26 replies to this topic

#1 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

The show died with Will IMO.

Alicia is simply not that likable to me. I hate her passive aggressiveness with regards to Florrick. Using her kids as anchors teetering her to her marriage is one of the most aspect of the show. They are not babies, they are well into their teen years. What lesson does she think she's impacting by sticking by Peter. Not a very good one.

I love Cary is my favorite male after Will (Sob!) The beatings in the premier was brutal. 

Enough with Kalinda's sexuality expose. She's irresistible temptress. We get it.

Diane leaving a firm she founded for one that was founded less than a year ago is the worst decision since the death of Will.

#2 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Here we go! 

I don't think it died entirely with Will....although that WAS a pretty big shock to me. 

And this new opening season didn't seem to focus on the 'wife' side as much as they have up until now. I know she's still saying 'no' to the politics side, but do you think she'll flip flop on that? I mean, the premise of the show is all she does to remain a "good wife" despite all the things he's done, but are we moving away from that too far? 

#3 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

I've just found time to catch up and I thought once Will has gone what can they do as he was my favorite character. I have to say I'm impressed with how fast the story is moving with Diane and Finn. The Cary plot throws up lots of issues and Kalinda, how far will she go knowing Bishop is dangerous.

Loving how Eli tries all his tricks and then tries to get out of them and really can they legally work in an office with so much building work going on? Perhaps in Illinois?

#4 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

I've just found time to catch up and I thought once Will has gone what can they do as he was my favorite character. I have to say I'm impressed with how fast the story is moving with Diane and Finn. The Cary plot throws up lots of issues and Kalinda, how far will she go knowing Bishop is dangerous.

Loving how Eli tries all his tricks and then tries to get out of them and really can they legally work in an office with so much building work going on? Perhaps in Illinois?

So the parttime Illinois resident in me (my parents live there) has to ask... what's wrong with working in an office while the work is going on? Lol! So long as they're not doing real construction where things could fall and whatnot, isn't it fine? O.o

#5 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

So the parttime Illinois resident in me (my parents live there) has to ask... what's wrong with working in an office while the work is going on? Lol! So long as they're not doing real construction where things could fall and whatnot, isn't it fine? O.o

LOL, well if there are law suits, they don't need to go far to find a lawyer in the series. It's hilarious that builders wander around and climb over desks as wires are hanging out of walls. They could at least make the builders hotties to look at...

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

Was there any doubt that Alicia was going to run?

If you doubt she'll win, stop the silliness. She is the mother of all Mary Sues.

Really over the over objectifying of Kalinda. She relies too much on sex as a means to an end for me to buy her as a super detective.

I wonder why Eli reacted so strangely about Peter and Kalinda's tryst. What does it matter to him? She was one among many.

#7 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

In all this surely it will come out that Peter and Alicia don't live under the same roof and then what? Their marriage of convenience will look like a sham unless Peter moves into Zacs room.

I've read this maybe the last series for Kalinda, so who knows whether she will end up dying for someone?

I like how the series is going so far and it will be interesting to see how Cary fits in now that Diane is pullng the strings.

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

In all this surely it will come out that Peter and Alicia don't live under the same roof and then what? Their marriage of convenience will look like a sham unless Peter moves into Zacs room.

I've read this maybe the last series for Kalinda, so who knows whether she will end up dying for someone?

I like how the series is going so far and it will be interesting to see how Cary fits in now that Diane is pullng the strings.

It is not a rumor,  the actress that play Kalinda has a new show in development. It is with NBC as well.

I too wonder how they'll handle her exit and what losing two leads back to back will do to the show.

#9 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

It was preditable that Finn would resign, I thought Alicia might offer him a job, but somehow he will be a key figure on the series. Now, Kalinda, surely when she called Finn, he would be able to trace her number or was she followed by Bishop? She is better than that.

So how did the ME and the witness both end up dead in a car crash, did no one think to give them protection? How safe is Kalinda now is is that how she will go out by the hand of Bishop?

Edited by Gabe, 05 November 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#10 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

Oh no! I hadn't heard about Kallinda leaving. She's one of my favorites on the show. What are they going to do without her?? I would much prefer if she didn't quit entirely and they simply cut down how much she was on this show... :( 

#11 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

The show died with Will IMO.

Alicia is simply not that likable to me. I hate her passive aggressiveness with regards to Florrick. Using her kids as anchors teetering her to her marriage is one of the most aspect of the show. They are not babies, they are well into their teen years. What lesson does she think she's impacting by sticking by Peter. Not a very good one.

I love Cary is my favorite male after Will (Sob!) The beatings in the premier was brutal. 

Enough with Kalinda's sexuality expose. She's irresistible temptress. We get it.

Diane leaving a firm she founded for one that was founded less than a year ago is the worst decision since the death of Will.

I just went back to catch up on this show, and I was thinking things were just getting stirred up after Will.

Cary is the coolest. I like his character a lot.

Yeah, Kallinda could keep her pants on once in a while. Maybe for at least one episode, At least she's getting some story besides the sexcapades though. Threatening Bishop was stupid and scary. Her bacon is so in the fire right now, in pretty much every facet of her life. I hate that she's leaving the show.

I thought the same thing about Diane at first, but yeah, I wouldn't stay there with David and Canning either. I'd be running, not walking, to get away from them. I think she just wants the feeling of building something up again.

#12 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

I think without Will, Kalinda couldn't do as much as she wanted. Now that Cary has expressed feelings for her, that has made her keep her distance, but I think she does care.

I do like Eli and how he twists things around and he knows how to play the game. His daughter is equally funny and their characters do make the show more light hearted. I am waiting to see how Finn fits in as he is now a regular on the show.

#13 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

I don't really like the idea of Alicia and Finn hooking up. I think her and her campaign manager would be better. She did kiss him, and that got me thinking that maybe he will be her love interest instead of Finn. Finn is married too, isn't he? He seems like a stand up guy and a good friend. I'd hate to see him betray his wife. He and Alicia are good as friends. I wonder why he wasn't invited to her firm instead of just offered to rent an office. 

#14 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

I don't really like the idea of Alicia and Finn hooking up. I think her and her campaign manager would be better. She did kiss him, and that got me thinking that maybe he will be her love interest instead of Finn. Finn is married too, isn't he? He seems like a stand up guy and a good friend. I'd hate to see him betray his wife. He and Alicia are good as friends. I wonder why he wasn't invited to her firm instead of just offered to rent an office. 

As far as I remember he is divorced. I think it would be a conflict of interest if he joined the firm because of Cary, but I thought she would ask him too. They seem to be good friends, but who knows? I think somehow he will join the firm as I read he was Wills replacement somewhere, but they didn't say how.

#15 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

Ah, that makes sense. There probably is some sort of conflict of interest.

Now that the case is over, who knows? I get the feeling he'll end up there. I hadn't heard that he was the replacement for Will, but I like him better than Will.

Is he divorced? Hmmm. Ok. It's hard to keep it all straight, lol.

#16 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

Yep, he's divorced: 

"Not too much is known of Finn's personal life. He was married, and it is suggested his wife left him after their miscarriage. It is also mentioned that he and his ex-wife have a young son."

http://thegoodwife.w...iki/Finn_Polmar

#17 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

Ah, ok, thanks. Good to know. I could have sworn he said something about "my wife" but he may have said ex \-wife and I didn't catch it. Still, even though I like him, I don't think I like him as her love interest. He doesn't seem like the sort who would get embroiled in such a mess. I could see the campaign manager though. I think Peter's a bit worried about that. As if he has a right to say anything...

#18 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

I think he will stay out of the firm until Cary is sorted out, the there is no conflict of interest and it allows him to help Alicia without any legal opposition. Given that she knows that  her old friend, Ramona betrayed her with her husband, she may feel she doesn't care whether it looks right or not. If she does win, then she could rehire him? So there are options how the plot could go and I do think Kalinda will die somehow.

#19 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kalinda is a goner.

Here's another show with a long delay between episodes.

Does this make anyone else lose interest? Having to wait so long to see the rest of the season?

#20 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

I think it will be a dramatic death, because she literally has to go out with a bang! I do think the gap is too long, but maybe they need it so teh actors can get a rest too! Or maybe the writers need breathign space to write and go with what seems popular or not.

I don't mind waiting though because I watch it when i feel like it and I'm so over spoilers these days.