• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Scooby Doo is a classic mystery cartoon, about a dog and his friends trying to find out the identity of monsters.

This is one of the best cartoons of all time, the older ones and the ones from the early 2000's are really good. The new ones aren't good at all, because they tried to add a storyline to the show, which took out the funniness from the show. And in the new one they took out some of the classic Scooby things, like would you do it for a scooby snack? You just can't take that saying away from scooby doo and expect it to still be good haha :)

So what do you think about Scooby Doo?

#2 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Another great, classic cartoon show is Looney Tunes. I really like the cartoon ones from the second half of the 20th century, Bugs Bunny and company are hilarious. The new ones are ok, they aren't as good as the old ones but are still funny.

So what do you think about the new and old Looney Tunes shows?

#3 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Best. Cartoon. Show. Ever.

I love this show! It is show hilarious, and all of the characters are funny! The funniest character of all though is definitely King Julien, he is always saying the most silly things and is always acting crazy! I also really like Mort's character. I have seen all of the episodes more than one time, in fact I think I have seen most of them more than 4 or 5 times!

Do you watch this show? What do you think about it?

#4 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Two ladies that work in a Milwaukee Wisconsin fictitious "Shotz Brewery" living as roommates in a basement apartment.

I really loved this show, starring Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams. It originally was a spin off from Happy Days and there were plenty of cross over appearances from several characters during the 8 seasons it ran on TV.
Even though the actual show aired from 1979-1983, the show stepped back briefly in time to 1959 to about 1965 or so when poodle hoop skirts, tight fitting sweaters, slick shiny hair and motorcycles were the rage. Lavern was the cynic to Shirley's perkiness and this made for a great female version of the odd couple. Did you like the show? Who were your favorite characters in the series?

#5 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Another of my favorite shows I get to watch every so often on a retro channel in my area. It airs late unfortunately, but when I remember I catch the episodes every chance I get. I loved the differences between the girls, Lavern's more street wise and experienced than Shirley's child like innocence who's a bit more optimistic than Lavern is. Sometimes the things that are endearing drive each other crazy but it's all good clean fun.

#6 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Scooby and Shaggy is the best man-dog friends there can ever be. How they are the ones who always tend to solve the mystery cases. Love the theme song been ages now. I have stopped watching it due to time constraints but due catch a glimpse or two whenever the kids are watching it.

#7 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

The saying 'Old is Gold' holds true for almost all the cartoons specifically the last three decades of 20th century.

The Looney Tunes will forever be special as I have fond memories of stuff happening all around the house when the show was on. When eight kids are watching Looney Tunes together there ought to be memories. How I miss those childhood days.

#8 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hey thanks for the information. I have been longing to watch a new show and now I will. Will share my review once I watch it.

Did enjoy watching the penguins in the Madagascar movies.

#9 flame

flame

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I am a massive fan of road runner and wylie coyote. I also loved the martian character in looney toons.

what do people thing of some of the more "manga" type cartoons - yu-gi-oh and pokemon and stuff?

#10 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Nobody's mentioned Tom and Jerry?

Shame on all of you :)

#11 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I am a massive fan of road runner and wylie coyote. I also loved the martian character in looney toons.

what do people thing of some of the more "manga" type cartoons - yu-gi-oh and pokemon and stuff?

To be very upfront I dont like pokemon and other new stuff being made these days.

However, I do enjoy the animated movies - Kung-Fu Panda, Madagascar, Ice Age etc..

My favorite cartoon of all time has to be Tom & Jerry. I dont even remember when I started watching it but I still try and catch it whenever it is on or played o demand :)

I am pretty sure no one will disagree when I say that Tom & Jerry is the only show which has entertained at least 3 generations in a family over the years.

Kudos to Tom & Jerry !

#12 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Tom & Jerry is my all time favourite too. The way they fight is just so awesome. Till date I have never ever seen the face of the old lady where Tom & Jerry stays.

I even liked Dexter's Laboratory, Richie Rich, Flintsones, Jetsons, Duck Tales and of course Powerpuff Girls.

#13 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

When I was young, one of my favorite is The Jungle Book, it has a fascinating story of Mowgli who lived in the jungle together with the animals he considered as family. It shows how we should value the rights of the animals for they are sometimes more caring than a human in terms of family and friends. Even the wildest of animals can loves its offspring the way some humans failed to do. The story do make sense and have great moral lessons.

As for Scooby Doo, it's also one of the cartoons that made me laugh out loud! I like its mysterious settings and episodes about ghosts, goblins, monsters etc, but in the end it always turned out to be something fitted in the realm such as criminals pretending to be a goblins and more. The story and the characters are well created thus making Scooby Doo the favorite of kids and kids at heart.

#14 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Many people confuse Anime with Manga and it's a bit different. Manga is mostly on paper (think comic books) and Anime is animated in Japanese. Pokemon wasn't the first to come from Japan actually, as afar back as the mid 1960's and even before that, Anime was on US airwaves. Speed Racer comes to mind. My son was heavily into the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh franchises while I was into Speed Racer as a child.

#15 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

The Looney Tunes will always be my favorite! I couldn't wait to sit down and watch Bugs and friends Saturday morning (or night) back in the days before 24/7 cartoon availability. One of my favorites of all time is the episode where Bugs Bunny's mattress floats away in a flood to the evil scientist's castle (you know, the one with Gossamer the monster?) It still cracks me up no matter how many times I've seen it.

#16 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

I've always loved Scooby-Doo and now my kids like it too! As far as older cartoons go, I've always been a big fan of The Smurfs. That's another one that my kids have begun watching.

I do like all the old Looney Tunes cartoons as well. I remember I used to watch The Flintstones every day after school, and that's one that still, after all these years, has a lot of appeal. Unfortunately though my kids haven't really gotten into that one.

#17 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Actually I don't know if anyone else has been able to catch a few of the newer generation cartoons but, they are quite violent. Yeah, I know Elmer Fudd/Bugs Bunny were violent, but, this is way different and I just got the impression very adultish, not like when I was growing up (I'm kissing 50).

#18 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

I love Scooby Doo. This is one of the best cartoons around. I have watched it for years since I was a child. I will still watch it now if it is on the cartoon network. And I love Scrappy Doo as well. What do you think of him?

#19 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I am more into manga then a Disney kind of cartoons.

When I was a kid I've been watching pokemons every day. Also Captain Hawk and the the Moon Princess :)

After a while I changed my preferences and now I watch an adult cartoons like Family Guy or American Dad, but still if I have a chance to see the old episode of Captain Hawk I will watch it and enjoy it a lot :)

#20 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

I used to love watching the Simpsons. I still do watch them from time to time. I can not believe they have been on as long as they have!