• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

How many live feed watchers does Big Brother draw?

Utopia is capping 1 million according to Entertainment Weekly.

#22 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Utopia shading BB.

shade.jpg

#23 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

Not having plumbing is not a boasting right, FOX.

#24 BBJunkie

BBJunkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

I'll DVR the premier.

Jeff and Jordan cheesy engagement > Utopia.

#25 Skyspirit

Skyspirit

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

My husband, much to my surprise wanted to watch Utopia and record Big Brother - Huge Big Brother fan but I do have to agree that this Season is not the best, that's for sure.  

When it comes to Utopia, I too cringed when I heard the woman was pregnant and in a setting without proper food, drink or other nourishment for herself and the baby. This can not be good.  Hopefully, she and the baby will be okay.  Although, as I understand one player leaves each month and another comes in - While the first is no doubt going to be the construction dude Josh or the Hillbilly who already wants to go home, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't end up being Amanda.   Only time will tell - I'm sure all contestants signed a release/waiver to be on such a show.  

I'm not sure whehter it's a show I'll watch every Sunday night but it does look like a good one to keep track of from time to time; A year, I'm not sure there are many shows I can watch for a year straight but we'll see '-   

Edited by Skyspirit, 08 September 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#26 Reality Junkie

Reality Junkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

The baby will be fine. She might not even deliver on Utopia. One person is expelled every month and a new one admitted, she could end up leaving before her delivery date.

It was a crazy premier. There  was too much to take it. I'll give it a few episodes. 

#27 Skyspirit

Skyspirit

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

Twicie a week for a year;  I am curious if this show will continue or get canceled after a few more espisdes. My husand is a bigger fan than myself though I do watch with him. I too, like Big Brother and the fact that there is a finale and a off season within a few months rather than a year. I often think seasons on Big Brother play out too long when the show starts to become predictable (most other seasons - this one has been predictable from the start)  Still, to each their own. With that being said, if I had the money for UtopiYoga I'd go to Utopia for a first hand account of the experience. Although if I were to do so, I'd prefer to be a cast member than a simple visitor to say the least. And the rates, OMG, I've never heard of such an expensive Yoga class or workshop. In fact, since Yoga is somewhat tied to different religions I often find it and meditation offered for free in various locations ....     Onward to the next roud of love-ins, and fights, brawls and bros, sisters and ho's - Cheers!!!

Edited by Skyspirit, 23 September 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#28 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

So I've been trying to watch this and so much of it just makes me roll my eyes. So so so much drama in the first episode alone.

In regards to the previous question about the staff not getting paid.... the contestants themselves aren't getting paid anyway, as far as I know. And the camera crew, etc, are likely only paid per episode instead of being under a full year contract. 

#29 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

Canceled!

#30 Reality Junkie

Reality Junkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

Canceled!

It was just .... too much.

There were too many people to keep track of. The season went on too long.

#31 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

Agreed about the long season and too many people to keep track of. I may have my complaints about Big Brother but the formulaic approach they use to put on a show 3 nights a week works.

FOX should have committed to doing a recap show 5 nights a week instead of relying on 1 or 2 episodes a week. Even a daily late night recap show would have helped sustain the show.

I just went over to Survivor Sucks to read their responses and they are disappointed by the cancellation. They feel like FOX mismanaged the show from the start even though the feeds were gold.

#32 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:44 PM

Part of the plan was also for Fox to charge $5 a month for round-the-clock access to multiple live streaming feeds from the “Utopia” compound.

Uh, really? :S

And I'm not surprised it was canceled really. It sucks that they probably dropped so much money into it and it's a waste, but really, the show rather sucked. It couldn't have lasted the entire year that they projected...

#33 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Frankly, I'm rather tired of shows like this. They say it's reality, when it's actuality, it's all scripted. It was just Survivor with just a few different rules, nothing more. Fox tries to create drama and try to pass it off as "believable" when in truth, they're just in it for the money. Nothing more; nothing less. 

Edited by TvPerson, 11 December 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#34 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:17 AM

I wonder how much money they lost in this show. It must have cost a fortune to produce. For all the big, ambitious plans, the show itself wasn't that enjoyable.