• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Warner Bros has released the first picture of AnnaSophia Robb dressed as a young Carrie Bradshaw in the CW Carrie Diaries

Posted Image

#2 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Carrie Dairies is the CW show I am looking forward to the most.

Those heels are made for walking in Manhattan in the '80s!

#3 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

For some reason, this show sounds familiar. Is it an old show that once aired and has come back after a hiatus or is it an old one being aired in reruns? The actress looks familiar too, but the name of the show is what struck me as having heard it before.

#4 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

It is a prequel of Sex and the City.

This is about Carrie Bradshaw when she was a teenager.

I can't wait to see what she wore in the '80. Her 90's, early 2000 fashion was out there as it was

#5 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

It is a prequel of Sex and the City.

This is about Carrie Bradshaw when she was a teenager.

I can't wait to see what she wore in the '80. Her 90's, early 2000 fashion was out there as it was

thank you, that's where i had seen this actress before. Like Rhodes I was sure I'd seen this actress before too, now I know I have. I love when shows made in 2012 try and step back in time whether it's the 50's, 80's or any era actually. It's quite a feat to pull off avoiding the mistakes of goofing or forgetting that back even as late as the 80's we didn't have the small or streamlined cell phones, laptops, iPads, iPods and the wonderful technology we have now.

#6 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

The actress for the new show is not the same as the one in who played Carrie on Sex and The City. Sarah Jessica Parkar played Carrie in the original version, this actress called AnnaSophia Robb

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Warner Bros has released the first picture of AnnaSophia Robb dressed as a young Carrie Bradshaw in the CW Carrie Diaries

Posted Image

I am really looking forward to this show.

It better not disappoint.

Nice shoes!

#8 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

I loved Sex in the City so I am sure that I will love this. It looks good and I love the outfit she is wearing. Seems to be very Carrie in the 80's. Awesome.

#9 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

The Carrie Diaries will replace Gossip Girl on Monday's at 8pm midseason.

#10 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

New image of The Carrie Diaries

Posted Image

#11 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

I definitely look forward to this show. I have watched the entire SATC series and both movies. I think it'll be fun to see how mini Carrie meets the girls, lands an at-home writing gig, adjusts to life in the city, etc.

#12 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

She and Samantha were friends longer so we'll see a younger Samantha sooner but I I wonder if she'll meet Charlotte and Miranda on the series.

Edited - Is this thread stretching for anyone else?

#13 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

It is not stretching for me

I can't wait to meet young Samantha, I hope she was a slut back then too

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

I never even thought of teenage Samantha. I guess it is because I thought Carrie met her when she was in her 20s.

#15 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Carrie Bradshaw, 16, Will Have Her Own Identity on The Carrie Diaries

"We didn't want to do the Baby Muppets syndrome – 'Oh it's baby Samantha! It's baby Miranda!' " executive producer Amy B. Harris told SATC fans during a screening of the premiere episode on Monday at New York City's School of Visual Arts.

Instead, Harris and creator Candace Bushnell, who was also on hand for the premiere, hope to give 1984's Carrie Bradshaw – played by AnnaSophia Robb – her own identity and a new set of friends, reports Huffington Post.

Bradshaw, who is now still in high school and living in suburban Connecticut, has two BFFs named Maggie and Mouse, a guy friend named Walt and a love interest named Sebastian, played by Austin Butler. It's an internship suggested by her father, a widower, that brings her to her beloved Manhattan.

But Harris promises the new show will be a nod to its original. "We planted fun Easter eggs for our audience," she said.

Trailer - Premieres January 2013

#16 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Either they looks too young or I am getting too old. Carrie and classmates don't even look like High School kids. They look like they should be in middle school

#17 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

I consider myself a big SaTC fan, but I don't remember the the show ever addressing Carrie's family life. Is the prequel at least being consistent with what we should know or is her mother dying new content?

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

No, she looks like a baby

Even the cop she was makingout with looked like he was playing dress up. He looked like the new kid in school she is crushing on so maybe it was Halloween

#19 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

I consider myself a big SaTC fan, but I don't remember the the show ever addressing Carrie's family life. Is the prequel at least being consistent with what we should know or is her mother dying new content?

I never heard it on the show but her mother's death is canon. Candice Bradshaw penned Carrie Diaries a few years ago, most of the CW show seems to be following Carrie's backstory from those books.

I always thought it strange Carrie never mentioned where she is from. There should have been a mention of the two sisters during her wedding to Big. Even if they were dead, a mention here and there would have been appropriate I thought

#20 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

I have to admit after watching the preview this does look like it might be worth checking out. I watched SATC for years, and saw the reruns on E many times. At first I thought I wouldn't be interested in a prequel of the show, but now I have to say its kind of peaked my interest. I never really gave it much thought while watching the original series that Carrie never went into her past, or her family life, until now. Like others I have to find this somewhat odd especially when you stop to think about her getting married, or publishing a book you would think these were events she would share with her family members.