• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

With 2014 coming to an end soon, I thought I would share what I considered the best story of GH this year and the worst.  I invite all of you to do the same.  After all we all have an opinion of what we liked and didn't like this past year, here are mine.

Best Storyline: AJ's Murder

Yes, I wish I could just say AJ's shooting, but unfortunately RC had to kill him off so it became a murder.  Yes, there were times when this story irritated me, such as those who found about the murder covering it up for Sonny who committed the crime yet claiming they were doing it to protect Michael.  Please, the only one they were protecting was Sonny, this was especially obvious with Carly.  But perhaps the thing that made this story stand out was the pay off.  When Michael finally found out it was worth the months of listening to all these people stand around justifying staying quiet.  Michael finally had the blinders off and saw things for what they really were, including his so called parents.  Sorry, was never a fan of the way Sonny and Carly got custody of Michael or the way they went around for years justifying their actions.  AJ was no saint far from it but neither were they so having them constantly act like they were perfect parents while thrashing AJ, use to get on my last nerve.  It was great to finally see Michael tell them this and embrace the Quartermaine family which thrilled a lonely Monica who needed her grandson.  Maybe in time Michael will forgive Carly she is his mother after all.  As for Sonny who is now in jail, to be honest I don't really care if Michael ever forgives him.  Truth be told the one who was a true father to Michael in all those years was Jason, not Sonny.  I think this is why Michael was able to embrace AJ the way he did, there were some aspects of Jason in AJ that Michael saw.  With Jason back in the picture (not that he knows he's Jason yet) Michael no longer needs Sonny, sorry, never liked who Sonny got custody of Michael to begin with Meat hook anyone.  So for me if Michael chooses not to ever reconcile with Sonny is find by me.  There is just one problem here though it would seem that now a whole lot of characters are no in Pettonville prison maybe the show should be moved there.

Worst Storyline:  Fluke

Seriously I don't care who he is or what he is up to.  I just want this storyline over already.  Its gone on long enough, and has constantly had me reaching for my remote to check out what else on TV because I could really care less any longer about this stupid story.  Not that I cared much to begin with. End it already and bring Luke home.  Maybe Tony Geary is loving this story according to interviews because it gives him a chance to do something different on the show, but I don't share his feelings I really find this thing to be tiresome, and has dragged on way too long already.  Put Fluke in Pettonville he would still be on the show, after all this is becoming the place to be one the show.

So those are my two choices for the year on GH.  As I said before we all have our opinions on what was good and what was bad, so feel free to let your feelings be known as well.

#2 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

OMG, I totally agree with Fluke being the worse! I HATE that storyline, and I REALLY hate, that we were tricked into thinking it had been resolved only to find out fake Luke faked everyone out. It's such a tangled web that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Choosing the best for 2014 is a little harder for me. I just went without a TV for a couple months so I only caught the show here and there. Also, I would start out liking something, like Robin's return, and end up being annoyed. I am happy I don't have to look at AJ any longer though...

#3 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

I thought that the whole AJ storyline was long overdue. I have been watching for years and was just so after AJ. When are they going to get rid of Sonny? That's what I want to know!

#4 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

They are never going to get rid of Sonny! Much of the show is centered around him. As long as Maurice is healthy and interested in continuing on with the role, he will probably be there portraying Sonny until he dies. Though now that Sonny is in prison, who knows what will happen?

#5 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

The one thing I will finally give this Fluke story credit for is it is giving Bobbie something to do for a change. Its nice to see the actress back on my screen with some actual material.  Its been great seeing her interacting with Michael something I didn't see too often in the past, and she is his grandmother.  I also have liked the nod to her and Luke's past.

This Fluke story has been dragging out no doubt about that, but it does seem to finally be picking up.  I have to admit for awhile it was the story I couldn't stand to watch and now its the one I am tuning in for mainly because it does seem to finally be going somewhere for a change.

#6 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

JZ looks better but her face is still a fight so I'm not willing to credit the Fluke storyline

I am having a hard time coming up with good a storyline in 2014. The fallout of AJ's murder started out strong before it fizzled into nothingness. It lasted less than 2 weeks. RC was in a hurry to get the prison scenea star. 

#7 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

Well, I guess the thing I liked about AJ's Murder was the fact that Michael finally opened his eyes.  He seem to be blind to what Sonny and Carly were all about, but this finally woke him up.  Yes, I have heard some say that Michael is acting like AJ was some saint and he wasn't.  I agree with this, but I think when someone dies we do tend to glorify them a bit.  As for the over all story I tend to agree with you it wasn't the greatest. I can't count how many episodes there was of the same conversation about the fact that Michael could never know that Sonny killed AJ, because it would hurt him.  Please none of these characters were protecting Michael but with holding the knowledge but Sonny.

As for Fluke like I said now that its actually going somewhere, finally, I do have to admit that I have liked it a little better.  Its not still the best story I have every seen on GH far from it, but its at least picking up and I have liked seeing Bobbie involved in a real story for a change.

#8 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

Just when we thought Fluke was going to be resolved...

I wonder if anyone connected to the show (from interns to writers) ever reads any of the comments readers post online to forums like this one. I want it known I HATE Helena. Her presence just seems so pointless. Why do we care about a ridiculous Hatfield-McCoy war? Mob stories don't hold the draw they used to. Maybe it's time for GH to follow the CSI model.