• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 Funke

Funke

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Anyone miss Wonderfalls here? Was such a cool show. Why do all the quality shows get cancelled fast and the rest run painlessly long? :(

Heck, many haven't even heard of this show. Love Jaye's character - I wish we had more TV shows with strong independent female characters like Wonderfalls. 

#42 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

I think the goofiness is what makes it so funny! I still love watching the old episodes. A lot of it is outdated,of course, but it's still funny! I think the earlier seasons were better than the last ones.

I did like the earlier seasons with Janet Hubert as Aunt Viv. One of my favorite scenes was when the aunt and uncle's college friend came to visit and tried to tell Jeffrey he was oppressed and he said "I tried freedom, Madam, I didn't like the health plan."

#43 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Prince of bel Air a very funny old show. The star of the show is Will Smith, who went to live with his uncle and their family. It is a really funny show, and repeats still air on TBS.

What do you think of this show?

I loved to watch this show whenever it came on TV, and dropped whatever I was doing to stay glued until it was over. I loved the show so much that I had the opening theme memorized and dorkily rapped along to the song. LoL Those were the days...

#44 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

The cancelled but not forgotten show for me is Frasier. It was one of the funniest things to ever air on television and I occasionally still watch the reruns in syndication. I think a lot of the episodes are just as hilarious after seeing them repeated a few times and I have not grown out of the show, unlike Seinfeld.

#45 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Prince of bel Air a very funny old show. The star of the show is Will Smith, who went to live with his uncle and their family. It is a really funny show, and repeats still air on TBS.

I loved to watch this show whenever it came on TV, and dropped whatever I was doing to stay glued until it was over. I loved the show so much that I had the opening theme memorized and dorkily rapped along to the song. LoL Those were the days...

I like the part of the opening when the basketball hits those tough guys? And they just pop up like..."who did that?!" "Where is he?"

#46 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Best parts of Fresh Prince were when Jazz was thrown out of the house by Uncle Phil. Oh...and Carlton's dancing.

Edited by NickJ, 05 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#47 mcb1180

mcb1180

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Did anyone watch Kyle XY? I really liked that show, and was very upset when I heart it was going to be canceled. I know it didn't have the greatest actors, but the story more than made up for that.

Oh and wat about The 4400! That was just great, and I still have so many questions I want answered. Would you take the promicen shot? (did I spell that right?)

And Heroes was another awesome show that was canceled way too soon, though I can understand how it happened. I will also admit to not looking the storyline of the last season.

What are your thoughts? Agree/disagree any other scifi type shows you want to add to it?

#48 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

I once interviewed a girl who cameoed on KyleXY for a few episodes. She was nice. Didn't care for those show too much though. I liked the 4400 just could never find time to see most of the episodes. Heroes was great but too much behind the scenes writer firing/hiring/shifting killed it.

#49 That1Girl

That1Girl

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Best parts of Fresh Prince were when Jazz was thrown out of the house by Uncle Phil. Oh...and Carlton's dancing.

It's not unusual to think Carlton's dancing was funny. Haha! :lol: It was always a favorite occurrence of mine. Is it weird that I still remember the lyrics to the opening rap??

I also agree with mcb1180 about Heroes. I looked forward to each episode like a chubby kid looks forward to cake, but the show kind of went off the rails for me. I wasn't surprised it ended up getting cancelled.

#50 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Freshprince was priceless and still loved. You can still start singing the beginning and people will join in. Hell, we got the Carlton dance from it as well as the dance to jump on it which kids still do today.

#51 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

The funny thing about The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is that Will Smith could not act at all when the show first started. If you watch the earlier episodes, you can really see it. I saw a bunch of interviews with other members of the cast a few years ago, and they talked about how Will Smith was such a bad actor and how hard it was to work with him the first season. Well, obviously he improved, since now he is one of the highest paid actors in hollywood now, lol. But this also really was a funny show, and Carlton used to make me laugh so much.

#52 MercyL

MercyL

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

I think I watched it twice.

I appreciate its bringing jobs to Black actors who, until quite recently, were never seen on television in leadership roles, or without a drug problem.

The show itself was pretty standard fare. The plots were predictable and could be used with almost any modern family. So, outside of the characters being Afro-American, the show was averaage. Not something I'd buy a DVD set for, and not a show I watch in reruns.

#53 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

The funny thing about The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is that Will Smith could not act at all when the show first started. If you watch the earlier episodes, you can really see it. I saw a bunch of interviews with other members of the cast a few years ago, and they talked about how Will Smith was such a bad actor and how hard it was to work with him the first season. Well, obviously he improved, since now he is one of the highest paid actors in hollywood now, lol. But this also really was a funny show, and Carlton used to make me laugh so much.

I know. But there is some bad blood there between the actors. Because there was a Fresh Prince event that happened back in 2011 I think. And the actress who played Aunt Vivian in the earlier episodes refused to show up, because Will Smith was attending. Apparently they don't like each other? Or she doesn't like him.

#54 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

How come they never seem to show any reruns of A Different World any more? I see The Cosby Show all the time, but never it's spinoff. 

I would also love to see old episodes of In Living Color again. Some of those skits were hilarious, even if the material is from 20 years ago. It would kind of be like a time capsule to see them again nowadays.

#55 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

How about Three's Company? We used to die laughing in high school the next day at that show. Too bad that Johnn Ridder is no longer here with us. He made the show and he was the highest paid actor on the show. 

Mrs. Roper: Her husband the superindent, maintenance and landlord of the apt. building; was never ready for her at night. Then why us Jack still living with two girls? Is he gay? or when is he going to get married and get an apt with his wife? As many times as Jack had to hide himself for the guests, was hysterical. then Mrs. Roper saying to the guests, Jack's my son because I didn't get any either.

When Suzanne Sommers joined the show for her character, Chrissie, that the bought to the screen. Chrissie was stupid. so Jack thought that he had to protect her all the time. Fascinating, funny and I had a blast watching this show.

#56 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

Oh man, I miss John Ritter, I knew his son is an actor but only recently discovered that his father was Tex Ritter!

#57 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

Despite the finale being a complete and utter flop for me, I really quite miss Desperate Housewives. It was always good for a joke here and there, and it was always good for making me laugh one of those nice deep brays of laughter, where you have to pause the TV show just to get the most out of the laugh? It didn't matter how serious the issues that they tackled were. It was still always funny hahaha!

#58 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Can anyone tell me anything about the show "Hostages" one of the networks here in Australia are fast-tracking it and I recently heard that it has been cancelled in the Us or is in it's last Season, something like that. Anyway I would appreciate any information as I am wondering if this show is worth watching. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but I was not sure where to post it. Cheers everyone, Jel

#59 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I really miss Reaper, Pushing Daisies, Firefly, Dead like me, Deadwood and Animal Practice. All this shows were amazing, and I never understood why they were cancelled. Last year they cancelled Terra Nova, what's up with that?

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Some of the shows that I miss ALREADY are Dexter and Breaking Bad. I know that they have only just ended and that they have not been cancelled for that long, but I loved those two god damn shows. I need other shows like these two in my life.