• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

Are we using this thread for the new season?

#2 BBJunkie

BBJunkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

Bye bye Nadia!

I HATED them on TAR.

#3 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

I like the Twinnies. Sorry to see Nadiya leave first but it was expected.

I think this will be a good season. I like the concept of family going against each other and it should be fun to watch the newbies play it out. The returning vets clearly had the advantage in the first Blood vs. Water season.

#4 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

New season, new topic.

#5 Jetson

Jetson

Cordial

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

I like the Twinnies. Sorry to see Nadiya leave first but it was expected.

I think this will be a good season. I like the concept of family going against each other and it should be fun to watch the newbies play it out. The returning vets clearly had the advantage in the first Blood vs. Water season.

I liked them until they stole money from another pair. I think that was low.

However, I find them entertaining so wasn't happy Nadiya was the first voted out.

#6 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

Jeff has taken Parvarti's place as host of Survivor Live and will be interviewing booted contestants every Thuresday at 4pm EST. He will also host eliminated racers from TAR.

http://www.cbs.com/c...events/1000319/

Parvati moved to NYC and is now doing work for cbsnews.com. She still writes her weekly Survivor column for The Hollywood Reporter.

*Thursday

#7 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Jeff has taken Parvarti's place as host of Survivor Live and will be interviewing booted contestants every Thuresday at 4pm EST. He will also host eliminated racers from TAR.

http://www.cbs.com/c...events/1000319/

Parvati moved to NYC and is now doing work for cbsnews.com. She still writes her weekly Survivor column for The Hollywood Reporter.

*Thursday

Good for Jeff.

CBS has been a blessing to him.

#8 chattygirl

chattygirl

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

I don't watch the Amazing Race so I had do idea who the twins were. It sounds like they were pretty cutthroat on TAR. Do you think the remaining twin will be able to manage on her own?  Once she sees that her sister was voted out, she might deflate completely.  Twins have such a special bond.  I really enjoyed the season premiere. I think we are in for a good season. I saw from the previews that there will be the obligatory "quitter" this season, too.  It's good to keep traditions going.  :lol:

Edited by chattygirl, 26 September 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

I didn't think the Twinnies were cutthroat on TAR. I don't remember all the details from their original season, but they worked with other teams to target a team that no one liked which is not uncommon. Against other teams they were fine. Working together was another story. Instead of using their twin power to work together effortlessly they spent most of their time on the race fussing at each other.

#10 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

I didn't think the Twinnies were cutthroat on TAR. I don't remember all the details from their original season, but they worked with other teams to target a team that no one liked which is not uncommon. Against other teams they were fine. Working together was another story. Instead of using their twin power to work together effortlessly they spent most of their time on the race fussing at each other.

Wasn't that Branchel?

I don't think they were cutthroat either. They play dirty.

#11 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

Rachel and Brendon were on TAR20. Natalie and Nadiya's first sesaon was TAR21. They were first out on All Stars TAR24.

#12 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:26 PM

I disagree that they were the couple that talked the most trash about themselves, but I was glad Val's ass got sent away. Let's hear you roar from exile island, lady. Don't feel bad for sending her packing, do feel bad for the old man you sent away instead. Cry your manly tears for the grandpa. I do like Val's fighting spirit, it'll be interesting to see how she'll do in the game. All the drama was all for naught because they both back in the same episode. Jeremy feels indebted to Keith for taking care of Val. Aw. That is one alliance I can get behind.

Baylor is a rat. Looks like one too :/

The twins don't bother me. I don't really mind cutthroats on competition shows. I'll pay to see either of them play Big Brother.

#13 Reality Junkie

Reality Junkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

Jeff can be sexist sometimes, what did he mean by not seeing Julie wining over John? Being a man doesn't mean he has an advantage over her. Grr

Missy is one hell of a mother. I think she fell into the water intentionally, Baylor missed her by wide gap. 

Kelley and Jaclyn's challenge was the most hilarious. Jaclyn is a wuss. 

Val's lie was unnecessary IMO. She should, why stick your next out? She brought it on herself.

#14 BBJunkie

BBJunkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Missy is one hell of a mother. I think she fell into the water intentionally, Baylor missed her by wide gap. 

I think she did too out of guilt.

Unless they left a lot on the cutting room floor, Val was playing too hard, too quickly.

#15 Reality Junkie

Reality Junkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:25 PM

John's not changed, he is the same asshole he was all those years ago. I didn't feel bad he was blindsided. Poor Julie, she can do better than him. Much much better.

Drew deserved to go home for throwing the challenge and admitting it to a team member. There is nothing going in that pretty brain of his. He is also a woman hater, the way he is coming across. 

#16 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:24 PM

This season is boring but I am loving the tribal counsels. Love who they've voted the last 2 weeks. Drew was a bossy piece of shit. There was no way the guys would leave him around to bark orders around. There are too many big egos in that group. 

Keith is a disappointment, I don't know why he painted a target on Jeremy's back. You don't want to go against Jeremy, ask Drew. 

#17 Reality Junkie

Reality Junkie

Friendly

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:46 PM

Natalie's open sore is disgusting and an infection waiting to happen.

#18 chattygirl

chattygirl

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

I can't believe how the blue tribe (are they Coyopa?) wasted their ration of beans and rice. They are not even halfway through the game, and they are already down to nothing.  It must be very difficult to go with so little food for so long, but you have to make sure that you have enough to last through the whole thing. I wonder what Jeff is going to do about it.  

#19 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

I can't believe how the blue tribe (are they Coyopa?) wasted their ration of beans and rice. They are not even halfway through the game, and they are already down to nothing.  It must be very difficult to go with so little food for so long, but you have to make sure that you have enough to last through the whole thing. I wonder what Jeff is going to do about it.  

They'll merge before they run out of food. Either that or they'll win more.

#20 jessicaposh

jessicaposh

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

They'll merge before they run out of food. Either that or they'll win more.

You would think that these people would actually study up on survival techniques and learn how to collect food near the ocean.  I'm sure they knew that they were going to be next to an ocean.  Lots of food on the reef.  Oh well.  Let's see what jeff has to say and trade on the next episode.