Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Rachel Maddow.

The Colbert Report.

John Stewart.

Yes, Fox and Friends etc.

This is a trail. We won't police the discuss as we adults, however, I will close the thread if the discussion turn into a flaming.

Remember to respect all opinions, even ones that differ from yours. Agree to disagree before it descends into nastiness.

#2 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

I enjoy watching political shows and tend to mix serious news programs with the Colbert report and Jon Stewart because I like to mix the perspectives. I have a Sunday morning tradition of just watching hours of news programs, Sunday is my favorite day to catch up and just binge on international news, but I try to catch up on the news a little bit every day so I can at least carry on an intelligent conversation. I have a new favorite show "Last Week Tonight" ith John Oliver on HBO. It is absolutely hysterical and I highly recommend it.

#3 Livvvy

Livvvy

Cordial

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thanks Arya! Let's try and keep things light and fun, rather than actually attacking each other, eh? :)

I have a new favorite show "Last Week Tonight" ith John Oliver on HBO. It is absolutely hysterical and I highly recommend it.

John Oliver is hysterical! Did you see that he's in trouble with Thailand for making fun of the Royal Prince?

#4 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

I have to wonder how John Oliver isn't in trouble with everyone? I mean the pieces he did on the World Cup, when he had "Right Said Fred" on they were all priceless and hysterical but I could see the subjects of his jokes being less than thrilled. I like Oliver because in addition to being funny you can tell he's smart, I think that mix when it comes to politics is very engaging.

#5 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I love the episodes of Colbert Report where he gets a bit musical. I enjoyed the episode where he did a cover of Get Lucky by Daft Punk because they cancelled appearing on the show.

I also like that he interviewed K Pop star Rain and did a parody song called Singing in Korean. Stephen Colbert is a pretty hip guy for being a middle aged host of a political show.

Edited by TVismyfriend, 28 August 2014 - 12:04 PM.