• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Does anyone here watch Spanish telenovelas? (To help learn Spanish). I am against it as they are yelling most of the time and it is very annoying...

So do you watch any telenovelas?

#2 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Anyone remember Acapulco Bay?

I watched it a long time ago, thanks to my babysitter, I was too young to remember much but I do remember Rachel, angelic as fuck

#3 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

Just as a lark I tuned into one just because the homes I helped install energy saving items into were mainly Spanish speaking or elderly (sometimes both) and they'd have one playing, loudly usually while we were over. I watched briefly and while I couldn't understand a word, I thought they were not too far off our English versions. The elements of love, hate, cheating, stealing, jealousy are all there just like in ours. They're interesting, just not for everyday for those of us who don't speak the language.

#4 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

The elements of love, hate, cheating, stealing, jealousy are all there just like in ours.

What I like about these telenovelas are their extreme portrayal of goodness and evil. The protagonist roles always seem to be too kind, martyr and easy to manipulate while antagonist have the extreme characteristics of greed and selfishness and the funny thing is that they always ends up dying in a tragical way.lol :P

#5 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

I haven't thought of watching these because I don't speak Spanish. It would be one way of picking up on some of the language. I did take Spanish in college, but I was never fluent. I think I could figure some of it out now. I may look for one to see how much I can understand.

#6 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

I was able to watch an episode of a Spanish telenovela. It was a long time ago, so I can't remember the details. It starred Thalia, who I believed is a famous actress-singer in Mexico. I don't think they're yelling most of the time. :D It's just that they are very passionate people and filled with emotions, and that nature is reflected in their telenovelas.

#7 cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

I actually have watched a couple of telenovelas and have enjoyed most of them. There are some that can be a bit too much, but others have a great storyline and amazing actors that add to making it easy to enjoy and watch. The last telenovela that I watched was "La Hija del Mariachi" I loved that one so much I have seen it one too many times and wish I get it on DVD.

#8 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

I was wondering has anyone seem Channel 9's silly mock telenovela? It was supremely goofy and I would recommend it, if you need a good laugh. I sometimes think they don't have any sense! Anyway, check it out when you get the chance! :)

#9 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:09 AM

The Telenovela that starred Thalia if I remember correctly was Maria of the Bario.  Yes, I admit it I watched this one.  I also admit that I know very llittle Spanish.  Yet I found myself getting hooked on the Telenovela.  The story wasn't hard to follow even if you didn't understand Spnish that well and the acting was great in it.  I found that I had to tune in every night for it because of the drama going on.  I admit that I wish sometimes that the English soaps would follow some of the forumula of the Spanish Telenovela's becasue I think that the drama and stories are better at times then the ones on the daytime soap operas that we watch here in the United States.  If I knew Spanish better I would watch a whole lot more of these then I would the ones in English they just seem to be better done in my opinion.