• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 Lushlala

Lushlala

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

I'm not a huge cartoon fan but I love Tom and Jerry, doesn't everyone LOL? I also used to like Popeye when I was younger :)

#102 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

I'd take the old X-men any day!  Talking about this one:

xmen90s.jpg

Didn't like the remakes at all, the show from the 80's was so awesome! Totally loved it, I used to watch it every single Saturday morning, my mom used to tell me something like: ''Don't watch the TV so closely, you will go blind!''. Lol, I never listened, I totally loved this TV show, then after this one the Ninja Turtles was on!  Loved that one too!  When I think about it, I realize my childhood cartoons were awesome!  Sadly I was never done watching the entire series, I missed so many episodes of Xmen.  Totally disliked the remakes.

#103 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

The remakes of the X-Men were decent but didn't measure up to the original I would agree with that. In fact, my first introduction to the X-Men was through the cartoon that aired on Fox Kids back in the late eighties early nineties.  I found it one morning and got hooked ot it.  From that point on I tried not to miss an episode.  Yes, the one done for Cartoon Network, X-Men Evolution was decent but it just didn't have the same appeal as the original. 

#104 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, the remakes were decent actually, but not enough for me to watch them, lol.  I don't mean to be mean or disrespectful to the people who worked on those remakes, but man... how I wished they could air the original instead.  I thought of it as epic, but maybe that was because I was a little kid back then? I used to think Gambit was so cool! I actually know a girl who named her cat that way, hehehe. Talking about X-men, have you watched most of the X-men movies?  So many incongruities there :lol:  Loved the comic :wub:

#105 muppet10

muppet10

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

I remember a cartoon from the 70's called wait till your father gets home produced by Hanna-Barbera. I was reminded of this series when i first saw the Simpsons and thought to myself this is a rip off. The creators of the Simpsons must have watched wait till your father gets home in the 70's.

The show features Harry Boyle, a iong suffering husband and father of teenage kids, many of the storylines revolve around the generation gap between Harry and his kids. I believe this was a prime time show in the USA, i remember it always being shown during the school holidays here in Britain. 

#106 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

I'm not a huge cartoon fan but I love Tom and Jerry, doesn't everyone LOL? I also used to like Popeye when I was younger :)

Yeah, oh man, I grew up with Tom and Jerry. Every weekend, I'd get up and watch it while having breakfast. Talking about it now makes me miss my childhood

#107 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

I remember a cartoon from the 70's called wait till your father gets home produced by Hanna-Barbera. I was reminded of this series when i first saw the Simpsons and thought to myself this is a rip off. The creators of the Simpsons must have watched wait till your father gets home in the 70's.

The show features Harry Boyle, a iong suffering husband and father of teenage kids, many of the storylines revolve around the generation gap between Harry and his kids. I believe this was a prime time show in the USA, i remember it always being shown during the school holidays here in Britain.

My mom used to talk about that TV show a lot. She also had the theory the Simpsons had been a total rip off of that show. Sadly that show never became such an iconic cartoon, not like the Simpsons. Maybe the time wasn't right. Either way I am thankful! I love the Simpsons :)

#108 muppet10

muppet10

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

Your mom was absolutely right, it had to be a total rip off the Simpsons, i noticed it the first time i saw the Simpsons, the similarities were too great for it not to be. The Simpsons creators are now extremely rich thanks to Wait till your father gets home.

I agree that Wait till your father gets home was ahead of it's time as were most Hanna - barbera classics, the world just didn't seem quite ready for that one though. I never forgot that show however, i now have a DVD of it and enjoy it more than i ever did the Simpsons. It just has has more charm and appeal in my opinion.  

#109 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:49 AM

Among recent shows, has anyone watched Young Justice? It sadly got cancelled after 2 seasons but it was great while it was on. A lot of references to DC Comics' history on the show.

I had watched some episodes here and there but never got to watchit completely.  I loved it and planned to watch it sometime.  This past month I decided to do that.  I was right.  LOVED IT.  RIght now I'm in the beginning of seson 2 when we discover what Aqualad's been up to.  SUCH AN AWESOME SERIES.  It really is a shame they canceled it.  I love the references although I admit sometimes I miss them so I do a little research when something seems a bit "weird" to me.  One thing I really liked and I quickly got was when Red Tornado said he was going to sub for Green Arrow because Green Arrow had a "hot date" with Black Canary.  LOL

#110 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

I remember Saturday morning cartoons. The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Show is probably the one that sticks with me the most. They had the Schoolhouse Rock jingles in between shows, back in "the good old days." lol