• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Prince of bel Air a very funny old show. The star of the show is Will Smith, who went to live with his uncle and their family. It is a really funny show, and repeats still air on TBS.

What do you think of this show?

#2 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Re; Different Strokes ; That whole Urkiel loves Laura was cute in the day, and there were times Laura actually looked like she was coming around. I miss the innocence of the show until Urkiel got with vampy Myra then all bets were off as were the gloves between the two of Urkiel's eye. There's got to be a reunion somewhere in there if by no other reason than to bring the kids together including Urkiel just to see how everyone is and to mourn those that passed on.

#3 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Will Smith acted brilliantly as the odd man out of the family with money in Prince of Bel Air.

I got the feeling even though Philip wasn't too pleased with the living arrangement he toned down substantially as Will worked on his stuffy attitude. I really liked Hilary even though she came off snooty at first, a woman of means and knows how to wield the plastic. Even so, she proved to be a strong minded woman when she had to be. Jeffrey was a cool butler and I would have loved to have him as mine. The rest of the cast had their moments, Carlton with his dance, Vivian (played by two actresses) and Ashley rounded out the cast beautifully. I was sorry to see the sitcom end, but, glad we have the ability to watch them online and channels that play retro sitcoms.

#4 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Was it the actress that played Laura that passed away a few years ago? So heartbreaking

Steve was too much for me to like, I liked Laura rebuffing his attempts over and over. I tend to dislike the caricature characters like Mr. Bean, Steve, Joey and so on

#5 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Was it the actress that played Laura that passed away a few years ago? So heartbreaking

Steve was too much for me to like, I liked Laura rebuffing his attempts over and over. I tend to dislike the caricature characters like Mr. Bean, Steve, Joey and so on

wow, i thought oh no, but I checked Kellie Shanygne Williams and from all accounts it was just a rumor and she's very much alive. She married self-employed businessman Hannibal Jackson in September of 2009 and had a baby girl Hannah Belle Jackson summer of 2010. Cool huh?

#6 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

wow, i thought oh no, but I checked Kellie Shanygne Williams and from all accounts it was just a rumor and she's very much alive. She married self-employed businessman Hannibal Jackson in September of 2009 and had a baby girl Hannah Belle Jackson summer of 2010. Cool huh?

Thank you for checking, I could kick myself right now. I don't know why I didn't do any fact checking when I heard the rumor. I have carried it with me all these years. What a relief

#7 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

It was the actress that played Myra who passed away. I didn't really like the "love story" so to speak, more than I liked Steve's antics and his classic phrase, Did I do that. Haha, that is hilarious!

#8 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I find Malcolm in the Middle to be pretty funny. There are some episodes that are hilarious, while there are others that are not so good. But if I had to pick between this show and some others, I wouldn't pick this because it always seems like something unfair is happening to someones, and the shows usually don't end on a happy note.

#9 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Everybody loves Raymond is pretty hilarious, and I would say it is one of the classic old shows, I have seen many of the episodes but don't currently watch it. What do you guys think about this show? Do you like it? Do you watch it a lot?

#10 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

I enjoy watching Brad Garret in most everything he does. He's got this dry Eeyore wit that is just wonderful but only in small doses. I can see Doris driving me nuts as a neighbor and mother-in-law from hell, she's everyone's worst nightmare. I like Peter (Doris's hubby), he's laid back funny and just fun to watch him in action. I loved the show, too bad it's not on anymore except online (here) or late night.

#11 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

I agree that this show was the height of dysfunctional family wise. Everything that could possibly go wrong to the members of this household did whether it was Lois's lack of modesty and constant screaming at the kids and hubby or Hal's lack of being a stand up guy and a coward, to Malcom's know-it-all attitude where he comes off smarter and better than everyone else, or Dewey's weird and odd way of looking at things, Reese's need to be a real trouble maker to Francis's constant hounding to come back home from Military School. Let's not forget the newest little guy Jamie who was like a Damien of the family.

#12 Gimgak

Gimgak

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

I love this show, used to watch it all the time. Really a bummer that they never released this on dvd, still kind of hoping they do.

#13 Gimgak

Gimgak

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Never really enjoyed this show much, dunno the humor just never really appealed to me.

#14 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, me either, the whining of Debra gets to me the droning on and the mother in laws nagging is just over the top. No wonder Raymond wants to escape his mom and his wife. Between the two, I'd be running away as much as I could.

#15 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

How is it for as long as they ran that we never knew what their last name was? I watched every episode, even the pilot and no last name. I just thought it was strange. I don't think there's any other show on TV where a family's last name wasn't revealed.

#16 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, me either, the whining of Debra gets to me the droning on and the mother in laws nagging is just over the top. No wonder Raymond wants to escape his mom and his wife. Between the two, I'd be running away as much as I could.

Frank annoys me more than the mother, who is also, like you said, nagging. And that is one of the reasons why I think the show is funny, but not hilarious or anything.

#17 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

I love this show, used to watch it all the time. Really a bummer that they never released this on dvd, still kind of hoping they do.

Well I googled it right away and found the complete first season on dvd. Maybe they have released some, but not all of the seasons?

#18 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

The Nanny is about a nanny (obviously) who goes to take care of the kids of a rich man whose wife is died. They may fall in love.

This show is kinda funny, with moments of funniness and episodes without really any hilariousness going on. (These words are made up....haha...)

Anyway, what do you guys think of this show? Do you like it? Do you watch it often?

#19 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

So I keep seeing this show from the 70s appear on different channels, Happy Days. Some people have told me it was very funny, but I didn't watch it because I don't want to come in the middle of the series and not know what is going on. What do you guys think about this show? Should I watch it?

#20 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Happy Days is not the type of show where there are run on story lines. Most shows like this started a story and 30 minutes later whatever happened during the show was finished or concluded by the end of the show, good or bad. There were 2 part shows usually at the end of one season carried to the next season but these can be watched online.