kelly and Michael. I was loving them last Spring. Then, I checked out over the summer while I had other kids at home, and in the last few weeks of re-tuning in, I don't know, I'm just not liking it anymore.

Kelly is really annoying.

I think I'd like it better if Michael made fun of her more. Anyone with me?

#36 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think Kelly is a nice person in general, she just has a very exaggerated personality and is very effusive - which can get tiresome and annoying after a while. She makes a lot of very exaggerated facial expressions and reactions to the littlest of things, almost to the point where she appears to be going crazy or something. I agree too, that they don't have much chemistry at all.

#37 minutes

minutes

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I think the pair work exactly how they are supposed to for a nationally syndicated morning talk show. Michael is well-spoken, charismatic, and is always a good sport. He may not be the funniest...but he is not a professional funny-person. This really isn't a comedy show, so I take the other characteristics over being funny. He has lengthy experience in broadcast television because he is a commentator for NFL on Fox on Sundays. One thing I have noticed is that picks up the slack when the guests are fumbling around and he carries them so they all look better.

Remember, this is a morning show. It's not a legitimate news broadcast, nor is it a comedy special. And this show and Kelly and Michael fit right in the middle. This is not a prime-time audience, and 80% of the show's airtime is dedicated to other celebrities who are peddling whatever movie/book/song/cause they are trying to sell. 

#38 LO0715

LO0715

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

I have just recently started watching "Live with Kelly and Michael" and I find their show quite entertaining. Though it is mainly about publicizing the next upcoming movie or book from other celebrities, they really connect with their audience and portray themselves as normal down to earth people. Not so much of the hungry rating hosts that are commonly seen on television now a days. I enjoy the laughs that they provide with their jokes and watching the way they work together as co-hosts.

It's great to watch a show in the morning that is entertaining and makes the viewers feel as though they are involved in the show, rather than just people that are there to watch what is going on without any real purpose other than to be on television and hope for a chance for the camera to span across the section they are sitting in to get their 5 seconds of fame. Plus the little contests and give aways they hold every day adds to the excitement when watching to see who will be picked as a winner when the famous wheels of prizes is spun! Great way to start off any day!