• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

I love this show; it's too bad that it got canceled, but the finale was amazing. I think they knew that things were coming to an end, and it culminated in one of the best series finales for a comedy that I've ever seen. Even though the episode count was pretty sporadic, seven seasons is really impressive for a show that's been (unfairly) ignored by a lot of people. It's one of those shows that I can watch reruns of and never get bored and I'm glad they went out on a high note.

#2 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

They barely marketed it at all. I really only watched it because it came on after another show I watched, but by the last season I was consciously planning to watch the show every week. It was hard to keep track of because they kept moving it around on the schedule. Still, I'd say it was a very successful show considering how little it was advertised, but went for seven seasons anyway.

#3 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I know the first or second season was exceptionally short for some reason. That said, it was more like 6 seasons, which is still really good. I think if it had premiered this season it would have been canceled by now. They cancel far too many good shows nowadays. If it weren't for all the competition and reality garbage, there'd be a lot more good, scripted shows.

#4 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I have really enjoyed watching this serial for all the 5 seasons and now it is reviving mid-season. only 7 episodes of season 6 has been screened. Waiting for it to start again.

I like the way the characters interacts with each other absolutely effortless and soothing to the eyes.

I like the way David Spade portrays the character of Russell Dunbar.

Jeff, Audrey, Jennifer, Adam, Timmy everyone rocks the show....

Cheers to them....and all the very best...

Comments are welcome...

#5 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

I like the show and want it to start again. I quite enjoy the conversations between Russell and Timmy, Jeff and Russell.

#6 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Soooooo glad that it is re-started. Was really saddened by the mid-season haitus to to Rob's idiotic show. Hope ROE has not lost its charms :)

#7 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

I have revisited this show and have been enjoying watching all of the previous seasons on Netflix. ( I had my own marathon) Its just another show I am sorry that I didn't give a chance in the beginning. Anyone know when the new season is starting???

#8 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

I have re-watched this series SO many times on Netflix.... LOL. I absolutely love this show! It never stops being hilarious, no matter how many times you watch it. I think Timmy might be one of my favorite characters. I even like that I can sit down with my husband and we can BOTH enjoy this show together.

#9 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have re-watched this series SO many times on Netflix.... LOL. I absolutely love this show! It never stops being hilarious, no matter how many times you watch it. I think Timmy might be one of my favorite characters. I even like that I can sit down with my husband and we can BOTH enjoy this show together.

I couldn't agree with you more. Watching it more than once is very easy. I also agree about Timmy. The series was starting to get boring until he came around....

#10 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

So sad t see this one go. I really am. I just discovered it. It was a really good one. I really think they could have marketed this show better.    could never figure out when it was actually on. The title also didn't help matters. It was a great show and will be greatly missed....

#11 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

They barely marketed it at all. I really only watched it because it came on after another show I watched, but by the last season I was consciously planning to watch the show every week. It was hard to keep track of because they kept moving it around on the schedule. Still, I'd say it was a very successful show considering how little it was advertised, but went for seven seasons anyway.

Yeah, imagine how far it could have gone if they actually marketed it properly. Well like you said.... 7 seasons is nothing to be ashamed of, thats for sure.

#12 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

I loved this show . The best character on the show was Timmy. I was really hopeing the show would focus on him more. I wanted to see hm break away form Russel and make it big.

What ever happened to  Jeff and Audry" plans to have a baby? It seems like the just droped that story Line.

#13 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

I agree that the Rules of Engagement was a charming show and had a natural, easy humor and good chemistry between the actors. I still watch it in reruns.

#14 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

I loved this show . The best character on the show was Timmy. I was really hopeing the show would focus on him more. I wanted to see hm break away form Russel and make it big.

What ever happened to  Jeff and Audry" plans to have a baby? It seems like the just droped that story Line.

I always rooted for Timmy too. Some of the things that Russell did to him were pretty nasty and unfair. Timmy was a lot smarter than him and deserved a better job.  I have yet to see the finale so I don't know what happened with any of the characters.

Edit: I looked up the finale on the internet and Russell and Timmy's ending is weird but funny.

Edited by TVismyfriend, 24 December 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#15 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

I always enjoyed watching this show. I never set out to follow it religiously but I find myself stopping to watch it whenever I see it's on TV. Jeff is hilarious! I love Adam too, he makes me laugh a lot.

#16 shadowhisper42

shadowhisper42

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

When this series first aired, I never paid much attention to it; but lately since I  have at&t u-verse where you can record shows using the dvr, I make sure I never miss an episode. 

#17 wulfman

wulfman

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

David Spade brings a charm to any show. I really loved him in 'Just Shoot Me'. Did he win any Emmy Awards for his portrayal as Dennis Finch ? If he didn't then that is cruel because he deserved at least a couple during the show's 9 season run. Rules of Engagement is not as good but definitely worth watching. I watch reruns of season 5. Are they still airing new episodes ?