• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:16 AM

It is a shame that she didn't make it, but then again like you said there is so many more talk shows today than in the past so its a lot harder for her to compete with others. I would've like to see her more and hopefully change it up a little more to see if she would've gained more ratings, but I highly doubt it would've made a difference.

#82 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the information. It didn't seem like they gave Ricki's new format much of a chance. I saw one episode, and then I remember waiting for the next one to air and it didn't, which I thought was strange.

#83 evelynmcgregor

evelynmcgregor

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

:)I like to watch the Rachel Ray Show.  She interacts well with her audience and always has interesting guests.  And I always like to see what kind of cooking demos she has,, both the ones her guests do and the one she does at the end of each show.    I also watch The Ellen Degeneres show on occasion.  I love her silly dance that she does through the audience at the beginning of each showI l

#84 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

I have never actually watched the Rachel Ray Show. I haven't heard too much about it, to be honest. But that may be because I live in the UK. 

#85 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

Steve Harvey is cool. He's so funny and fun to watch. I love the dating. Some of those women... ugh. What could they be thinking? It's pretty cool how he tries to dial them in. I like his attitude too.

#86 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

I'm not one for talk shows but I do occasionally watch Wendy Williams or Ellen. I like the Wendy show because of the gossip and I like the tone she takes with the viewers. I really feel like it is like talking with a girlfriend and I like the topics and guests she has. I just like Ellen because of some of her musical guests. I don't watch Ellen as much because the time it is on is not convenient for me.

#87 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

I have said it before and I am going to say it again, Ellen is the show to watch. If you are big on the gossip then Wendy and "how you doin" is where it's at. Ellen just seems to send out a really natural, positive vibe. Most times I watch I am just smiling from ear to ear. I am not even laughing out loud and that's fine. There is a sweetness to the show.

Then the guest are usually such fun people and I love that she seems to discover all these kids with their various talents. I love that she gives them a platform to showcase whatever it is they bring to the table. 

Edited by Silverfox, 25 October 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#88 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

I will consistently watch The Chew. I know it's probably not an official talk show, but I do enjoy it the majority of the time.

As for an official show, I really enjoy The Talk. When it was first on I didn't want to watch it as I have beef with Holly Robinson, but when they got rid of her and unfortunately Leah Remini, I gave it another chance.

While I do wish that Sheryl wasn't the clown the majority of the time, they have a great balance and chemistry between the ladies and unlike The View, they don't overestimate the value of their opinion and influence. Which in turn, increases their credibility.

#89 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

I'm shocked that upon searching this whole thread that there's only two mentions of Steve Harvey. What's up with that? The man has talent, not only as a person to give advice, but he's a comedian! His show is hilarious and real whenever I get the chance to watch it. He also, in my opinion, seems to be the best host for Family Feud. I swear, some of those answers are given JUST to see his reaction to them. I like the execs love to pull his leg with some of the answer people will give to the surveys. 

#90 KayCee

KayCee

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

My Favorite is Craig Ferguson. He is so genuine and hilarious is his stand up and interviews. I really like that he tends to veer away from the smut and ignorant questions in his interviews. He creates a banter between the celebrity and himself and allows it to play out asking engaging and interesting questions instead of ridiculous nonsense like "Are you really sleeping around?". Its both annoying and embarrassing when interviewers try to get that information, so I really enjoy when I can get a real interview.

#91 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Has anyone seen "The Real"? I am anxious to hear what you folks make of it. If I had to narrow it down to one favourite talk show  it would have to be Ellen. She just makes me smile. It's hardly ever a laugh out loud; it's just a warm smile. I hope she's as genuine as she comes across. I would be terribly disappointed if I found out she was a snob or anything like that.

Someone spoke about Steve Harvey and he too makes me smile but I have not seen a lot of his show and the little I have seen I don't  love. As for Family Feud, I find him hilarious on that show and you just can't help but love him. I am guessing he would be my pick for best game show host.

#92 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Steve Harvey does have a pretty good talk show.  I don't watch it on a daily basis, but the few times that I have seen it I thought he did a pretty good job.  He seem to be a good interviewer, had some good guest along with good subjects that he covered.  He is also no surprise here, funny and entertaining to watch as well.  The main reason I don't watch him on a regular basis is because I am not really a talk show watcher, I would rather watch something else over a talk show, but if I were someone who was into this genre I would watch his show.  I hope it will succeed in daytime.