• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

What is your favorite talk show and why?

My favorite, before the star of the show left, was Live with Regis and Kelly. Regis was so funny, and had an amazing and funny chemistry with Kelly. That is my all time favorite talk show.

#2 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Steve Wilkos, Jeremy Kyle come to mind. I like Steve Wilkos because he goes after the bad guys and tries to bring advocacy to the victims. He has a soft spot for babies and those that cannot stand up for themselves. I like Jeremy Kyle because his show is like watching Jerry Springer without the slapping, wedding cake slinging, mud wrestling little people or the really weird guests he has on stage.

#3 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I have never even heard of Steve Wilkos. He sounds like a really great guy, I will have to check out his show. I love it when people help each other. :)

#4 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Steve Wilcos thread is under Talk Shows on this board. He's a retired cop that served in the Marines. He began his career as a body guard on Jerry Springer. His wife is a director of his and Springer show.

#5 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

David Lettterman has and always will be my favourite talk show. He has that uncanny sense of humour and can crack me up anytime. I do make sure to watch his show even if it is a re-run to get my daily dose of laughter. May he keeps on cracking me up forever.

#6 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

David Lettterman has and always will be my favourite talk show. He has that uncanny sense of humour and can crack me up anytime. I do make sure to watch his show even if it is a re-run to get my daily dose of laughter. May he keeps on cracking me up forever.

Letterman has reruns? I didn't know that. I always thought they were first runs because of the time line and news references. That's really interesting. I've watched or used to watch Night Line back when Ted Koppel did it, now though it's some other guy that has it. I've enjoyed watching the round table discussions on Sunday's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos"

#7 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I'm not really into any talk shows at the moment, but the host I've enjoyed the most is Ellen DeGeneres. She's hilarious.

#8 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Dr. Oz. He is so easy to understand and seems to have a great outlook on life. He really has some good tips as well that I have used.

#9 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Unfortunately my favorite talk show is no longer on air :(. It was Larry King Live. The guy was a guru among all the young hosts and what was the most appealing in his show was the quality of the conversation he had with his guests. Not some kind of stupid chit chat but some real issues were discussed there. I really liked it a lot. I remember the last episode when he was saying goodbye to all his fans with his family in the studio, his two sons and wife. I miss that kind of shows.

Now they have the Pierce Morgan show which is terrible. I can't stand that guy talking to his guests with his funny British accent. :( even tho I have nothing against British accents :P I simply can't stand that guy :)

#10 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Unfortunately my favorite talk show is no longer on air :(. It was Larry King Live. The guy was a guru among all the young hosts and what was the most appealing in his show was the quality of the conversation he had with his guests. Not some kind of stupid chit chat but some real issues were discussed there. I really liked it a lot. I remember the last episode when he was saying goodbye to all his fans with his family in the studio, his two sons and wife. I miss that kind of shows.

Now they have the Pierce Morgan show which is terrible. I can't stand that guy talking to his guests with his funny British accent. :( even tho I have nothing against British accents :P I simply can't stand that guy :)

Then you probably would like Jeremy Kyle either. He's got a British accent and doesn't mince, sugar-coat or chocolate cover anything. In your face, in your business and doesn't stop either until you're practically sitting in a puddle. I appreciate his passion even if I don't always get it.

#11 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Does it make me an extremely bad person that I like Steve Wilkos? I usually rib people that I know that tend to watch 'trash tv', but there's something about Steve. It doesn't take any crap off of anyone and doesn't let anyone get away with any undue mess on his show. I can appreciate the sentiment behind his shows because I see some of the recycled topics that he has on the show itself have apparently become a bigger issue than I was aware, like molestation and questionable practices of neglectful parents. He stands up for the people that have their voices taken, either by force or choice and takes up for kids. I admire this quality in anyone, and the fact that he uses his show to bring light to horrible, glossed over issues such as these is commendable.

#12 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

No, you aren't a bad person for liking him. You are in good company :)

#13 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Does it make me an extremely bad person that I like Steve Wilkos? I usually rib people that I know that tend to watch 'trash tv', but there's something about Steve. It doesn't take any crap off of anyone and doesn't let anyone get away with any undue mess on his show. I can appreciate the sentiment behind his shows because I see some of the recycled topics that he has on the show itself have apparently become a bigger issue than I was aware, like molestation and questionable practices of neglectful parents. He stands up for the people that have their voices taken, either by force or choice and takes up for kids. I admire this quality in anyone, and the fact that he uses his show to bring light to horrible, glossed over issues such as these is commendable.

A bad person? Why? He helps others, he was a former cop and appears to be good people.

Granted his start was through Springer and I think some of his shows kiss on Springer's usual list of trailer trash who's who, but, for the most part, Wilkos is a decent talk show host and, from what I read in the news, an all around good guy (for a change). At least he tries to help unlike the other talk shows that only give the impression but then doesn't follow up and let us know how his help has changed them.

#14 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

My favorite talk show would be "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". The show and the host radiate a lot of humor and life. Watching an episode is enough to give me my dose of laughter for the day!

#15 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

I have two favorites. Ellen Degeneres and Jay Leno. I love Jay Lenos mischievous giggles, and Ellen is so down to earth. Ellen has really struggled to get where she is today, especially against haters such as her JCPenney critics.

#16 SkyTech6

SkyTech6

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

My favorite talk show? Well that is quite hard... I only watch a few of the ones with large humor... I would have to say my favorite is "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" because of his accent and the amount of high A list guests he has and the relationship he has with all of them.

Also he had that period of time he spent in Scottland with other actors that was beyond good!

A common thing with talk shows that aim towards humor have a side kick type thing going with like the two SNL dudes and I think Conan has one also... but Craig has Geoff a robotic skeleton that actually is quite funny to listen too!

#17 jazlove361

jazlove361

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

My favorite Talk Show is "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". I believe Jimmy is hilarious

and relates well to the 20's- 30 year old crowd. I love that Jimmy makes his guest

loosen up by having them participate in games such as "Beer Pong" and "Wheel of

Carpet"!! lol Of course being a Philly girl I love anything that the group "The Roots"

are in, so having them as the Late Night band is phenomenal! I wish that the

intro songs they play after commercial break could be longer, those are some nice

songs!!

#18 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't have one. Back in the day, it was SPRINGER and Ricki Lake. Jenny Jones as well. Nowadays, I cannot stand to watch t.v. talk shows on my days off. They're so annoying. 

#19 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Wow, there are so many entertaining talk shows out there. But if I were to pick my favorite? I would have to pick a few because I just can't come to a decision on one show. So, to name a few Jeremy Kyle, Ricki Lake, Steve Wilkos, Jerry Springer, and that is it really. As far as Jeremy Kyle goes, I'm referring to the U.K show, and not the American one that he does. I hate the American one. It just doesn't seem real, whereas the english one does to me.

#20 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

To be honest I really don't watch too many talk shows these days.  I use to be a regular watcher of The View, but now I just watch it here and there.  I guess the novelty sort of wore off the show for me.  I really am not that into talk shows period unless they have a guest that I'm interested in.  For example last week on Katie Couric's new talk show Katie she had cast members from the soap General Hospital on to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the program, so of course I watched that.