• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#21 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

I do think that Two and a Half Men feels like a different show without Charlie Sheen, but not necessarily in a bad way. I know a lot of people don't really like Ashton Kutcher, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. That 70s Show is one of my all-time favorite shows, and I've generally been an Ashton Kutcher fan even since it came out. My main concern is Jake, who has become incredibly uninteresting and generally boring. It doesn't help that the actor who portrays him is about as incompetent as his character, if not more so.

#22 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

My husband and I both like Charlie Sheen better. I do agree his life style in real life is pretty selfish , but I love him on Two and a Half men. It's just not the same with out him.

#23 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

I agree and think Charlie for more or less playing 'himself' on both Spin City and Two and a Half Men. The latter just isn't the same without him and I've never been a Kutcher fan.

#24 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Any word on if this is being cancelled yet? I can't stand it anymore and Ashton coming in just ruined it all. He is trying the best he can but it just became too absurd and annoying to follow. Oh some random dude lives in his dead brother's house with a billionaire...it sounds like something that I should be watching at a Friday night improv show.

They blew it by canning Charlie Sheen and this showing is going down the tubes faster than my morning bowel movement.

#25 bsge11

bsge11

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

I really miss Charlie Sheen on the show. His character really made the show a true success. Jon Cryer and the kid are also funny, but only when there around Charlie. Charlie Harper had the right amount of funniness to the series, especially his vulgarity and expressions.

#26 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Is anyone keeping up with Charlie Sheen?

Is he WINNING somewhere?

#27 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

I didn't even record/watch the first episode of the new season. It interfered with some other things being recorded and if it doesn't make the DVR one week then it is usually written off...bye bye 2 1/2 Men and hello...well I don't really remember what else was on but it is better than this show.

I do feel bad though because I like Jon Cryer a lot and he still cracks me up...maybe this will be a Hulu show and I will watch when I am bored.

#28 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Is anyone keeping up with Charlie Sheen?

Is he WINNING somewhere?

He got a 100 episode deal for his new show, "Anger Management." It has been kind of hit or miss. The first episode drew a lot of viewers and poked fun at Two and Half Men without naming names.

I am a little surprised it got so many episodes because the ratings were hit or miss...the first 2 episodes we up and then the rest of the season saw either huge drops or small gains...it was very topsy turvy.

#29 workhomeunion

workhomeunion

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Two and a Half Men is dying a slow death. Jake is not as funny as he was when he was small, and the friendship of him and his pothhead friend has gotten old, fast. Charlie Sheen made the show what it was, he made the show popular. Since he's not been on the show, looks like they have phased Rose out of the show too, and that's not good.

They will never bring him back, it's a pride thing, that's why they killed his character from the beginning of the new show. Aston Kutcher and his role as a dim-witted, ecentric millionaire just doesn't fly. Too bad, it was once one of the best sitcoms on the air.

#30 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

According to TV by the numbers, the ratings are doing better than never before

#31 SC212

SC212

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

I used to watch it when Charlie Sheen was part of it, but I continue watching it now too. Even though Ashton Kutcher it's not as good as him, he is not so bad after all and Two and a half man's fans will take some time to get used to it.

However, I think they have gone to far with Alan now, he is very freaky when it comes to sex.

#32 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

I always liked two and a half men, but I admit that it was starting to get a bit boring. I mean Charlie was with so many different people that they were starting to re-use the same actresses but introducing them as a different character. Even Walden's now ex wife was a re-cycled actress from previous episodes. So, I wasn't too upset to see Charlie leave and Walden appear. Its kind of like a whole new show. Kind of like a spin off. I think it has actually given it new life.

#33 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Charlie Sheen is just incomparable with Ashton. I was devastated when he left the show but I guess its his fault anyway. We all have to move on and Ashton's doing a pretty good job although it's not the same with Sheen.

#34 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

The problem here is as good of an actor as Kutcher is, he never stood a chance. He will always be seen as the fill in guy no matter how good he is. But I don't blame Warner Bros for firing Sheen. He deserved it. And he thought they couldn't do the show without him.

Yeah, the show isn't the same or as good. But guess what? Life still moved on without you Sheen. And the worst part is, Sheen's new show is already verging on cancellation.

#35 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Oh oh oh. Hot diggity dog!!! They finally brought back ole crazy Rose. Now we are talking some good tv folks. She is so great on this show. I missed her and I am so glad she is back.

#36 blackout23

blackout23

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Ashton just doesn't hold a good character in an older role. I think one of the reasons is due to the way everyone looks at him from that 70's show. People just can't get over that character and allow him to go to a new show with a different comedic approach.

#37 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Ashton just doesn't hold a good character in an older role. I think one of the reasons is due to the way everyone looks at him from that 70's show. People just can't get over that character and allow him to go to a new show with a different comedic approach.

I don't know. Walden kind of seems what Kelso would have grown up to be, and adult kid. He dresses and acts very much the same. Now that he dumped Crazy Rose, I am sure her revenge attempts will be entertaining. She always is.

#38 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I used to watch it when Charlie Sheen was part of it, but I continue watching it now too. Even though Ashton Kutcher it's not as good as him, he is not so bad after all and Two and a half man's fans will take some time to get used to it.

However, I think they have gone to far with Alan now, he is very freaky when it comes to sex.

Yeah, Alan is really out there now.

But to be fair, he has to be now. With Sheen gone, Alan's role is more important than ever. Kutcher actually does good for the show. Sheen was only better because the show was originally designed FOR him. One man can't fill another man's shoes as they say. But I don't blame Warner Bros for trying.

Sheen deserved to be fired.

#39 SkyTech6

SkyTech6

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I thought it was quite strange when they continued the show after Charlie was fired due to the sheer fact the show was created by Sheen was it not? But more on point....

Charlie Sheen was an amazing actor for this show and still my local channels only show episodes with him in them over and over which I don't mind at all because they are all a joy to watch and barely ever get funny. Although I do like the ones when Jake is a little older.

Ashton Kutcher? He is really funny there is no doubt about it. Although professionally the fact he left HIS show for SHEEN's show seems unethical and leaving it to Justin Bieber is just sad.

Also I've heard recently that the kid who plays Jake has been fired for posting a youtube video about how Two and a Half Men is the devil and he hates working for it. So is that the end for Two and a Half Men? No, they play to replace him with Hanna Montana girl.

#40 tranquility

tranquility

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

The show might have been better with Charlie, but I don't think it was enjoyable by the time he left anyway. Every episode was extremely predictable, the originality was pretty much gone. Same is going on with Ashton right now. However, one of the reasons they put a character like Ashton on the show is I believe to try and make the show more female-friendly. I mean, come on. A smart and handsome billionaire who is inventively funny in his own goofy way and actually has more interest in long term relationships and commitment versus a guy who drinks booze like water and has a new woman every night, who he treats like garbage. I think they might be trying to win over a different type of audience here. 

Still, almost every episode is a banality, and in many cases an unrealistic one. I don't think the show should go on for much longer. 

Edited by tranquility, 11 May 2013 - 10:11 AM.