• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

Just watched the latest episode, "Mind's Eye".  Wow, what a unique episode.  I love the way Alicia kept imagining her conversations with other people.  Where she plays different scenarios through her head - I do this all the time, but it's fun watching someone else go through this.  The part where she imagines Grace pregnant and sniffing glue because she might be questioning her belief in God - that was so funny.  The part where she imagines Will, it was sad - to realize that she still loves him and misses him - how she wonders what he would think - and then she tells him goodbye.  And the dilemma of what to say about Bishop funding her PAC - how she's toying with telling the truth or manipulating the truth. 

It was a very original story line - it was a great way to get to know Alicia better.  We see her good side and bad, her internal battles and conflicts.  I'd love to see more shows find interesting ways to define the characters - to give them more depth.  It's a great way to get us more involved with the shows and characters.

#22 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

Parts were interesting, but after a while, I found it to be a bit much. I kept waiting for more action.

I also grow a bit weary of all the anti-God stuff, but at least she told Grace not to stop believing because of her.

It seems like so many shows are running the same theme right now, but I guess it's interesting to see how differently they address the same topic (young black men shot by cops and how the community reacts).

#23 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

Wow, did everyone stop watching this show? Nobody paid attention to the election? I'm originally from that area, from that county even, so I'm well aware of the corrupt political shenanigans that are well known there.

I think things are about to get really ugly.

Kalinda is just in deep crap everywhere she turns, isn't she? She's in trouble with Bishop, she's got tons of dangerous secrets, and now it looks like she's in trouble with the law and her law firm.

#24 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

I caught up last week and there are some parts I don't buy. The stopping and starting really messes up the schedule.

I mean the whole thing with Canning I don't get, what's the point? The issue with taking things off Kalinda's computer without telling her doesn't really work as most lawyers would call first to see if anything else was possible. They should have kept Robyn on as they needed more than one investigator. I'm glad Finn is on board, but why couldn't Kalinda see Wiley would question everyone and preempt that?

#25 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

True enough. Yeah, I still don't get the whole Canning thing. I tend to think it was just to extend the role for Michael J. Fox. I'm sorry the man is suffering, truly, but then make the part relatable if you're going to give him a part.

I don't even like Wiley. I get that it's supposed to be cute that he's SO good, even with the kids running around getting into everything, but I find him kind of annoying.

Kalinda is just in all kinds of trouble.

#26 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

This show has turned from one that I used to look forward to seeing....into one that I just watch in the background if I've run out of other shows to watch already. I like it, but I don't love it. I'm just hoping they find their footing again and turn it back into a good show because otherwise, the ratings will keep falling and it'll get canceled. Ugh.

#27 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

I agree with the last few posts - the show seems to be running out of steam.  I'm not sure why they made Alicia the State's Attorney, since this means she won't be a lawyer anymore with the firm.  How are they going to keep all the characters together, when they're working at different places.  And now with the other lawyers trying to screw Alicia out of her stock in the company, is there going to be tension between her and the firm.  Is the show going to be more geared towards Alicia and the SA office?  Will they be able to keep Cary and Kalinda and the others in it?  I hope they're able to figure out how to keep it fresh and exciting - it's always been a favorite, but now not so much.