60 replies to this topic

#41 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hey thanks.

To be fair, if no one requested it before now, they're probably not watching it anyway. Maybe it'll get some more people to chime in, though.

#42 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Is there one for Body of Proof anywhere? I can't find it either. We're on season 3 now, though, so it's not exactly a dead series. Is no one watching it either?

#43 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Is there a thread for " the Braxtons' reality TV show on WE channel? 

#44 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Have you checked if you can start one?

I've noticed we can start threads in some forums now

#45 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Here are some suggestions that I have for your Bravo forum, of programs to be added in their own category in that forum.

Tabitha Takes Over, its been a Bravo for awhile now. In fact, the show is about to go into it forth season in production.

Vanderpump Rules, yes it only ended its first season and I also don't know if it has been renewed. However, if it is renewed you might want to consider giving it a category of its own. The program seem to take over the other Bravo shows sub forum during its first season.

Edited by pafjlh, 16 March 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#46 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Here are some suggestions that I have for your Bravo forum, of programs to be added in their own category in that forum.

Tabitha Takes Over, its been a Bravo for awhile now. In fact, the show is about to go into it forth season in production.

Vanderpump Rules, yes it only ended its first season and I also don't know if it has been renewed. However, if it is renewed you might want to consider giving it a category of its own. The program seem to take over the other Bravo shows sub forum during its first season.

Oh I love Tabitha Takes over. I'll have to check out the new season. I didn't realize it already started. Thanks.

I'll have to see if I can. Last time I tried I wasn't able too.

#47 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Really?

Which forums allow it, if you know offhand? It's probably not intentional. I think it's supposed to be set so that we can't start them anywhere on purpose.

#48 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Really?

Which forums allow it, if you know offhand? It's probably not intentional. I think it's supposed to be set so that we can't start them anywhere on purpose.

I spend most of my time in the Arrow and Drama forums. I noticed it there 

#49 venkat123456123

venkat123456123

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

can you please add more shows that are belonging to all countries acrosses the world including asian countries :rolleyes:

#50 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have been thinking, how about a classic TV area. Yes, I know there is the prime time lounge, and many different shows are mentioned there. But with there being some networks now that go into classic TV such as the network MeTv and This, maybe a classic forum isn't a bad idea. Also, there are programs that have been placed on DVD now that can be discussed as well.

#51 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

I have been thinking, how about a classic TV area. Yes, I know there is the prime time lounge, and many different shows are mentioned there. But with there being some networks now that go into classic TV such as the network MeTv and This, maybe a classic forum isn't a bad idea. Also, there are programs that have been placed on DVD now that can be discussed as well.

That is a good idea, I believe some of the shows you are talking about belong in the Canceled/Syndicated Forum

#52 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Recommended links to post pictures and gif resize tool for avatars.

http://postimage.org/

http://ezgif.com/resize

#53 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

How about a section on cooking shows? Maybe something featuring shows from Food Network and The Cooking Channel, or even daytime shows such as The Chew. Or perhaps some of the cooking competition shows in their own section.

#54 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

How about a section on cooking shows? Maybe something featuring shows from Food Network and The Cooking Channel, or even daytime shows such as The Chew. Or perhaps some of the cooking competition shows in their own section.

Like This one?

#55 cpw

cpw

Cordial

• 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hey, so, I'm new here, but I'm not new to forum discussion or message boards. This seems like a cool sight, especially for casual conversation, but I have to be honest, it is really hard to jump into discussions that are seven pages long! It seems like there aren't many new discussions opening. It seems really organized to have threads in each genre by show title, except that I'm not about to sit down and read through 200 posts to see where the conversation is at.

Anyway, just thought you might want to rethink the nice organization and see what happens if you let sub-forums be a little more organic, you know? As it is, this has the feel of some of my "blackboard" assignments from college! Because everyone was required to post, most of us ignored other answers just to get our own down. A great theory, but a little unrealistic. That's it. 

Otherwise, great stuff going on in the rest of the website.

#56 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hey, so, I'm new here, but I'm not new to forum discussion or message boards. This seems like a cool sight, especially for casual conversation, but I have to be honest, it is really hard to jump into discussions that are seven pages long! It seems like there aren't many new discussions opening. It seems really organized to have threads in each genre by show title, except that I'm not about to sit down and read through 200 posts to see where the conversation is at.

Anyway, just thought you might want to rethink the nice organization and see what happens if you let sub-forums be a little more organic, you know? As it is, this has the feel of some of my "blackboard" assignments from college! Because everyone was required to post, most of us ignored other answers just to get our own down. A great theory, but a little unrealistic. That's it. 

Otherwise, great stuff going on in the rest of the website.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind.

There are many reasons why we have it set up this way. First and foremost is for easy navigation. Once you get a lay of the land, it is pretty easy to keep track of your conversations and topics/forums of interest. The topic is so broad that to have multiple threads for just one show would make it impossible to keep track off as far as moderation go. On the same track, I can't allow all shows their own threads because, just think of how many TV shows there are out there.

There is also the little problem of people spammers who join websites and leave behind links in threads and their profiles.

I didn't come up with this setup from the get go, we are open to changing things up as needed so all suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, just thought you might want to rethink the nice organization and see what happens if you let sub-forums be a little more organic, you know? As it is, this has the feel of some of my "blackboard" assignments from college! Because everyone was required to post, most of us ignored other answers just to get our own down. A great theory, but a little unrealistic. That's it

You would be surprised how many people don't even bother to read the post above before posting. If only.

I'll suggest doing a quick scan or reading the last thread and jumping right in. The read a thread that has 300+ posts before replying would be unrealistic unless you find the the subject very interesting :)

#57 cpw

cpw

Cordial

• 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

^^ Very cool. Thanks for the quick feedback. I've obviously never moderated anything like this, and I wouldn't have even considered some of those points. (I should know about spammers though. I'm a blogger. Highly obnoxious to say the least.)

I'm trying to keep things casual for now, lurking here and there until something grabs my attention. Don't want to be the annoying new girl. Hah. On the flip side, I'm making a pretty good mental list of new TV shows I need to check out. So that's a bonus. Final point: I notice you don't have MasterChef listed in Reality TV. I have no idea where else to look. This season is about over but a new MasterChef Juniors is starting at the end of the month. Clearly, I'm a little excited.

#58 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

^^ Very cool. Thanks for the quick feedback. I've obviously never moderated anything like this, and I wouldn't have even considered some of those points. (I should know about spammers though. I'm a blogger. Highly obnoxious to say the least.)

I'm trying to keep things casual for now, lurking here and there until something grabs my attention. Don't want to be the annoying new girl. Hah. On the flip side, I'm making a pretty good mental list of new TV shows I need to check out. So that's a bonus. Final point: I notice you don't have MasterChef listed in Reality TV. I have no idea where else to look. This season is about over but a new MasterChef Juniors is starting at the end of the month. Clearly, I'm a little excited.

If there is anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to post in here or PM a staff member. Though posting here will get you the quickest response

Master Chef will be in this topic 

The Threads Directory has a list of all the shows we have threads for.

#59 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I was wondering if it might be a good idea to have a general "foreign" section for discussions of things like Wallander and Engrenages. I also watch some Spanish shows, and know folks who are really into Korean dramas. I don't think each needs its own specific area, but a general place to discuss them might be nice.

#60 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

There is a telenovela thread around here somewhere.