Hunger Games

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 tashakay

tashakay

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I haven't read the books either, but I thought the movie was o.k. Im with the other people I didn't get the whole sponser thing. You think they would have at least showed other players getting stuff. Most of the movie was boring and it didn't show the way most of the players lost.

#42 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I haven't read the books yet, so I had no idea what was in store when I saw the movie except those that I've seen from trailers and TV spots. I was impressed with the movie overall, its actors were fine, and I followed the storyline quite easily. I wanted to find out more about the characters and plot so I skimmed wikipedia for some of the more important points in the story. I definitely need to read these books now.

#43 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

I've seen some photos circulating on the internet from the filming of Catching Fire, and I'm actually looking forward to the next installment coming out this November 22, 2013. I'm sure it'll be an even bigger box office draw now that Jennifer Lawrence has an Oscar under her belt.

Anyway, here's an ABC News article that shares Capitol Couture portraits of the characters from the film:

Portraits of 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire'

Enjoy!

#44 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thank you.  I love it

ht_catching_fire_portraits_katniss_jef_1

How elaborate is this custom! 

#45 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

I first heard about the Hunger Games when I was doing some research on the Illuminati. Apparently there are a lot of paralells between what the NWO are planning, and what takes place in the Hunger Games. I still haven't watched the Hunger Games, although I hear that it is epic.

#46 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Thank you.  I love it

You're very welcome! :) Imagine if Jennifer Lawrence actually wore that dress to the Oscars, she'll not only dazzle, she'll defintely be the talk of the town. haha

I first heard about the Hunger Games when I was doing some research on the Illuminati. Apparently there are a lot of paralells between what the NWO are planning, and what takes place in the Hunger Games. I still haven't watched the Hunger Games, although I hear that it is epic.

When I watched the first movie, I was surprised to find that it was more than I expected, and that I liked it very much. I highly recommend it.

It is interesting to know that bit of detail about the NWO. The author must have done her research very well to create such a universe.

#47 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

Thank you.  I love it

You're very welcome! :) Imagine if Jennifer Lawrence actually wore that dress to the Oscars, she'll not only dazzle, she'll defintely be the talk of the town. haha

If she did, she would fall on her face.

Oh wait

#48 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

If she did, she would fall on her face.

Oh wait

LoL :lol:  I would be very cautious with my steps if I wore any dress like that or even the one she wore at the Oscars. Still she'll be the talk of the town.

#49 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yeah poor Jennifer Lawrence this will no doubt be an Oscar moment that will long be remembered. But then again maybe this isn't such a bad thing, she got a whole lot of support for the mishap. As for the dress she did choose to wear to the Oscars, it was lovely. But my sister took one look at her on the red carpet and told me, how does she walk in that thing, with how wide the skirt is she liable to fall. Sure enough later that night that is exactly what she did when she went to go pick up her best actress award. Oh well, its a moment that will no doubt go down in history.

#50 tierapatt50

tierapatt50

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think this just if anything the most interesting topic. The topic of kids fighting to the death is so unheard of and taboo so to create a book and movie series that glorifies child death is amazing (the movie not child death). This movie just makes you wonder about the future and where it's going. Will the world one day have a similar economy it makes you wonder.

#51 Torisaur

Torisaur

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think it's because this idea is less often pronounced in our Western culture. In Japan for instance, things which include children brutally murdering one another are often much more common. If you were to Google things such as Battle Royal, soonafter there would be a lot of information for you to ponder upon. :D

#52 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Interesting Torisaur. I have to google Battle Royal 

#53 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Catching Fire is definitely one of my most anticipated movies to come out this year and Jennifer Lawrence is basically on top of the world right now. She has both the blockbuster and critical success and she is still only at the beginning of her career. I actually saw the first movie before I read the book but later when I purchased the DVD it came with a free copy of the book. Now before Catching Fire comes out I'm going to make sure to read the book first.

#54 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

Last year, I brought my younger sister to see the first part of this movie and it was quite good. You have an original, yet bizarre idea surrounding innocent kids that made for an interesting film and the brutality was surprising too. We found it very captivating to see how the characters would get through their situation in a realm set up by a bunch of immoral and corrupt adults. Now we await November to go back and see this new movie. After witnessing the trailer, I'm convinced this film could potentially be better than the first.

#55 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Well, I finished reading Catching Fire not too long ago and the book was pretty good, even better than the first and now I'm even more excited to see the movie when it comes out in November. I really think the sequel will break records like the first one did when it was released last year.

#56 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thank you.  I love it

That dress is gorgeous.  I love the ornamental part that looks like angel wings. Her makeup is beautiful too.

#57 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

I think it's because this idea is less often pronounced in our Western culture. In Japan for instance, things which include children brutally murdering one another are often much more common. If you were to Google things such as Battle Royal, soonafter there would be a lot of information for you to ponder upon. :D

Yeah, Battle Royale is definitely one. But there are Western examples as well, Stephen King's The Long Walk and Golding's Lord of the Flies are often mentioned when talking about the Hunger Games.

#58 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

The movie will be released next month on 22 November in the US. The first Hunger game movie was very good, and I really enjoyed watching it, now I hope that Catching Fire will be at least as good as the first one or even better.

the-hunger-games-catching-fire-internati

#59 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

The movie will be released next month on 22 November in the US. The first Hunger game movie was very good, and I really enjoyed watching it, now I hope that Catching Fire will be at least as good as the first one or even better.

the-hunger-games-catching-fire-internati

I can't wait to see it! After watching the previews it seems as if this one will really put the icing on the cake. I've also noticed that she has a boyfriend back home, but her partner is trying to rekindle some old feelings. This movie really makes me excited, because it is not your typical fighting movie. I could just imagine having to go against other people who are talented to fight for my life. I would definitely be scared and want to just go back home. 

#60 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Read the first book and while I liked the character of Katniss quite a bit (very few strong female protagonists out there), the book itself seemed like an obvious rip off of Battle Royale to me. BR itself was highly inspired by Golding' Lord of the Flies, so we are going down to a rip off of a work greatly inspired by a classic, which just leaves very little in the way of originality. Its a shame really, I probably would have found it decent if I hadn't seen Battle Royale or read Lord of the Flies.

Haven't seen the movie yet. Doesn't seem like I'll enjoy it.