The Blacklist

TheBlacklist_EW_Dig.jpg?itok=6NhnhcsC

#2 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

Anyone watching? I loved the first season and was excited for the second to start back up. This season has been a bit less fun for me though so far. The villian of the week has changed a bit to where Red is no longer seeking out so much as he is reacting to a threat. The addition of Berlin as a foil to Red is a good touch.

Red no longer has a clear board to play on unopposed. We still aren't sure of Red's endgame or what he is even working towards other than seeking out his daughter to protect her from Berlin and his lackeys. I love that they did away with Lizzie's horrid wigs and are letting the actresses natural hair shine through. Those ratty mops she wore were sometimes distracting. Anyway I hope some others here are watching also so I can bounce some theories around and get some feedback. We get to find out next week what is behind that damn door. Can't wait!

#3 DiskC

DiskC

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

For the most part, it's a really great show. Last week, however, was a huge letdown. The side-storyline was interesting enough (government mind control), but it definitely felt like filler. The promo promised some development of the overarching plot, but the episode showed absolutely nothing. I typically don't watch the promos, but my friends told me that's common with NBC. Does anyone know how many episodes this season will have? I got hooked overnnight and binged season 1. I love that Mary Louise Parker is a recurring character, too. I'd watch just about anything with her in it.

Edited by DiskC, 25 October 2014 - 10:05 AM.

#4 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

It will have 22 episodes total just like last season. I was yelling at the TV last week when Lizzie again let a criminal escape because of her indecision. If she had just shot the cult leader the deaths he caused would have been prevented. I love/hate this show because of some of the situations they get in and the actions they think are justified. If the show ever loses Red it will tank like a stone. The overall mystery of the show and Red's agenda keeps me watching though.

#5 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

I am watching this picture as I type. I never got too into it but I stumbled on it tonight while trying to find the Voice. I saw so much bloodshed in the last 15 minutes it left me speechless. Is that someone in a tub of blood? It's the last episode before the finale? I hope what I am seeing is not many series behind you guys.

This show has my attention. I am going to back track and try to make sense of what I saw tonight.

#6 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

I am watching this picture as I type. I never got too into it but I stumbled on it tonight while trying to find the Voice. I saw so much bloodshed in the last 15 minutes it left me speechless. Is that someone in a tub of blood? It's the last episode before the finale? I hope what I am seeing is not many series behind you guys.

This show has my attention. I am going to back track and try to make sense of what I saw tonight.

Yeah you may want to go back and catch up with the first season before you try and dive in.

Last nights episode was pretty good, but the overall story this season is just lacking. I was not really shocked that Lizzie had Tom chained in the basement. I was hoping she had been torturing him or something and had gotten all dark on us, but there was Tom healthy and unshaven. Peter Fonda was a pretty good guest star even though his character was a bit hollow. I liked that we got to see some of Dembe's backstory. He is like an adopted son to Red which finally explains the loyalty he has. I think he is under used as a character and has great potential. Hoping next weeks reveal is more spectacular than this weeks was. I was really hoping for a bigger twist.

#7 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

I thought learning more about Dembe was great. I knew he was special, but I had no idea what his actual circumstances were. It was so touching when he didn't want Red to kill the bad guy. I really like his character a lot. I'm curious to see what develops with Tom. I never liked him.

#8 kendra101a

kendra101a

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

Loved learning about Dembe's background. He is my favorite character. I'd been hoping Tom was behind Lizzie's locked door and was pleasantly surprised to find that I was right. Very curious to see what happens with him next. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Red's guy that was watching Lizzie. At least I hope not. I'm kind of a fan of where his and Lizzie's relationship could go. 

#9 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

I thought learning more about Dembe was great. I knew he was special, but I had no idea what his actual circumstances were. It was so touching when he didn't want Red to kill the bad guy. I really like his character a lot. I'm curious to see what develops with Tom. I never liked him.

Same here. I hate that we didn't get to learn more about Luli Zheng, his asian bodyguard and money manager. She was hot and looked like she would have had a very interesting back story to delve into. Hopefully we will see more of Dembe actually doing something other than just standing behind Red and scowling all the time. LOL I hate it is on hiatus now. I have always hated the mid-season hiatus that TV takes right when the story is getting great.

#10 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

This weeks episode was mehhhh. Lizzie fell for what I saw as a trick right off the bat and then used an unsecure landline to call her boss about a possible threat. I get that time was of the essence here, but I am paranoid and would have asked for my own phone and wouldn't have blurted out the name of the person who is a possible target over an unsecured line. Don't agencies have a policy in effect where they say I am on an unsecure line? Then when she catches the guy red handed only a few feet away she runs away when the shooting starts and hides. I would have shot the guy and then ran. She is a crappy shot to be an agent also. The only redeeming factor in this show was the peek into Meera's backstory and the reveal at the end with Red.

#11 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

I feel mostly the same about this episode, Askanison. You pretty much summed it all up. It kills me when they seem to purposely let the bad guys get away, and yeah, that phone call was just stupid.

I like Red's character though, and James Spader does it so well.

I did like the end reveal too. This could lead to some interesting things...

Edited by Zyni, 07 November 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#12 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

I feel mostly the same about this episode, Askanison. You pretty much summed it all up. It kills me when they seem to purposely let the bad guys get away, and yeah, that phone call was just stupid.

I like Red's character though, and James Spader does it so well.

I did like the end reveal too. This could lead to some interesting things...

Same here, I was like "Well they said Red would drop a bombshell tonight and that one was huge!" I wonder how this will effect how Berlin is going to continue to act towards the agency and Red. They were building up Berlin as a major bad guy, but if Red didn't kill his daughter then he would have no reason to continue hunting Red and Lizzie. I didn't think Berlin was going to be Red's endgame though to begin with. I hope they just don't shake hands on go one their merry ways though either. The show is plauged with bad writing and that would be icing on the cake if he just gave up. He realy has no motivation to keep going after them though now.

#13 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

Whoa! I didn't think they were really going to let Alan blow up. Eww.

That changes things. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Can someone just shoot Tom, please? Like for real this time.

#14 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

I still have a hard time with what Lizzie did with Tom. I know this guy is a real jerk and a con man at that.  But she went as far as breaking the law hereself when she chained him up and locked him up.  I thnk the stress of what she has been dealing with since Red entered her life is getting the better of her.  The fact that she is making some pretty stupid mistakes lately for an FBI agent kind of points to her falling apart.  At least I hope it does and this just isnt' some stupid plot point.  I too am happy that Megan Boone is no longer wearing those wigs.  What was the point of these anyway, the actress has beautiful hair, why cover it up.

#15 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

Has anyone seen the latest or did everyone give up on the Blacklist since the wait for a new episode has been so long? I just caught the latest.

I really hate it when they let so much time lapse. I feel like I need to go back and watch a couple of old episodes before watching the new. In some cases, I lose interest completely if they wait too long between, even if I really liked the show. If too much time passes, you just don't care any more sometimes.

Did that happen here?

#16 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

That we should meet again like this Zyni. As I type I am watching the picture but I have no clue what exactly is going on. It was action packed a few minute ago. I don't even know the names but I am seeing one of my guys from Sons of Anarchy. I am watching on NBC. Is this a current thing? It feels like I am always behind and there is no fun in that. My guy from Sons of Anarchy is alive and seems to be in the drivers seat tonight :) .

Edited by Silverfox, 05 February 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#17 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

Ah, yes, Silver. It seems Clay is Luther tonight. Nice to see you again. :)

While each episode of this show can be watched on its own, there is an underlying story as well. It can get confusing if you aren't caught up, because you don't know the details of the underlying story that's been playing out over the course of the show.

#18 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Ah, yes, Silver. It seems Clay is Luther tonight. Nice to see you again. :)

While each episode of this show can be watched on its own, there is an underlying story as well. It can get confusing if you aren't caught up, because you don't know the details of the underlying story that's been playing out over the course of the show.

I get that it can be confusing if you don't see the underlying story. The action held me last night and I have to say seeing Red shooting people and all bloodied looked weird almost funny to me. I have always associated him with smooth and deadly talk. Talk only. My first introduction to him was in the series where he was a lawyer. This new role will take a little getting used to.

#19 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

Yes, that was my first introduction to James Spader as well. On the series Boston Legal which he did with William Shatner.  On the show he was a bit cut throat but in a different way.  On The Blacklist as Red he is also a cut throat literally.  I have to say its a different type of role for Spader but he does rise to the occasion.  He has the ability to play such a ruthless man yet still have viewers actually liking him.  I think that takes a great deal of talent to pull off. I just wish that Megan Boone got as much credit as Spader does for this show.  I think that sometimes Spader gets more ecalades then she does and yet she is his main co-star who contributes to the over all show in general.

#20 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

That's very true. I think of Spader as the slick lawyer as well, but I really like him in this part (and I can't stand William Shatner).

It's weird how he can be so cold and ruthless, shooting someone without flinching, and then turn warm, caring eyes on Lizzy. I do think that's why viewers can still like him. There is something warm deep down that keeps him from being a monster. I love how he took in Dembe. That story was so touching.

The weekly stories are pretty good, but I'm more interested in the underlying story. I want to know what happened when Lizzie was little. I think he killed her father and that's why he's taken her under his wing, but I don't know. And, didn't they say that the man she calls her father wasn't her bio dad? So, I guess Red could still possibly be her father, though that seems unlikely. I think wanting to know that is what really keeps me watching.