Hunger Games

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Jamie Leigh Martin

Jamie Leigh Martin

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

I haven't read the books yet, but I own Mocking Jay. I have seen and enjoyed both of the movies that have come out this far. I cried during the second one.

#82 Livvvy

Livvvy

Cordial

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

I haven't read the books yet, but I own Mocking Jay. I have seen and enjoyed both of the movies that have come out this far. I cried during the second one.

Which part, if you don't mind my asking?

#83 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 is theatrically being release today. I'm gearing up and getting ready to go see it as I type this. I am so excited because this installment looks so action packed and well performed and positive feedback has already come back in regards to it. Is anyone else going to see it tonight or some time soon?

Edited by Phoenix360, 21 November 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#84 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

Does anyone think that the nude pictures leak will affect the series? I thought the second film was a little slow and didn't really go over too well other than those who read the series. Rue's death just didn't slay me like it did in the books.

#85 legendia

legendia

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

I don't think the nude pictures leak would affect the series at all.  Stuff like that gets old to people really fast.  One day is the biggest news anyone has ever heard, and a few months later, people have moved on to the next 'hot' (re:stupidly pointless) news item.  What would and should affect the series more was the unfortunate passing of Philip Seymour Hoffman.  I haven't really looked it up or anything, but I was wondering if they had already finished filming Part 2 before he passed away.  Either way, it was really sad to hear he had passed so suddenly.  It's crazy that he went pretty  much unnoticed for a while as an actor. His role in Along Came Polly was not that impressive at all, but that's where I had first heard about him.  Since then, he had a few great roles which he pulled off magnificently.

So weird to see him on screen, though, but I'm glad his talent was discovered before he passed away.

On a lighter note, I did see the movie this past Friday.  I have not read the books at all.  I really am enjoying these movies as the story progresses.  I'm totally into the whole dystopian society storylines.  I was disappointed that they barely touched on it in the first one.  The second one expanded on it a bit, and I feel like now they are actually talking about the society and not the games, which really excites me.  I really can't wait for the final chapter of this series.  After I saw the first one, I did enjoy it, but not enough to catch the second one in theaters.  I actually didn't watch the second one until a week ago, and that's only because I knew the third was coming out.  Glad I gave this series another chance.  I honestly just thought each movie would be about another set of hunger games.  Had no idea there would be a revolution to free the people.  That's definitely something way more exciting to me.

#86 hanseung

hanseung

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

So, I just saw Mockingjay at the cinema the other week. I also watched the first and second movies at the cinema, and I liked them. I thought Mockingjay was extremely boring... nothing really happened. I believe that if Part 1 and Part 2 were made into one movie and unnecessary, boring parts were cut out, it would make it much more interesting. I understand that Mockingjay Part 1 is a movie to connect Catching Fire to Mockingjay Part 2 or something like that, but... meh.

#87 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

This is an amazing series of movies.  I read all the books and think they did an amazing job with the story.  I love the characters, Katniss and Peta, and it is fun to watch two completely different people having to find a middle ground to survive.  I can't wait to see Mocking Jay Part II.

#88 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

I haven't read the books. But I did enjoy the two movies. I didn't watch them in the cinemas when they were shown in my country. I'm usually averse in watching ultra popular movies. I don't know, but there's something about "everybody's talking about it" that puts me off. But I recently found myself with nothing much to do and found a copy of the two Hunger Game movies in my hard drive. 

Though I couldn't care much for the actors, I truly enjoyed the concept behind the hunger games. I'd say very barbaric. Gosh, to have that kind of society.... 

#89 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

I just can't wait for the second part of Mockingjay!  I haven't watched the first part yet tho, but I'll do it next week :D  I have watched the other films tho, I actually went to the moves to watch ''catching fire'' with my mom when it was just released; she is 60 and totally loves the series! I need to watch mockingjay 1 before mockingjay 2 makes it to the movies!  Wish I could have watched Mockingjay 1 at the cinema, but I wasn't in the mood to (my aunt died around that time).

Edited by Sefarad, 12 February 2015 - 08:40 PM.