• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#41 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Yes, I remember some of the old Nicktoons that you mentioned. These were quite good. Too bad they aren't shown anymore even on the Nicktoons network. Rugrats does air from time to time but not enough. Funny thing is I think there is room for this programs, after all Spongebob maybe a good cartoon but its aired way too many times in one day.

#42 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

Some of the best cartoons came from the 90s. I grew up watching Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug, and Ren & Stimpy. Every weekend I'd tune in to Nickelodeon just to watch them. The new cartoons today, don't hold a candle to the ones from the 90s, if they were to air reruns of Rugrats and some of the olders shows I'm sure kids would love it better than the teen Nick shows.

#43 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

I used to really enjoy all of the shows mentioned above. They really did used to pass the time nicely. I LOVED Hey Arnold. One of my absolute favorite cartoon ever made in my opinion. The music was simply sublime also, with it's jazzy but urban texture. I think the composer's name is Jim Lang?

But I have moved onto more mature cartoon to watch now, like shows from the Adult Swim Network. I really enjoyed the Boondocks and hopefully they do come out with the movie that they promised fans.

#44 Matthew

Matthew

Cordial

• 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Old Nick, Disney, Cartoon Network were the best.  I remember spending so many hours watching the original episodes of Scooby Doo, Hey Arnold, AHHHHHH! Real Monsters, Doug, and so many more.  

I'm disappointed in the attempts to revamp old shows, because the humor isn't there.  Old school cartoon violence is a thing of the past, and now cartoons are designed with that "Everybody" wins attitude.  If cartoons wish to be anything as good as old cartoons, producers need to quickly realize a piano dropping on someone's head is funny, and expected in a cartoon.

#45 dmwynn1234

dmwynn1234

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Scooby Doo has always been a classic for me. I remember changing the channel and seeing it pop up on my screen and getting just unbelievably excited. Another cartoon I use to adore was Tom & Jerry (Cliche, i know, but who doesn't like that show?) I remember watching that silent (for the most part) comedy all throughout my childhood while building little floor forts to compliment my tv watching needs. I remember when I got older, the show "Street Sharks" became my all time favorite cartoon. The vision of the sharks is still etched in my head and will always bring back a nostalgic, heart warming sensation every time I think of it. Eventually I got to my teen years, and my favorite cartoon became Beavis and Butthead (still is my favorite.... its hard to beat this stupid but charming show.)

#46 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

I use to love watching Scooby Doo in my youth. The stories were usually intriguing, compelling and sometimes even scary to watch, and it was always fun seeing the group investigating and then running from a threat. Oh and then you can't forget Scooby and his Scooby Snacks, which make Scooby work even better as a detective doggy. Overall, Scooby Doo added greatly to my childhood memories.

Edited by Phoenix360, 28 July 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#47 Matthew

Matthew

Cordial

• 18 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Scooby Doo has always been a classic for me. I remember changing the channel and seeing it pop up on my screen and getting just unbelievably excited. Another cartoon I use to adore was Tom & Jerry (Cliche, i know, but who doesn't like that show?) I remember watching that silent (for the most part) comedy all throughout my childhood while building little floor forts to compliment my tv watching needs. I remember when I got older, the show "Street Sharks" became my all time favorite cartoon. The vision of the sharks is still etched in my head and will always bring back a nostalgic, heart warming sensation every time I think of it. Eventually I got to my teen years, and my favorite cartoon became Beavis and Butthead (still is my favorite.... its hard to beat this stupid but charming show.)

Ohh man, Tom and Jerry is an amazing show.  Tom and Jerry is one of those shows I can watch for hours and not get bored.  I still watch it from time to time now a days!  :D  I love when Jerry's family gets brought into the mix (like the baby, can't remember his name though), and I love how Jerry and the dog always team up against Tom.  :D

#48 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

They don't show a lot of the cartoons I used to watch when growing up, mainly due to all the racist and xenophobic content in them. I can certainly agree that a lot of that was in bad taste, and I don't really enjoy watching them nowadays knowing what was being depicted in them. I do really enjoy watching Family Guy and South Park these days though.

#49 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Heh! I loved watching Scooby Doo as well, the older ones I mean, they were just so epic.

And those 1 hour movies which used to come as The New Scooby Doo Movies or something were so epic. All those crossing between cartoons such as Batman or Johnny Bravo meeting up with them. Amazing!

Really it's a classic for a reason.

#50 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Scooby Doo reminds me so much of my uncle, who is just an adult sized child. His girlfriend is very much the same. When Teletubbies were big she would collect the little figurines lol. Every time I would go into his room at my grandmother's house, he was always watching the Cartoon Network or some equally as childish television station.

#51 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Heh! I loved watching Scooby Doo as well, the older ones I mean, they were just so epic.

And those 1 hour movies which used to come as The New Scooby Doo Movies or something were so epic. All those crossing between cartoons such as Batman or Johnny Bravo meeting up with them. Amazing!

I remember when I was 8 or 9, they used to show "Where are you Scooby Doo?" on Cartoon Network at 8 PM. I used to watch the show before going to sleep and next day after coming back from school, the New Scooby Doo Movies would be on. It was such a great time to be a kid.

As I got older, DC superheroes became my cartoons of choice. I am still amazed by how mature and classy Batman the Animated Series was. The Superman, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited shows used to be quite good as well. 

Among recent shows, has anyone watched Young Justice? It sadly got cancelled after 2 seasons but it was great while it was on. A lot of references to DC Comics' history on the show.

#52 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Anyone watching Gravity Falls? 

A friend of mine just recommended it and it looks really cute, in that weird way that I enjoy. Like Eerie, Indiana.

#53 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

When I am bored or have nothing to watch whilst I eat my dinner or something, I'll get old episodes of these cartoons up on YouTube and watch them whilst I eat my dinner. That is how much I enjoy these shows, They are worthy of eating to whilst watching, seriously lol.

#54 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

American Dad , has become one of my favorite cartoons . If you have ever seen this show you will know it is all over there place , and I love every minute of it. Stan has to bee my favorite charters on the show , he is too crazy and you never know what he is going to do. Roger comes in a close second with all of his personalities and disguises.This show is to funny and I find myself stay up late just to watch.

#55 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

American Dad , has become one of my favorite cartoons . If you have ever seen this show you will know it is all over there place , and I love every minute of it. Stan has to bee my favorite charters on the show , he is too crazy and you never know what he is going to do. Roger comes in a close second with all of his personalities and disguises.This show is to funny and I find myself stay up late just to watch.

FINALLY, someone else that feels the same way as I do!!! Family Guy who?? I LOVE and LIVE for American Dad. The show is epic; the wit, the sarcasm, the laughs. They are things that I rarely or never get from Family guy.

#56 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I remember when I was 8 or 9, they used to show "Where are you Scooby Doo?" on Cartoon Network at 8 PM. I used to watch the show before going to sleep and next day after coming back from school, the New Scooby Doo Movies would be on. It was such a great time to be a kid.

As I got older, DC superheroes became my cartoons of choice. I am still amazed by how mature and classy Batman the Animated Series was. The Superman, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited shows used to be quite good as well. 

Among recent shows, has anyone watched Young Justice? It sadly got cancelled after 2 seasons but it was great while it was on. A lot of references to DC Comics' history on the show.

Heh, same here. I used to watch The Scooby Doo Movies after I came from school as well.

And I watched a few episodes of Young Justice but never got into it much. Seemed promising though. A shame it got cancelled.

#57 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Young Justice was absolutely awesome. The best new animated show in the past few years. It had nods to the old comic books and DCAU shows while having a storyline that was both entertaining for kids and had mature overtones for the grownups. Too bad it folded after just 2 seasons. But those 2 seasons are definitely worth a watch.

#58 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Scooby Doo was indeed a great cartoon, but my favorite is Life with Louie. I remember skipping from school to watch this cartoon with my friends back in 1995. I still laugh when I remember how Glen Glenn was terrorizing the poor fluffy Louie and how his dad always created fake war stories where he was the hero.

569.jpg

#59 Elisa Scalzi

Elisa Scalzi

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

There are so many cartoons I would like to watch right now and Justice League successfully occupies one of the top places. Life with Louie was also extremely fun, I enjoyed watching it so much during my childhood. :lol: I also love Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry - they never get dated and it is so much fun watching them. There was also Inspector Gadget, if anybody remembers it.

I think that Zoro was also very nice, but that is an anime and I do not think it counts as a cartoon, right?

#60 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

There are so many cartoons I would like to watch right now and Justice League successfully occupies one of the top places. Life with Louie was also extremely fun, I enjoyed watching it so much during my childhood. :lol: I also love Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry - they never get dated and it is so much fun watching them. There was also Inspector Gadget, if anybody remembers it.

I think that Zoro was also very nice, but that is an anime and I do not think it counts as a cartoon, right?

Justice League is awesome. I thought the first few episodes were ok but from second season on, they made it consistently brilliant. JLU was even better.