• Home
  • Help
  • Contact
  •  

Photo

Mad Men Finale Season:When God Closes a Door, He Opens a Dress.

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Caffery

Caffery

Friendly

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

Roger Sterling - Season 1 Episode 11 "Long Weekend"

Spoof spoilers. Will tag anyway.

Spoiler

Too funny.

#2 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

I am going out on a limp and predicting a Peggy/Don hookup.

#3 Caffery

Caffery

Friendly

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

I am going out on a limp and predicting a Peggy/Don hookup.

I don't see it happening.  If Peggy is still having meaningless sex, it won't be with Don Draper. Mad Men won't go there without committing and there is no way I see Peggy and Don Draper ending up together. I just don't.

#4 Erin

Erin

Cordial

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Love the title of the thread. One of the many reasons to love Roger, that sly fox. He looks good naked for his age. 

Don and  Megan feel out of place. It must be the location, it feels like they belong on another show. 

#5 adonis

adonis

Cordial

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

That was, well, uninspiring. It is not that Don felt out of place, the different location or Time Zone as the title says, felt disjointed. If Peggy and co were the main plot, the B plot being CA, didn't quite mesh with it. Interesting that Don is helping Freddy. Love Freddy.

I have no love for the men in her life but Peggy herself was acting like a petulant child. I dislike the way she took out her anger on the boy. However she and Joan are busting their asses at the office as always. I am way more interested in Joan's storyline this year. I hope I didn't jinx it.

#6 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

Don is  not helping Freddy, they are working together on the down low. He didn't mention Don was behind the presentation to Peggy. Peggy should know Don's work by now. He has to have a distinctive style that is recognizable to those he's worked closely with. 

Glad Roger wasn't "accepting" of his daughter's forgiveness. She is a self righteous spoiled brat. The spoiled part is Roger's fault.

Pete up and turned into a hippie when we weren't looking. I LOVED his entrance at the restaurant. He is loving life. I miss Trudy though. 

Megan's comment about tracing a fire to he cigarette went over my head. What was she talking about? 

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

I don't know what she meant. All I know is that it was callous. I hope she gets eaten by coyotes.

Don and his issues are back, zero fucks is how much I care that he is out in the cold. MW used to be more subtle.

Pete was the best part. PETE.

#8 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

I didn't like the premiere at all.

I might watch it again after a few episodes.

#9 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

I didn't like the premiere at all.

I might watch it again after a few episodes.

What didn't you like about it?

It felt like more of the same on the Don front. Roger and the prostitutes was a throwback to season one but that didn't bother me for some reason. I am just so tired of everything in skirt panting after Don Draper.

I didn't like Peggy and I want to like her. 

No Betty. ALWAYS a BAD thing.

I'd enjoy Joan being assertive more if the way she got into her position wasn't such a dark cloud. That was my main complaint with how they handled her moving up last season. She had more than earned her place as a partner, sleeping her way there undermined that IMO.

#10 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Peggy have officially lost it. I don't like the bitter woman she is turning into. It plays into the stereotype of unmarried women becoming shrews when they reach a certain age. 

Don is going to work hard to earn back Sally's respect. He's already lost her trust. 

#11 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

Dawn and Shirley spinoff, stat!

Since Joan was promoted to an account manger, does that mean Dawn was promoted to Joan's old job being that she's too black to work the reception desk?

#12 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

You are a good mother Betty. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

#13 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

Bitchy Betty is back "With that blouse, she likes everyone" Indeed Betty. Indeed! Glad to see Francine back. Betty should take a page out of her book and go back to work. 

She is not a bad mother. Bobby should have asked before giving away her sandwich.

The way they treated Don at work. I would have quit if I were in his shoes. Peggy's been a bitch for no reason lately, but Joan and Don were friends, she should have been nicer to him.

I wanted Dawn to let Don know she doesn't carry his coat and briefcase anymore. She just rolled with it.

#14 adonis

adonis

Cordial

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Betty was at her best last night but I am tired of the "bad mother" mantra. 

Bitchy Betty is back "With that blouse, she likes everyone" Indeed Betty. Indeed! Glad to see Francine back. Betty should take a page out of her book and go back to work. 

She is not a bad mother. Bobby should have asked before giving away her sandwich.

The way they treated Don at work. I would have quit if I were in his shoes. Peggy's been a bitch for no reason lately, but Joan and Don were friends, she should have been nicer to him.

I wanted Dawn to let Don know she doesn't carry his coat and briefcase anymore. She just rolled with it.

That is why I wasn't so angry at the way they treated him on his return. Don wasn't very nice to work with/for. He was condescending to subordinates on his best days.

Yes, he had a close friendship with Peggy but he hadn't been a good co-worker and mentor to her since before she left the old firm. He claimed some of her ideas as his own iic.

Re Joa; He fired the Account that she whored herself out for without second thought. I don't imagine it endeared him to Joan.

#15 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

I am over Don being given the cold shoulder after the way he treated Peggy this way. He has as much respect for her now as he did when she was his secretary. 

Good for Margret to up and joined a cult. Her husband is an asshole. I hated the way he spoke to Mona. Who looked great by the way.

#16 Erin

Erin

Cordial

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

Betty's latest hairdo is unflattering. January Jones can look good in a sack but the styling for Betty this season has been atrocious.

There is too much going on. California, Ossining and NYC. Pick a location and stick with it. They should cut Megan altogether. The niece will give her baby to Megan. I am sure of it.

This sure was a weird episode.

#17 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

It was. Megan had a threesome and I still find her to be a waste of space. What was her problem with Stephanie? She is ready to pop out a baby, it is not like she can have sex with Don.

Betty's unrest is back in full force. I don't like her hair but the yellow dress she wore when Henry brought Sally home was gorgeous on her. Sally needs to be slapped around some. The way she talks to Betty should be unacceptable. 

I missed Joan. Too much time was spent on Megan and her new housemate. 

#18 Erin

Erin

Cordial

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

I agree, I liked the yellow dress. Sally and Betty's ongoing feud is getting nastier the older Sally gets. Noticed Henry saying "Girls' stop' That made me laugh.

When did Megan and Don makeup? She was mad at him the last time she spoke to him.

Ginsberg's breakdown was heartbreaking. Peggy finally showed a softer side. 

#19 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Betty is a terrible mother, but I still love her! The look she gave Henry after he declared his support for Nixon had me at LOL, literally. I just assumed Betty was a straight up conservative, so that surprising look she gave Henry was surprising. Henry telling the girls to stop was condesending and had me rolling my eyes. I know Betty acts like a child, but calling her a girl was just too much. Quite honestly, I didn't have a problem with Betty at that moment with Sally. Sally was being a brat. Like mother, like daughter. Their relationship is doomed.

I haven't been paying attention to the details of this season, but I thought Megan and Don broke up. I don't like how Megan sent Stephanie away before Don could meet with her. I never thought Megan was the jealous and insecure type. I had to give her major side eye by instigating the threesome. It reeked of desperation.

Nice to see Don playing the game again at work. Even though he's generally an asshole, he has always been sat his best at work.

It was sad to see Ginsberg have a mental health breakdown like that. The signs were there from the start.

Edited by iambre, 12 May 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#20 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

Don and Megan's last phone conversation seemed like a breakup but apparently it not.

Megan is shrouded in insecurity. The threesome is a repeat of the birthday performance a few seasons ago. She will form a harem for Don if she deems it necessary.

Ginsberg's breakdown has been telegraphed but it was heartbreaking. He wasn't just fooling around about his mother and aliens way back.

I don't like Lou but Scout's Honor is not such a bad idea for the intended target.