• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I know it has barely even been on, but I like Bethenny so far. Some of the topics are pretty lame, but I just like her as a person. I could be biased, since I did watch all her seasons of Real Housewives and her spin-off reality show. Nonetheless, I think it has been quite fun to watch so far. I look forward to all the cameos from the other housewives. Kathy’s husband from RHONJ was on the other day.

#42 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Does it make me an extremely bad person that I like Steve Wilkos? I usually rib people that I know that tend to watch 'trash tv', but there's something about Steve. It doesn't take any crap off of anyone and doesn't let anyone get away with any undue mess on his show. I can appreciate the sentiment behind his shows because I see some of the recycled topics that he has on the show itself have apparently become a bigger issue than I was aware, like molestation and questionable practices of neglectful parents. He stands up for the people that have their voices taken, either by force or choice and takes up for kids. I admire this quality in anyone, and the fact that he uses his show to bring light to horrible, glossed over issues such as these is commendable.

I don't regularly watch daytime talk shows, but I've seen some episodes of Steve Wilkos and he seems like a nice guy who wants to help people.

This job seems better suited for him than breaking up fights on the Jerry Springer show.

#43 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Does it make me an extremely bad person that I like Steve Wilkos? I usually rib people that I know that tend to watch 'trash tv', but there's something about Steve. It doesn't take any crap off of anyone and doesn't let anyone get away with any undue mess on his show. I can appreciate the sentiment behind his shows because I see some of the recycled topics that he has on the show itself have apparently become a bigger issue than I was aware, like molestation and questionable practices of neglectful parents. He stands up for the people that have their voices taken, either by force or choice and takes up for kids. I admire this quality in anyone, and the fact that he uses his show to bring light to horrible, glossed over issues such as these is commendable.

I don't regularly watch daytime talk shows, but I've seen some episodes of Steve Wilkos and he seems like a nice guy who wants to help people.

This job seems better suited for him than breaking up fights on the Jerry Springer show.

I don't think that it makes anyone a bad person to watch any of the talk shows that are available. Steve Wilkos is an ok shows. I will never get all of the female attention that he gets though. He looks very strange and he is always orange, yet women are always telling him how hot he is and that he's a hunk. Perhaps it is the fact that he is confident and women will feel safe and taken care of around him. As for his show though, it is watchable.

#44 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Has anyone been watching the new Queen Latifah show ? She comes across as very warm and friendly. She is extremely down to earth when she sits down with her quest, and it feels like two people chatting in her living room. Her set is amazing, and is designed to look like the inside of a home complete with dining room. If you have not seen it yet you should check it out.

#45 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

Has anyone been watching the new Queen Latifah show ? She comes across as very warm and friendly. She is extremely down to earth when she sits down with her quest, and it feels like two people chatting in her living room. Her set is amazing, and is designed to look like the inside of a home complete with dining room. If you have not seen it yet you should check it out.

I have always liked Queen Latifah. I used to watch her old talk show, and this is going back to when I was in primary or secondary school now. I would eat my dinner in my room and watch one of her talk shows. I like the way she hosts. She has just enough presence, and not too much. I think that hosts like Jeremy Kyle often overdo it, and then the audience find them to be not likable.

#46 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Gonna have to say Craig Ferguson. It has the right mix of good conversation and humour, and I never feel like the guests are there just to shill. Or rather, they may be but Ferguson doesn't seem to care at all and is looking for a genuine conversation.

#47 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I am really enjoying the new Queen Latifah talk show. For a new show she has really good guests so far. I have always liked the Queen anyway, music.... movies.... and now this. I hope she gets to stay on. I heard she is rating pretty high! 

#48 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

I am really enjoying the new Queen Latifah talk show. For a new show she has really good guests so far. I have always liked the Queen anyway, music.... movies.... and now this. I hope she gets to stay on. I heard she is rating pretty high! 

Queen Latifah has a show!?!? How did I not know this?

Adding that to my viewing list asap, I don't even care who the guests or topics are, I love that woman.

#49 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I could not agree more with you. Queen seems like a seasoned professional. Has anyone noticed that since Queens show has been running ,Katie Couric has really stepped up her game. Katie's show used to be flat and boring with mediocre guest. Now that there is more competition she seems to be making improvements.

#50 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Ok, Queen pulled off another interesting one... come on she had the lady who did the voice for Siri . I know it sounds lame, but it wasn't. Dare I say it..... Long live the Queen....

#51 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

Ok, Queen pulled off another interesting one... come on she had the lady who did the voice for Siri . I know it sounds lame, but it wasn't. Dare I say it..... Long live the Queen....

Hey Farrah; what channel is this new Queen latifah talk show airing on? I remember back when I was in secondary school, Queen Latifah had a show and I would eat my dinner and watch it, because I really enjoyed the shows, even as a child. But I have heard many people talking about this new show, so i am wondering if it is a new season of the same show or just a different show altogether?

#52 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

It depends where you live. This link has all of the listings...

http://queenlatifah....-to-watch-q.pdf

#53 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I have just found a clip of the show on Yotube, and the show seems quite different to the other show that I saw when I was still in school. This seems like an entirely new show altogether. My problem is that she only seems to have guests on her show; she doesn't actually have real people and their issues on her show. Is this the case?

#54 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I have just found a clip of the show on Yotube, and the show seems quite different to the other show that I saw when I was still in school. This seems like an entirely new show altogether. My problem is that she only seems to have guests on her show; she doesn't actually have real people and their issues on her show. Is this the case?

She has a lot of celebrity guests, cooking. plays games with the audience, helps people in the community, and sometimes she has funny skits. Kind of like Ellen. Its always entertaining though. I think she will be around awhile.  She is killing boring Bethanny right now. I can't even bring myself to watch that one....

#55 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

She has a lot of celebrity guests, cooking. plays games with the audience, helps people in the community, and sometimes she has funny skits. Kind of like Ellen. Its always entertaining though. I think she will be around awhile.  She is killing boring Bethanny right now. I can't even bring myself to watch that one....

hahahaha! As long as her show is not as boring as Montell Williams and his show then I am good. I have always liked Queen Latifah. She has always had this hip ay about her that I like. She can be pretty funny too. But no show could be worse than Montell's shows. He has some pretty great subjects on his show too, but he is just way too boring to carry any of them off with any sort of entertaining finesse.

#56 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Wait a minute..... Montell has a show again? I thought he went off the air years ago. They only things I have seen him do in the recent are his infomercials for his dumb juicer. 

#57 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

She does have the celebrity guest on her show most of the time but, she still mange's to work regular every day people , buy celebrating the good deeds of the community. The format has changes for the first show she had years ago. Don't expect to see people come there to have their problems solved.

#58 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for the information guys. I am not one for talk shows with celebrity guests and such coming on the show. I want to hear and see real people having their problems solved. :(

Farrah, I haven't seen an episode of Montell Williams in years, but I was referring to his show from years past. That show was without a doubt, THE most boring talk show I have ever seen. The only time that his show was good, was when the psychic Silvia Brown came on the show and spoke to people in the audience.

#59 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the information guys. I am not one for talk shows with celebrity guests and such coming on the show. I want to hear and see real people having their problems solved. :(

Like I said before , she does have the real people on her show. Today she had a singer that performed in the subways. This was just a regular person who was surprised with a once in a lifetime opportunity to show the world her gift. Queen has also had, teacher , community activist , choir leader and, a girl scout troop . She also brought on a group of at risk youth who sang in a children's choir. She celebrates every day heroes on her show the, regular people.

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

Like I said before , she does have the real people on her show. Today she had a singer that performed in the subways. This was just a regular person who was surprised with a once in a lifetime opportunity to show the world her gift. Queen has also had, teacher , community activist , choir leader and, a girl scout troop . She also brought on a group of at risk youth who sang in a children's choir. She celebrates every day heroes on her show the, regular people.

But they all seem to have their shit figured out or something along those lines. I want people who have some kind of drama lol. There is a reason why the Maury show was so popular. I mean I don't mind if the show is not as ratchet as Maury, but her show seems like it could run the risk of being on the boring side. I don't want to hear at risk teens singing,because that is boring to me.