• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

The lifetime network used to have amazing original movies. Now they make low budget poor quality flicks. The story lines are redundant , the plots unrealistic and the actors are all unknowns.  I remember when I was little they would have Lifetime movie weekend and everyone would be glued to the TV. Now the movies they make are bare worth sitting 2 hour to watch. Was anyone else here hooked on Lifetime movies

#2 jneanz

jneanz

Cordial

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

I guess they heard you because they are now doing "original" biopics.  Last year, they did the Anna Nicole story and that was somewhat entertaining.  I caught the Saved by the Bell movie yesterday,  They also premiered the Brittany Murphy biopic.

Now, I went to sleep on part of the movie but I'm confused about something.  Back in the 90s to early 2000s, it seems like the only Brit on the papparazzi's radar was Ms.Spears.  I'm not one of those who lives by TMZ or Perez Hilton but I barely remember her relationship with Ashton Kutcher.  Maybe I'm just old :D

Anyway, Lifetime will also be making biopic of Aaliyah and Whitney Houston.  The latter will be directed by Angela Basset and it will focus on her relationship with ex-husband Bobby Brown.  YaYa DaCosta from America's Next Top Model (Season 3) will play Ms. Houston.

#3 wulfman

wulfman

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:39 PM

Last movie I saw on Lifetime was 'Bad Teacher', where the teacher was set up by the student and his uncle into making it look like she was having an affair with the student. But that was awhile back. Yes it does seem like the quality of the films has decreased quite a bit. I wish there were better screening processes for getting onto television nowadays.

#4 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

I guess they heard you because they are now doing "original" biopics.  Last year, they did the Anna Nicole story and that was somewhat entertaining.  I caught the Saved by the Bell movie yesterday,  They also premiered the Brittany Murphy biopic.

Now, I went to sleep on part of the movie but I'm confused about something.  Back in the 90s to early 2000s, it seems like the only Brit on the papparazzi's radar was Ms.Spears.  I'm not one of those who lives by TMZ or Perez Hilton but I barely remember her relationship with Ashton Kutcher.  Maybe I'm just old :D

Anyway, Lifetime will also be making biopic of Aaliyah and Whitney Houston.  The latter will be directed by Angela Basset and it will focus on her relationship with ex-husband Bobby Brown.  YaYa DaCosta from America's Next Top Model (Season 3) will play Ms. Houston.

Yes . I know about their biopic and they need to stop.  The Brittiny Murphy movie was not good at all. The actress did not look anything like her and nothing in her acting reminded me on bit of Brittney Murphy. These are just poorly made movies that take advantage of the fans interest. People watch the biopics hoping to gain some more insght in to the persons life. Lifetime does such a bad job making these movies that it is hard to  recognize who the person is.

#5 wulfman

wulfman

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

I don't watch Lifetime much so I have never seen any of these biopics. I rather watch 'Inside the Actor's Studio' to get an insight into celebrities' lives.

#6 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

I've never gotten into Lifetime movies because I'm not really interested in movies about teen pregnancies, school scandals and battered wives.

I'm a woman but the content on Lifetime doesn't appeal to me.

#7 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

My mom loved lifetime movies, I did like some, but I can't say I was a big fan of their movies.  Some of them were really good back then, but now they seem so ridiculous!  They made a movie about that woman who was accused of murder in Italy, I don't remember her name, but she is American and was accused of murdering a girl... her lover helped.  Apparently all 3 were involved romantically...

Anyways, I watched the trailer the other day... and I thought: ''Oh no thanks!''.  Looked so cheap and crappy, with a really poor script... Lifetime movies used to be a synonym of quality, but now... some of their movies are so bad and ridiculous  that their trailers make me laugh.

#8 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:16 PM

My mother LOVES Lifetime. Lol. I cant deal. I'll watch Project Runway and its spinoffs but that's it. Years ago I started watching Human Trafficking (I think thats the title) and was so annoyed when it had been two hours and it was STILL on. Didn't realize it was like four hours long. I was liking it so I kept watching but I stay away from Lifetime movies. They get to me.  LOL OH! And Drop Dead Diva. That was a good show they had.

#9 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

My mom loves lifetime as well, it seems she doesn't mind the fact most of their ''new'' movies are a remake of previous ones, but using other actors that are equally bad at acting as the ones from the original movie, lol.   I was watching a movie named ''betrayed at 16'' or something, well, as with most lifetime movies the ending was so predictable.   I don't blame it on them or the poor actors, it's just nowadays there is a lot competition...  I actually feel sorry for the actors, I doubt any of them will make it big. Gotta be tough to be an aspiring actor or actress nowadays...

#10 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

I used to love life time movies, I haven't seen any in a while though.  One of my favorites was about a junkie mother who losses her son and then she tries to get him back.  It was a very touching story.