• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

No, I am not referring to the talk show by the same name that now airs in syndication.  I am referring to a daytime soap opera that aired on NBC from the sixties to the eighties.  A digital antenna network that is available in some markets is now airing the reruns of the soap in their schedule. 

I have to admit for the most part I have found these enjoyable to watch.  Even if the fashions are a bit out dated and the acting is a bit over the top.  But for the most part the stories have been more engrossing then the stuff that the daytime shows of today try to give us.  I am sure you have notice that I keep using the term for the most part.  Well, lately the show hasn't been too good concentrating on one character by the name of Karen who I am not really fond of.  But unlike B&B where they concentrate way too much of Brooke and Hope because for some odd reason they consider these two characters the centerpiece of the show I chalk this up as the show not being sure where to go storyline wise. 

Anyway, none the less its been nice having a classic soap back on the air from years ago.  I hope that more networks will pick these up.  Now that SoapNet is gone no one airs these classic soaps, not that SoapNet was doing such a great job of doing so toward the end.