47 replies to this topic

#1 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

I am not sad to see this show end.

I finally get my Real!Todd and Blair ending and it is better than I thought it'd be. Thank god PP did not happen. That is all.

Watching Jessica mourn the guy who raped her today was sickening. It was a nice reminder of how the character have been destroyed systematically over the years. Meanwhile fucking Natalie get her happy family complete with a white picket fence

So yeah, this bitter Jessica fan is not sad to see this show go

#2 bajangirl01

bajangirl01

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

Sorry Wendy, I wanted Jessica to either end up with Brody or bring Christian back, not Anphonio,but definitely, not Bobbi Ford the rapist.Glad he is dead.They never should have gotten rid of NASH, imo.I dont mind Natalie and John, although I didnt mind her and Brody.I thought John and Tea actually looked ok,but I am glad Jess IS a Buchanan after all, couldnt stand how Natalie came and got the honor over Jess, and THEN add Rex with it.
The one thing that really tick me off is the treatment of DESTINY on this damn show,and it better end tomorrow with her giving birth to a brand new Buchanan and Matthew better get his behind there for the birth.

#3 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Just curious as to how that panned out. I haven't seen OLTL in eons but I do read the highlights every now and then. I remember the Buchanans though, well the original Buchanan clan anyway. I really need to get my butt into the soap and catch up. When I do tune into any of the old soaps I used to watch I hear that little voice: Later that same day............lol

#4 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Don't bother catching up, it is over

But Blair, Todd, Starr and John are on GH now much to GH fans ire lol

#5 deedee5

deedee5

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Tiic made so many mistakes with OLTL. Frons's meddling killed that show. Characters like Natalie and Rex should have been side characters that were used for comic relief only. But Frons wanted them front and center in heavily dramatic storylines and both actors lacked the training to handle the material and the end result was a hot mess.

Blair should have been the show's leading lady and the Cramer women should have been the centerpiece of the show. Blair, Cassie, Dorian, and Kelly were exciting, vibrant and interesting characters that were either backburned or propping useless characters like David Vickers, Gigi, Rex or Nat.

#6 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Tiic made so many mistakes with OLTL. Frons's meddling killed that show. Characters like Natalie and Rex should have been side characters that were used for comic relief only. But Frons wanted them front and center in heavily dramatic storylines and both actors lacked the training to handle the material and the end result was a hot mess.

Blair should have been the show's leading lady and the Cramer women should have been the centerpiece of the show. Blair, Cassie, Dorian, Starr, and Kelly were exciting, vibrant and interesting characters that were either backburned or propping useless characters like David Vickers, Gigi, Rex or Nat.

Frons run the shows to the ground like it was his job. There are some who think it was expected of him by his superiors. I find it hard to believe that they will intentionally make it a mission to ruin iconic shows and leave so many of their long time employees without jobs. I don't understand entrepreneurs

For the love of Guza, I never understood why Blair wasn't a matriarch in her own right. If any OLTL actor have earned GH contract it is KDP but she is not of the chosen few. She toed the line for years, played her part of the good company girl whereas Roger cut his ties with the network twice. Never uttered a bad word about the higher ups, not even during the worst Blair character assassination period : Spencer/Todd execution.

I never liked Rex after he slept with Lindsay. I hated the Rapaports but I had somewhat of a soft spot for Jen, I hated Rex and Lindsay's affair

#7 deedee5

deedee5

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Blair should have been the show's leading lady and the Cramer women should have been the centerpiece of the show. Blair, Cassie, Dorian, Starr, and Kelly were exciting, vibrant and interesting characters that were either backburned or propping useless characters like David Vickers, Gigi, Rex or Nat.

Frons run the shows to the ground like it was his job. There are some who think it was expected of him by his superiors. I find it hard to believe that they will intentionally make it a mission to ruin iconic shows and leave so many of their long time employees without jobs. I don't understand entrepreneurs

For the love of Guza, I never understood why Blair wasn't a matriarch in her own right. If any OLTL actor have earned GH contract it is KDP but she is not of the chosen few. She toed the line for years, played her part of the good company girl whereas Roger cut his ties with the network twice. Never uttered a bad word about the higher ups, not even during the worst Blair character assassination period : Spencer/Todd execution.

I never liked Rex after he slept with Lindsay. I hated the Rapaports but I had somewhat of a soft spot for Jen, I hated Rex and Lindsay's affair

OLTL would have had higher ratings if tiic had focused on the right characters. Blair/Dorian/Viki/Bo and Clint should have been the heart of OLTL. Blair especially was an exciting, funny, tough and sweet character that should have become the show's matriarch. Blair had so much potential that was never fully realized because Frons wanted either the teens, Starr/Cole/James/Dani or side characters like Rex/Nat/Gigi to be the focus of every storyline.

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

I can't remember a time when Starr was backburned, was she?

I never thought I could hate Starr but that is exactly what happened when she lost her virginity. Starr having sex was hard to take, I watched her since she was a toddler, but it wasn't it. Todd turned into a monster, it was almost as if he and Starr where enemies. It broke my heart as I loved Todd and Starr's father /daughter relationship. But it was fixed in the most awesome way ever so I forgive them for the hatch job they did to the Starr/Not!Todd relationship

#9 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

I can't remember a time when Starr was backburned, was she?

I never thought I could hate Starr but that is exactly what happened when she lost her virginity. Starr having sex was hard to take, I watched her since she was a toddler, but it wasn't it. Todd turned into a monster, it was almost as if he and Starr where enemies. It broke my heart as I loved Todd and Starr's father /daughter relationship. But it was fixed in the most awesome way ever so I forgive them for the hatch job they did to the Starr/Not!Todd relationship

Starr's transition into adulthood was a complete nightmare.

KA looked like she was 11 when Starr had sex for the first and instantly became pregnant. Blair's reaction was too mild for a mother. There was no sadness that her little girl was no longer a little girl. She was oh so understanding, like a friend would be. Todd's reaction was OTT but I though it was in character for him to completely loose it.

#10 deedee5

deedee5

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

There was too much Starr on OL. She was front and center from fall 2006 until the shows finale in Jan of this year. She was the focus of one bad storyline after another. Everyone was sick of her and her teen buddies hogging up all of the airtime.

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

There was too much Starr on OL. She was front and center from fall 2006 until the shows finale in Jan of this year. She was the focus of one bad storyline after another. Everyone was sick of her and her teen buddies hogging up all of the airtime.

It didn't help that KS is a weak actress. She is not always bad like some other actress but she far from fron burner material

#12 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

I agree.

Did anyone like Langston and Marco or is it just me? He shouldn't have taken her back, I wouldn't have. Still, I was happy they got their happy ending

#13 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

I loved Marco and Langston. Before he become a rapist, I thought Ford was hot so I kinda understood why Langston couldn't resist him. It doesn't make her cheating ok, she should have been straight with Marco. He was so good to her.

Unpopular Opinion - I'd have liked Hanna on GH as opposed to Starr. The actress who played her was very good

#14 deedee5

deedee5

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

I loved Marco and Langston. Before he become a rapist, I thought Ford was hot so I kinda understood why Langston couldn't resist him. It doesn't make her cheating ok, she should have been straight with Marco. He was so good to her.

Unpopular Opinion - I'd have liked Hanna on GH as opposed to Starr. The actress who played her was very good

I loved the Hanna character. She would have been a great bad girl on GH. But KA is a Ron/Frank pet, so therefore we are stuck with Starr and her drama on GH.

I hope that Frank/Ron don't make the same mistakes on GH as they did on OL. One of the major mistakes that they made on OL was putting Starr front and center for years in one bad storyline after another. GH fans are already complaining about too much Starr on GH.

#15 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

It is not as bad as it was on OLTL but Starr is already hogging airtime on GH. For a virtual newbie, she is on way too much

Next week her step-momma is invading us. I'll never forgive Starr for bringing Delgado to GH

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

I loved the Hanna character. She would have been a great bad girl on GH. But KA is a Ron/Frank pet, so therefore we are stuck with Starr and her drama on GH.

I hope that Frank/Ron don't make the same mistakes on GH as they did on OL. One of the major mistakes that they made on OL was putting Starr front and center for years in one bad storyline after another. GH fans are already complaining about too much Starr on GH.

I loved the Hanna actress too. She was gorgeous! and could act. Langston stood a better chance of crossing over than her. Unfortunately, neither stood a chance against Starr/KA

#17 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

The only nom they got was for Erika Slezak, Eddie Alderson and Directing. Not surprised the writing team were ignored but I thought more actors will be nominated. Roger for an example

#18 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I loved OLTL mainly because it gave me more of a sense of diversity than other daytime dramas on air. You had the Vegas, the Williamsons, the Gannons.....three families actively involved in central plots, successful and all from diverse backgrounds. Later we had the union of Matthew and Danielle. I admit, it may just be me that appreciates interracial coupling because I in fact, are a part of an interracial relationship, but I love stories that involve this element. I didn't too much care of Starr myself, but I ADORE Todd and Blair...and by Todd, I mean Roger Howarth. I haven't checked out General Hospital to watch the Mannings in action, but I'm not a big GE fan.

#19 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Stay far away from GH if you are a die hard T&Ber

Blair annoyed the shit out of me the few times she was on GH. So much so that I am ready to ship Todd and CARLY! I can't wrap my head around her Thomas love. He is the female version of Tea

#20 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

I loved OLTL mainly because it gave me more of a sense of diversity than other daytime dramas on air. You had the Vegas, the Williamsons, the Gannons.....three families actively involved in central plots, successful and all from diverse backgrounds. Later we had the union of Matthew and Danielle. I admit, it may just be me that appreciates interracial coupling because I in fact, are a part of an interracial relationship, but I love stories that involve this element. I didn't too much care of Starr myself, but I ADORE Todd and Blair...and by Todd, I mean Roger Howarth. I haven't checked out General Hospital to watch the Mannings in action, but I'm not a big GE fan.

Hi there!

Roger was especially hilarious on Friday's GH. If you are a fun you may enjoy him on GH. I feel overwhelmed by the OLTL invasion but somehow, John McBain and Roger!Todd don't bother me in the least. John is good for Sam, Todd is good for Starr. If she is going to remain on GH I hope most of her scenes are with her father. Their dynamic's not changed since she could talk.

It is a shame RJ wasn't one of the returning veterans in the last few weeks. An update on Jamie would have been nice.