• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#41 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

He can do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't badmouth the network and the show's creators. That's where they draw the line, and that's why he got sacked.

#42 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I agree that the show isn't the same; in fact, it's kind of an entirely different atmosphere. I don't mind that, though, personally. I've always liked Ashton Kutcher for some reason, and while Waldon is nowhere near as interesting as Kelso was, I still find the show entertaining.

#43 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm not sad to see Jake go at all. He lost his appeal after he went through puberty. Seeing him turn into a womanizer like Charlie was kind of funny, but only as a minor plot detail. They can't carry the show and his character with that persona. Plus, the fact that the actor is as big an idiot as his character kind of ruins it for me.

#44 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

I just find it ironic that a show about a guy who drinks too much, does too many drugs, is a sex addict and likely to use hookers happened to fire their actor for drinking too much, doing too many drugs, being a sex addict who uses hookers.

#45 XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

I have watched this show a few times, when it still had charlie sheen in it and I cant imagine any other actor taking over that role. I dont mind Ashton just would be different watching this show without sheen. Nothing personal though. I hate when shows or movies replace characters, they did that with Underworld. <_<

#46 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

I used to watch 2 and a half men all the time when Charlie Sheen was on it, and i loved the show. I tried to give it a chance when Ashton came on the show, I really did, since I actually like his work. But I just could not get into it. It was not the same. And besides that, the way they wrote Charle off the show was absoulutely stupid. And then you bring in Ashton, who buys the house but lets this random guy and his kid stay there. It just made no sense! So I just stopped watching it. I walked away and never looked back.

#47 tierapatt50

tierapatt50

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Once they kicked Sheen off the show the show became dull. To bring someone else in even if it was Aston was just not smart because Charlie was the main part of the show. All his womanizing and issues with his mother was the funniest part of the show and also seeing Alan become more of a leech but seeing them all grow. Sometimes I care what happens to Jake but I mostly liked Charlie.

#48 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Only watching a few episodes, I too found Charlie Sheen very funny. I also enjoy Ashton Kutcher, but I don't think he was as good, as Charlie. I am surprised the show is still going on without him. Hopefully Charlie will come out with another great comedy. 

#49 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

I've recently started watching the show. I've seen the old episodes with Charlie and the new episodes with Ashton. Even though Ashton's doing a good job, I prefer Charlie the best, some of the best episodes came with him in it. As for the show, since Angus is leaving and they're bringing in a new girl, who's supposedly Charlie's long-lost daughter, I expect this will probably be it's last season.

#50 Realitytv

Realitytv

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

I agree with you so much. I like Charlie Sheen and he knows he's hot. Americans love that charming man who have a lot of domestic problems. He's a charming comedy actor. I really like him in the show and no one can replace him. I do not like Kutcher one bit and I think he's horrible on the show and they need to bring Charlie back. Charlie is the man. He just make the show a classic. Ten years from now you look back, you would wish to see Charlie and not Kutcher. 

#51 4justice

4justice

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

I don't see this sho lasting. And although I do miss Charlie on the show, I don't blame Warner Bros for firing him at all. If anything, it shows that no matter how big you are, the show can and will go on. Yeah, the show isn't as good without him, but it's still here.

#52 twistedyees8787

twistedyees8787

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Alan Harper is the only one keeping this show alive.  His cheap attitude to go along with his crazy antics make it worth watching even though I almost shut it off.

#53 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

I was actually buying back into the show with Ashton on board.....but now that Angus is leaving, I really don't have confidence that they are going to be able to pull off another season after this one.... lesbian lost child or not. 

#54 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

I don't understand how this show is still managing to go on when 2 of the 3 main leads have left it!

I agree it's not completely bad, but come on compared to what it was it is nothing in its current state!

And now bringing a daughter they are changing the whole dynamics again...might as well name it 2 men and 1 girl...

#55 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

I was actually surprised how well the show works with Ashton! I though when they fired Charlie it would all be over but I still enjoy watching this, though I do have to agree that the way they wrote off Charlie was so very weak. Now with Angus leaving... does NOT look good but maybe they can pull it off. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what happens.

#56 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

I too cannot get used to Ashton Kutcher as the Charlie replacement. I wish they would bring back Charlie Sheen as I enjoyed the show far more with him in it. However; I think that the guy who plays Alan is a really talented actor and probably the most talented of the entire cast. The character of Bertha is pretty awesome too, and she plays the part so well. Jon Cryer is amazing as Alan though and I believe he also directed a couple of episodes too. I also hear that Jake is long gone too, however he is seen via Skype on the show as the character joined the army. I have not watched it at all since the first season without Charlie Sheen and given that I had every single DVD and was watching them all the time when I needed a laugh, the Ashton Kutcher episodes really don't do much for me. I am surprised it is still on the air, did it get a renewal for the 2013-2014 season, which would be season 11 if I am correct? That mean Charlie has been gone now for 3 seasons, it does not feel like that long.

#57 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yes the new season is starting in September. I'll most definitely start watching it again, I hope they manage to keep it interesting.

#58 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

The show  is just not as funny without Charlie. Now that jake is gone I think we need more Berta. She really brings the laughs. What about the story line about Alan being the real father of Judith's daughter. They should revisit that one, it would be fun to see how Alan would handle having to deal with Judith for another 18+ years .

#59 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

The show  is just not as funny without Charlie. Now that jake is gone I think we need more Berta. She really brings the laughs. What about the story line about Alan being the real father of Judith's daughter. They should revisit that one, it would be fun to see how Alan would handle having to deal with Judith for another 18+ years .

Definitely agreed on more Berta! Bringing in new characters is always a bit risky, especially when they are brought in to fill gaps. And there, already in the show since the very beginning, we have a super hilarious character that we barely see.

#60 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I watched the show with Charlie sheen and I will say he was very funny. I have not watched many episodes with Ashoton Kutcher. I think he is a very funny actor too, but it just is not the same as the old shows.