• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Any comparisons between Charlie Sheen and Ashton Kutcher???

I personally enjoyed watching Sheen as Charlie and got so used to him that I just cannot watch the show anymore. Tried to coax myself to watching it but just could not. Hard pill to swallow !!

Quite saddened by it. Hope Sheen is re-introduced into the show.

#2 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Ashton is hot but Charlie is just out of this world as Charlie Harper.

Walden Schmidt you have very very big shoes to fill in. All the very best.

#3 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

Sheen was the core of the show. Ashton has not being able to get the same sort of reaction.

Jon has out-performed himself in every way possible. I cant even imagine a person living like Jon.

Jake is a completely dumb kid. But all in all its a lovely show.

#4 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have enjoyed all the seasons of this show and continue to do so even without Sheen. In my mind I have made it out to be a new show without Sheen and with Kutcher. And as a matter of fact I just looooove Kutcher, he is such a sweet, innocent boy.

#5 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I watched the first two shows starring Kutcher and I thought they were good as "pilots" go with any new character. Kutcher is incredibly funny and is just dumbstruck enough that he pulls off the character. I think many are still smarting from the quick kill off of Sheen's character and yes, he was one of the major characters but, the point is, the show went on without him because of his actions, right or wrong. People, including actors need to know consequences happen when you misbehave even IF you're a well-known celeb.

#6 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

I watched the first two shows starring Kutcher and I thought they were good as "pilots" go with any new character. Kutcher is incredibly funny and is just dumbstruck enough that he pulls off the character. I think many are still smarting from the quick kill off of Sheen's character and yes, he was one of the major characters but, the point is, the show went on without him because of his actions, right or wrong. People, including actors need to know consequences happen when you misbehave even IF you're a well-known celeb.

WINNING!

#7 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I totally agree that everyone is responsible for their own actions but did Chuck Lorre go overboard killing off Charlie Harper on the show?? Is there any chance of a revival of Sheen as another character on the show as I believe Sheen was the glue which held all the characters together.

Right now 2&HM feels like some new show. Even the ratings prove that right.

#8 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I have to agree with TVFool on this one, actors need to know their actions have consequences.

Charlie Sheen may have been the glue that held all the characters together but his character's demise didn't hurt the show, there is no need for the show's reactor to bring him back. The show doesn't need him

I am neither a fan of Chuck Lorre nor Charlie Sheen, the former comes off as a sexiest pig. Charlie is a wreck but CL is not that much better

#9 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I can not stand Charlie Sheen. But he is so much better on the show than Ashton is. I will not watch it anymore with Ashton. He just does not do half as good of a job as Charlie did on this.

#10 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

I can not stand Charlie Sheen. But he is so much better on the show than Ashton is. I will not watch it anymore with Ashton. He just does not do half as good of a job as Charlie did on this.

I haven't kept up with how they are doing ratings wise but they were on an upward trend the last time I checked. It seems you are in the minority :)

#11 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I haven't kept up with how they are doing ratings wise but they were on an upward trend the last time I checked. It seems you are in the minority :)
I do not mind being in the minority. I am sure that many people do watch it because of Ashton, and he is quite popular. But I much prefer Charlie on the show, and it just is not the same without him. Even though I think that Charlie Sheen is a puke, I loved him on this show.

#12 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

I have to truthful and admit that I haven't seen a single episode since Charlie left the show. I can't really review it or comment on it with certainty except to say that I'm almost positive I wouldn't like it. For one, Charlie and his drunken antics really made the show. He was effing hilarious. Some of my favorite episodes were ones when Charlie was totally bombed out of his gourd.

Two, I don't know if it's just me, but there's something a little unsettling watching a man who started his career by being the 'dumb friend' and the moron who loses his car to a guy strutting around oddly resembling Jesus.....just gives me the shivers thinking about it.

#13 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

They had no other way I think of introducing a brand new character after offing such a mega star of the show. I think they were caught with a problem and, in a short amount of time came up with something believable or plausible. They couldn't have known beforehand whether or not the back story involving Ashton's character would resonate with the fans of the show.

#14 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Same here, Ashton can try his best but Charlie was perfect for that job (to play a drinking, parting Casanova who is changing ladies like a gloves :P) I think he was perfect to play that role only because, in his private life, he is exactly like that :P, so it was not that much of a challenge for him :)

#15 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Same here, Ashton can try his best but Charlie was perfect for that job (to play a drinking, parting Casanova who is changing ladies like a gloves :P) I think he was perfect to play that role only because, in his private life, he is exactly like that :P, so it was not that much of a challenge for him :)

He was one of the highest paid actors on television for playing himself.

The entertainment industry is so fucked up!

#16 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

He was one of the highest paid actors on television for playing himself.

The entertainment industry is so fucked up!

It's twisted as hell indeed :D but that wasn't his only role he was "playing himself". He also played, disturbed, sex addict (or ladies man :P) in last two seasons of 'Spin City' which personally, I enjoyed more then 'Two and a half men'. Still isn't that a perfect job to be yourself and earn a lot of money :D

#17 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Having watched most of the episodes from all of the season of Two & a Half Men, I really enjoy the new ones with Ashton Kutcher more than I ever liked the ones with Charlie Sheen. I don't think that any actor is ever irreplaceable on TV and Charlie learned that the hard way.

#18 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Not a Kutcher fan at all. How cool for Sheen to really play a character so close to his real problems in life. Maybe he should have learned something from the show.

#19 Filigurl

Filigurl

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

As much as I don't really like Charlie Sheen as a person, I think he was made for Two and a Half Men. It's definitely not the same without him. I can't seem to warm to Ashton in it.

#20 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

I do not understand the show at all without Sheen in it, for us its something we watched but never caught a single set of a season in a row. I guess it was a minor show for us to watch (compared to others) but neither of us like the replacement in any role let alone this one.