Here you go

http://realtvchat.co...-maury-pouvich/

#22 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Doesn't it say something sad about the state of the Talk Show circuit though when Katie Couric and Anderson Cooper have to take over the reigns? I mean Katie used to be on The Today Show and Good Morning America. And Anderson's talk show is his second job along with working at CNN still. I kind of miss the old Tempest Bledsoe show. Was interesting.

#23 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

I forgot to nmention Sally Jesse Raphael. Some of the topics of her shows used to be absolutely brilliant. Interesting, sometimes heart-breaking, sometimes inspiring. She had a good balance of emotion as far as the topics of her shows went.

Another talk show that I miss is the Jenny Jones Show. I have to wonder where these woman are now and what they are doing, because both of their shows have been off the air for a long time now, unless they are still airing in America and I am just not aware of it over here in the UK.

Edited by pipergale, 19 April 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#24 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Sally Jesse and her trademark rim glasses. She seemed like a very genuine person and host. Where and what is she doing nowadays anyways? I hope it's nothing beneath her.

#25 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Sally Jesse and her trademark rim glasses. She seemed like a very genuine person and host. Where and what is she doing nowadays anyways? I hope it's nothing beneath her.

I don't know if Sally Jesse Rapheal was genuine or not. As a host, I actually found her quite boring most of the time. She was very low tempo as a host, but what saved her was her shows and their interesting topics. I really liked her show. Now Montel Williams? He has THE most boring talk show I have ever encountered in my life, and not even the interesting topics that he had on there would save him. The man just has zero personality.

#26 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Sally was old though. And most talk show host females aren't very animated. Ellen and Rosie O'Donnell were exceptions but they were younger. Sally started out doing the job as an old lady and just got older as she continued.

#27 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Sally was old though. And most talk show host females aren't very animated. Ellen and Rosie O'Donnell were exceptions but they were younger. Sally started out doing the job as an old lady and just got older as she continued.

This is true. Most female talk show hosts aren't all that animated but look at Ricki Lake. That woman could host a party in an empty room. She was very flamboyant at times and a really funny, easy to relate to, host. She has to be my favorite female talk show host of all time. Her shows were amazing too.

Sally was so low tempo all the time. Even her startled face, when one of her guests would say something startling or disrespectful, was almost vacant.

#28 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

I guess non-animated hosts are easy to digest for America. Or certain Americans. Arsenio Hall was the exception to this rule. 

#29 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

How do you feel about Maury Povich. I think that that is how you spell his last name. But his talk show was amazing for a while. The topics of discussion were always really entertaining and fun, and the guests that would come on the show were also animated. If I hadn't known any better, I probably would have thought that some of the guests on Maury were false, just like everybody thought that Jerry Springer was fake.

But after a while hearing, 'You are the father,' or 'You are not the father,' got kind of annoying lol.

#30 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Maury is trash. I don't respect him, nor will I ever respect him. Springer was at least funny. And had the bald security guy even become part of the act. He also had his final thought at the end of the show which was cool in a twisted sort of way. Maury just ripped Springer's act and it's trashy, lame, sad, and pathetic. It's truly train wreck t.v. And there's another guy called Bill Cunningham who's starting to do the same thing on channel 11 (CW) in their afternoon programming. Only it doesn't work well with him because Bill looks like a lost cast member from Leave It To Beaver. So it's just awkward and creepy.

Edited by NickJ, 25 April 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#31 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Really Nickj? I do think that Maury Povich is trashy, but not to the point that I don't want to watch it. Jerry Springer was way more trashy if you ask me, and the final thought at the end did not rectify the absolute trash that went on within the show lol.

But that's what some of like about talk shows anyway, the absolute human train wreck television about it haha! I know that there are more than a few shows that I watch purely for the fact that it is trashy. Gotta get my trashy fix.

#32 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I liked Springer. But maybe that's because when I watched his show I was a teenager back then. I was never a fan of Maury in anything really. Even now, I can't watch Springer or Maury because I've outgrown that sort of stuff. But Springer would be easier for me to watch than Maury. Who just gives me the creeps!

#33 mochajoeee

mochajoeee

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Anderson Live

Ooops, I sent my response too soon. Anderson Live is my favorite talk show. I like how he has a different co host everyday. He has fun and interesting things on everyday, a nice balance if you ask me. One of my favorite things he does is when he talks about a new product or gadget out ans they try it out on TV there. It's so funny. He seems like such a down to earth guy. Which is why I enjoy watching his show so much. Also, I love how they have the tweets that come in from viewers on the bottom of the screen. It's interesting to see what other viewers are thinking. If you haven't watched this show, you should give it a shot if your into day time talk shows!

#34 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

I like the Steve Harvey show. I have been laughing my head off since the show first began last September. I posted on social media a while back that if someone wanted to give me a gift to make it a DVD of the best of Ask Steve. That man is crazy!

#35 Realitytv

Realitytv

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

I like the Oprah Winfrey show, Dr. Drew show, Dr. Oz show, The doctors show, and most of all Dr. Phil's show. I'm a big fan of any show that help to make a positive impact on people's lives and most of the shows that I mention do a lot of that so I'm proud of them. We need more quality show on TV then junk show that just exploit women or violence or just nonsense. I think they should make more shows like the ones I mentioned above. I would sit home all day long if I could to watch the Dr. Phil show. I'm amazed at the stories that he covers. Can you believe it? Some of the stories on there, people can identify with and it helps them to watch it as well. We need to influence people more with positive shows than bad ones. I dislike show like American next Top Model because they talk down on those girls so much and it hurts just to watch them get rejected. I don't think it's healthy for teens to watch those kind of show and think that they have to be more than perfect to be good in someone else's eyes. 

#36 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

I've always liked Jerry Springer and Maury Povich, the main reason was because of the drama and crazy guests. As for other daytime talk shows, the only other one I watch is The Talk and I have to admit it's pretty good. What I like most about The Talk is they don't fight like the ladies on The View. The women on The Talk each have a chance to express their own opinion without someone butting in saying they disagree, unlike The View where they gang up on someone just because they have different political views.

#37 BWR

BWR

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

I really love Ricki Lake, she managed to keep everything very simple, to-the-point and classy. I think this reflects her own elegant yet down-to-earth personality. I never warmed up to Jimmy Fallon for whatever reason and I personally think that beneath his calm exterior, Jerry Springer (I do like hit style, though) is actually a very intelligent person who knows how to milk any situation (on his show or otherwise) to his advantage. 

Just my two cents worth. 

#38 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

I will never understand how anybody could actually enjoy sitting down and watching the Ellen Degeneres show. That woman is one of the single most boring hosts I have ever come across in my entire life. I cringe when people think that she is funny. I have never laughed at any of her wit or jokes once and I think that I am pretty easy to make laugh.

Ricki Lake was without a doubt the best talk show that I watched. She made you feel at home and like you were settling in for something exciting.

#39 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Unfortunately my favorite talk show is no longer on air :(. It was Larry King Live. The guy was a guru among all the young hosts and what was the most appealing in his show was the quality of the conversation he had with his guests. Not some kind of stupid chit chat but some real issues were discussed there. I really liked it a lot. I remember the last episode when he was saying goodbye to all his fans with his family in the studio, his two sons and wife. I miss that kind of shows.

Now they have the Pierce Morgan show which is terrible. I can't stand that guy talking to his guests with his funny British accent. even tho I have nothing against British accents I simply can't stand that guy 

I agree with you. He seems like such a snob, and for no reason. It seems he looks down on Americans, yet this is the country that gave him his job. I just dont like him... British or not. 

#40 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

Chelsea Lately - I stay up every night to watch this, and get pissed when it's re-runs.

The Chew - It's corny, but it's kind of grown on me.