• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

My favorite book is Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. The funny part is that I only read it because way back in the early 90s, Anna Devane said it was her favorite on GH. lol

I read just about everything. Right now my YA favorites are Hunger Games and The Fault In Our Stars. I used to be a big Stephanie Plum fan, but I hate the stupid Joe/Steph/Ranger triangle so I'm kinda over it. Iris Johansen and Jennifer Cruise are my favorite airplane reads (I'm terrified to fly and they're quick, fun and engrossing).

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hmm, wanna hear me bitch about Stephanie Plum? It only starts with the triangle. I am a Moreli fan all the way

Cupcakes forever!! Let me just say that I cannot understand ANYONE turning down Joe. He's got that dangerous bad boy but still safe and reliable. Best of ALL worlds. Did you see the movie? I haven't yet...I decided it was a DVD rental type thing.

#3 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

What is your favorite book or book series, and why?

Personally, my favorite book is either the Hobbit or Eragon. I can't decide between the two, they are both amazing books. But my favorite series is probably the Inheritance Cycle, which is the Eragon series.

So, comment below and let us know what your favorite book or book series is and why!

#4 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Well there have been many books that cuts into the list of favourite over the period of time.

Some of them are : Band of Brothers, Motorcycle Diaries, Macbeth, Hobbit, Da Vinci Code, Deception Point...etc etc.

To choose from these will be really difficult, hence I leave them to you all to decide as to which of these is the best.

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Hmm, wanna hear me bitch about Stephanie Plum? It only starts with the triangle. I am a Moreli fan all the way

My favorite YA will always be Harry Potter. I love loved Hunger Games but without going into details, I'll just say the last book was a disappointment

I am like you dignato, I have many favorite books but if I must pick one, I'll go with Paradise by Judith McNaught. I keep a copy by my nightstand along with my bible

My favorite Paranormal series is Kate Daniels by the husband and wife team, Ilona Andrews

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Cupcakes forever!! Let me just say that I cannot understand ANYONE turning down Joe. He's got that dangerous bad boy but still safe and reliable. Best of ALL worlds. Did you see the movie? I haven't yet...I decided it was a DVD rental type thing.

No, I haven't seen it yet twin. I accepted the casting choices but the more previews I saw, the more put off I was by Katherine Heigl

Preach! Joe Moreli is everything a sane girl wants in a man. It got to a point where I wanted him to get with his co-worker and forget all about Stephanie.

I don't get Stephanie, the one time she had sex with Ranger there were no fireworks like she's convinced herself there'll be

#7 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

My favourite book has to be Hobbit. Although I adore others as well, Hobbit is the one which takes me to a different dimension all together.

#8 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Favourite book Harry Potter lol.....

Well on a serious note my favourite writer is John Grisham and the book is A Time to Kill !!!

#9 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Its hard to pick a favorite when you are a book worm like me. However, if we talk about favorite book 'series' then it has to be Harry potter - i know i know.. its such a cliche.. but I know how I read the entire series without putting it down (except for food and few mere hours of sleep). lol

#10 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

Its hard to pick a favorite when you are a book worm like me. However, if we talk about favorite book 'series' then it has to be Harry potter - i know i know.. its such a cliche.. but I know how I read the entire series without putting it down (except for food and few mere hours of sleep). lol

There are really lots of books and novels that are fascinating to read. I was also a book worm, especially when I was younger. I can't sleep well without finishing the book I started to read. When I was a student I have more time to read different books than right now that I'm already a mom and finding time to read book is quite hard.

One of my favorite is 'A Woman of Substance' by Barbara Taylor Bradford. I like the way the story goes, because it show how strong a woman can be. I also love reading documentary books because I prefer non-fictional story, I learn a lot from those kinds of books.
As for 'Harry Potter", I did not have the chance to read all the books, but I like the story for I had watched the films.

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

A Woman of Substance, I must have read I read that book when I was about 11/12, seems like another lifetime though I am not 30 years old yet. Does Barbara Taylor Bradford still publish or did she retire?

My favorite author, Judith McNaught haven't in YEARS. They kept pushing the release date for her latest book, "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" have been at it since 03'.

#12 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

A Woman of Substance, I must have read I read that book when I was about 11/12, seems like another lifetime though I am not 30 years old yet. Does Barbara Taylor Bradford still publish or did she retire?

The latest book of Barbara is 'Letter from a Stranger', published 2011. I wish to get my hands on it. Seems another good novel based from the reviews. Her books are great and if I'll have time I'll buy another one and indulge into it.

#13 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite, but if I go by the frequency of rereading, I guess it'd be JD Robb's "In Death" series. They are murder mysteries set about 50 years in the future and are fun to read.

I also love Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Lord of the Rings.

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

The latest book of Barbara is 'Letter from a Stranger', published 2011. I wish to get my hands on it. Seems another good novel based from the reviews. Her books are great and if I'll have time I'll buy another one and indulge into it.

I hope you find a copy Krisiane. Have you tried a library? Here you can place a book on hold if it is really popular

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite, but if I go by the frequency of rereading, I guess it'd be JD Robb's "In Death" series. They are murder mysteries set about 50 years in the future and are fun to read.

I also love Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Lord of the Rings.

I read all the In Death books in a span of 3 months when I discovered them. They are about 40 books in the series at the moment.

I got tired of waiting for Eve to, not get over it, but be able to live with it. I love her, she went through unspeakable horror but her monster of a father wins everything she lets what he did to her shape her life. She has a great group of supporters now in Rourke and Mira especially but I don't see much progress. I don't know why Mavis isn't hurt by the way Eve acts around Bella. Lady, get over yourself for a minute, she is just a baby. I was not please that she let Peabody throw the babyshower. It was another instant where I felt Eve couldn't gotten over one of her neuroses but why must she when Super Detective is right around the corner.

I aslo get enough of Peabody and McNabb towards the end I prefer Mavis and Leonardo.

I plan on reading Celebrity in Death though, it seems Eve loosens up a bit

#15 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

I hope you find a copy Krisiane. Have you tried a library? Here you can place a book on hold if it is really popular

I haven't tried it yet. There are e-books available but it cost few dollars so I would rather prefer reading it for free if I get the chance. I'll try searching for online library in my free time so I can start reading it. I'll tell you once I had found one.

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wait, your local library charges you to borrow e-books? That's not cool. There are many places you can download books for free. Legit too.

http://www.free-ebooks.net/

There are many many more like that

I used to love this site until they changed the format. You can read the books online http://www.onread.com/

#17 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Oh, thanks! I checked it out but they have no copy of 'letter from a stranger', but from it I can read lot of books for free if I have time. I also love books related to health sciences and astronomy, mythology and occult :). That site can be a big help. thanks!

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Oh, thanks! I checked it out but they have no copy of 'letter from a stranger', but from it I can read lot of books for free if I have time. I also love books related to health sciences and astronomy, mythology and occult :). That site can be a big help. thanks!

You are welcome :)

#19 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite. My husband got me hooked on it. I have read it a few times and it is one of those books that you just can not go wrong with. It never gets old. About vampires so it is my cup of tea.

#20 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Oh God, I have a lot of favorites! :D Anyway, I have to mention 'The Reader' by Bernhard Schlink. I love it. There is a movie version which starred Kate Winslet. I watched it, too. Both the book and the movie moved me.