Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

I am so beyond excited.

#42 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

So happy to see activity in this thread!

Is Natalie with that grifter guy? Ew!

#43 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

I wanted to ask if anyone watching OLTL since the return to production, but the lack of comments here suggests the answer is no. I miss the show and I wish it wasn't showing online, though I saw something recently that made it seem like it was going to air on Oprah's network.

#44 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yes, it started airing on the OWN Network on July tenth. But just my luck I don't have the OWN Network. So, I am still not able to see this new version of OLTL. I have read some comments online on some of the stories going on, but it just makes me miss the show all the more.

#45 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Well, it would seem that Prospect Park has shelved the show.  The reason, it has to do with the lawsuit for General Hospital over them using the One Life To Live characters.  Don't know what that has to do with the show continuing to air but this is the reason that was cited. 

Also, apparently All My Children was doing better ratings wise both online and on the OWN Network.  So, this could also have played a part in the decision.  In any case, All My Children has been picked up for a second season.  As for One Life to Live its future is up in the air.

#46 MercyL

MercyL

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well, it would seem that Prospect Park has shelved the show.  The reason, it has to do with the lawsuit for General Hospital over them using the One Life To Live characters.  Don't know what that has to do with the show continuing to air but this is the reason that was cited. 

Also, apparently All My Children was doing better ratings wise both online and on the OWN Network.  So, this could also have played a part in the decision.  In any case, All My Children has been picked up for a second season.  As for One Life to Live its future is up in the air.

That is really too bad.

All My Children was basically the Erica Kane/Susan Lucci show for so long that I thoughtit would get the ax well before One Life to Live, OLTL has some real story line problems, and has for a couple of decades as far as I'm concerned.

General Hospital has been in the dregs for a bit too. I used to watch all of these shows over a decade ago and the story lines in General Hosptial have changed, a bit. The first, black and white years relied heavily on medical emergencies and unplanned pregnancies where now we see spies/organized crime and a lot more male character involvement.

What these shows should do is run story line contests, allowing viewrs to send in their ideas and giving a prize for the chosen story line or story lines.

That would increase viewership and probably improve their scripts!

#47 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

That's a good idea that you have there.  I think any soap would benefit from getting input from viewers on what story they should do or what direction to take a story.  Since One Life to Live and AMC were online they certainly could of got away with doing this because they didn't have to worry about networks or presidents of daytime programming (yes Brian Frons I'm talking to you) of interfering in what they wanted to do with the story in general.  Too bad neither program thought to do this.  

As for One Life to Live, I think many thought it would have a better chance then AMC online because it managed to sign so many of its veterans back for the online version.  But from what I have heard in comments from those who have seen the online version the veterans weren't used properly and stories did drag or went nowhere.  So, if it didn't work out they really have no one to blame but themselves because all of the perimeters were in place for it to make it online.  

#48 LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

I really miss this show coming on. I grew up watching this as a child and I really hate that it ended. I think my favorite episode was prom night. I loved the scene between Star and her baby father. It would be nice if they come out with some type of reunion of One Life To Live.