• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

The new Cartoons from Marvel are really good. They cover a wide range of characters and have really high production values. Both me and my kids love them.

#22 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

I assume you mean like the Marvel Superheros? I do enjoy the superheros as well. My favorite would have to be Spiderman.

#23 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

I used to love watching the Simpsons. I still do watch them from time to time. I can not believe they have been on as long as they have!

I enjoyed The Simpsons when they first aired but it seems they've kind of grown a bit stale. It's hard to maintain the story line of kids that never age. Maggie would have been in college had the show progressed age wise with the kids growing along with it.

#24 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Reading the discussion makes me a bit nostalgic as I recall the shows I used to watch as a child. :D I watched a lot of Looney Tunes. My favorite characters were Tweety, Road Runner, and Bugs Bunny. My brother and I caught a lot of Tom and Jerry episodes, too. As a child, I found it hilarious but now that I am an adult I think that the never-ending chase and fight between Tom and Jerry is subtle violence.

#25 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I also have been taken back to my childhood days with this thread. I always liked Looney Tunes the best. They had a good variety of cartoons. My absolute favorite would have to be Tom and Jerry.

#26 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Does anyone remember The Disney Afternoon cartoons of the '90s? My childhood after-school routine was coming home from school, eating a snack while watching Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, and TaleSpin, then homework. I still know all the opening theme songs to those shows, and if I get really nostalgic, there's YouTube. Makes me long for those days when the Disney Channel still aired decent shows and Nickelodeon ruled with Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, and Doug.

#27 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes are still some of my favorite cartoons of all time.

They have released a new Looney Tunes with Bugs and crew all living in the same neighborhood and acting as real adults. It's rather weird. So were the Scooby remakes. I wish they had just stuck closer to the originals or left them alone.

#28 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I still watch "Swat Kats:The Radical Squadron" on BOOM. Great show from my childhood.

#29 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Scooby Doo was my favorite cartoon when I was growing up. I really enjoyed the mysteries that the team solve and Shaggy is so funny. He eats so much but he's so skinny. I'm so jealous of that. And Velma is so brilliant. I really admire the way she manages to solve the mysteries and the best thing is I can never guess the real villain.

#30 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

This is one of the few things I'm sort of glad I still have a cable box for. They have a channel called Boomerang that shows most of these older cartoons you all are mentioning.

#31 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes are still some of my favorite cartoons of all time.

They have released a new Looney Tunes with Bugs and crew all living in the same neighborhood and acting as real adults. It's rather weird. So were the Scooby remakes. I wish they had just stuck closer to the originals or left them alone.

Yes, I have seen this show. To be honest I find it decent but not near the quality of the original. Some claim this is because we can't have the sort of violence displayed in the original cartoons. But even at that the plot isn't that great as the originals were.Give me the animated shorts with different plots and different adventures like were in the original Looney Toons. Having them all living in neighborhood just doesn't do it for me. I guess I'm of the group that feels that cartoons just aren't as good as they use to be. I will give Nickelodeon some credit though, they have come out with some decent cartoons in recent years such as Spongebob,and The Penguins of Madegascar. But, for the most part they just don't make quality cartoons the way they use to.

#32 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hmm, yeah. I guess maybe if I had never seen the original, then maybe I wouldn't see this show as that bad. Maybe this is just normal for current cartoons and it's actually of decent quality in comparison. It's still weird for me, knowing all the previous story lines, though.

#33 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hmm, yeah. I guess maybe if I had never seen the original, then maybe I wouldn't see this show as that bad. Maybe this is just normal for current cartoons and it's actually of decent quality in comparison. It's still weird for me, knowing all the previous story lines, though.

I sort of agree with you about them sticking to the originals. But there may be another way to look at this. Remember, we're from an older generation. What was fun for us isn't exactly fun for this new age. The things we liked back then don't always translate out well in the current era. So I guess in some tiny way it has that old "evolve or die" mantra going on.

#34 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Which "Looney Tunes"? The old ones or the new one where everyone is grown up and has kids and stuff?

#35 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Which "Looney Tunes"? The old ones or the new one where everyone is grown up and has kids and stuff?

I think your referring to Tiny Toon Adventures which aired on the WB years ago. But the kids or should I say characters in this program weren't the original Loony toons own kids but their students at some academy where they taught. I think this is the program your referring to in your post. The one that we're referring earlier is actually the newest version of the Loony Toons that Cartoon Network put out about a few years back called the new Loony Toons show. For the most part this isn't really a bad cartoon, some of the episodes are actually funny. Its just that if you go into it, expecting something similar to the original Loony Toon shorts that aired all those years ago you could end up disappointed. I was at first, but now like I said it is a decent program in its own right.

#36 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I was referring to the Cartoon Network new Looney Tunes show yes. I like that one. The old ones are funny too for nostalgic purposes or when you're in the mood for really crazy, campy, slapstick cartoons from like childhood.

#37 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I use to watch Scooby Doo when I was a kid. It is a great show. I still enjoy watching mystery shows, and one of my favorite ones is Elementary. They should remake Scooby Doo, and make more shows about it. 

#38 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

I actually have been following the marvel cartoons that have been airing on Disney XD for the past couple of years. I really liked The Spectacular Spider-man, but they canceled that and replaced it with the Ultimate Spider-man, which I didn't understand because even though Ulitmate is a good show, I really thought that Spectacular was a lot more like the comics. The same with the Avenger shows. I have yet to see the new one, but I was a huge fan of Earth's mightiest heroes, and they canceled that to pave the way for Avengers Assemble. I have no clue why, since the original show was really good and they could have kept it going for a while. I will check out Avengers Assemble though.

#39 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

I am not sure if you all would consider anime and cartoon the same thing, or a different category. If so I have been watching bleach, and will say it is one of my favorite anime/cartoons of all time. 

#40 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

I don't watch cartoons anymore, but the cartoons of the 90s made my childhood. Catdog, Aaah real Monsters, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, those were great.