Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Spoilers

#2 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

My boyfriend and I watch this every week.  He loves the show, I don't.  I feel that they made to many changes to the Flash.  First of all, the Flash gained his gifts as a kid not as an adult.  Two, the guy they have playing the Flash is tooooo..... hokie looking.  He does not fit the part in my opinion.  I love Cisco though.  He is the only reason I still watch the show.  He's so hilarious.

I think that aside from the obvious changes in the portayal of the Flash/Barry... if they chose a better person to play him, I might be a little more accepting of the show.

#3 FionaMuva

FionaMuva

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:55 AM

My boyfriend and I also watch this show. I remember how excited he was when he heard it came out. But we were greatly disappointed by the need of The CW to make everything so damn dramatic. It looks like a super hero soap opera now. It's all a bit too cliche because I have a feeling that like all their other shows, they will focus more on what spikes ratings than making the show what it's always been about, The Flash.

#4 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

I'm actually having fun watching The Flash.  Granted, I never read the comic book, so I have no comparison to what he's supposed to be like.  My husband watched 2 or 3 episodes and decided he didn't like it, so I'm watching it by myself.  I like the actors and their interaction with each other, and I'm interested to see how Dr. Wells character will be developed - is he a bad guy?  Also, the yellow streak guy, who is he going to turn out to be and why did he kill Barry's mom?

#5 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

My boyfriend and I also watch this show. I remember how excited he was when he heard it came out. But we were greatly disappointed by the need of The CW to make everything so damn dramatic. It looks like a super hero soap opera now. It's all a bit too cliche because I have a feeling that like all their other shows, they will focus more on what spikes ratings than making the show what it's always been about, The Flash.

Same here.  The only reason I am still watching it is because of my boyfriend.  They made Flash to goofy and your right about the drama.  Not to mention, they revealed the secrets to soon.  I should not know that..... I wont spoil it for those who are watching it and haven't figured it all out yet.  I am hoping it will get better, but as of now.... I'm not to keen on it.

#6 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

Well the latest Flash episode has not to much impressed me.  My boyfriend still sticks to the liking it, so I am stuck watching it.

Cisco is turning into a pretty cool character.  He went from just plain adorably geeky to having some gumption.  His reaction and bravery in the latest episode while battling "Pied Piper" show much for his character.  Barry proved to be the brainless idiot he has through all the other episodes rushing into things as if he were invincible.  You would think that he would at least take a self defense course or something by now.

#7 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

I'm like maladajusted who haven't read the comic book. So, the TV series is entirely new to me. With no basis of comparison, I'm not easily disappointed. Because I have nothing to compare it with, I am very much pleased watching it. I like that Barry is geeky and clueless. It's those characters that makes him human to me. I really don't care much for the super hero thingy. I just find him adorable, and definitely - not falling the typical attributes of a superhero.

#8 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

That works for most, but he's too geeky for me.  It makes it to unreal.  I guess I just don't like the actor they chose for this show.  He just does not fit the role of Barry to me.  Barry was geeky... but not this geeky.  LOL

#9 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

I definitely agree with the people who say they picked the wrong actor to play Barry. So much so that it keeps me from really getting into this show. I like Arrow much better, so the crossover shows work, but meh. Not excited about Flash on its own any more. Just not pulling me in.

#10 tunderbay

tunderbay

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

I don't have any connection to the source material so as a new fan I find Berry's actor to be a decent fit. But I can understand people's disapproval if they were expecting something different.

I wasn't expecting much out of the show but I've found myself enjoying it week after week, a nice little time killer to go along with the other DC shows. I just hope they can work towards making it less repetitive, it's falling into a very familiar pattern of girl problem- meta human criminal causes trouble - Flash fights and loses - Flash fights again and wins-... One of the things I like about arrow is that the overarching plot is pretty strong (at least when compared to other shows of this type).

#11 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:06 AM

I just hope they can work towards making it less repetitive, it's falling into a very familiar pattern of girl problem- meta human criminal causes trouble - Flash fights and loses - Flash fights again and wins-... One of the things I like about arrow is that the overarching plot is pretty strong (at least when compared to other shows of this type).

It does seem to be a repetitive or becoming a pattern, doesn't it? I still love and enjoy The Flash, but I'm hoping the same thing as you that it won't get too repetitive. I especially hate that bit of being hung up with Iris. 

In any case, I'm looking forward to what Dr. Wells is up to. I just hope it really is something big. I'm just truly curious what his real deal with The Flash is (those scenes of him with Gideon in that secret room with headlines about the future).

Edited by tabee, 08 February 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#12 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

OMG, you guys haven't figured it out yet?!  OMG.... Don't worry, I am NOT spilling the beans.  All I will say is this, you are in for a huge surprise where Dr. Wells is concerned.

Yeah the repetitive nature of the show is getting very annoying, but it is still a new show.... the writers probably just haven't gotten warmed up yet.

#13 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

I don't mind picking the beans, I love beans, hehe. But yeah, no need to as there are rules against spoilers. Anyhow, I guess that's all the more reason to keep watching the show. I'm not much a fan of Dr. Wells, I'm kind of with Jessie Martin's character that there's something off with Dr. Wells. I just don't know what it is, yet.

#14 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

About to watch another episode of the Flash tonight.  I hope it is a good one.  The last one was crazy, I can't believe those two guys were fused together during the explosion.  I read the synapsis on this one and I can't wait to see it.  The story line is getting good, I just wish they had chosen a different person to play the flash... he's tooooo..... geeky.  LOL  I guess I will just have to get used to it.

#15 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Its great to see Firestorm in working order and now Barry, Cisco, and Joe now know that Barry was there when his mother died.  Now they can concentrate on finding out what happened and why, but most of all who.

#16 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

About to watch another episode of the Flash tonight.  I hope it is a good one.  The last one was crazy, I can't believe those two guys were fused together during the explosion.  I read the synapsis on this one and I can't wait to see it.  The story line is getting good, I just wish they had chosen a different person to play the flash... he's tooooo..... geeky.  LOL  I guess I will just have to get used to it.

I've to watch that episode again. I think I missed the part that explains how Ronnie and Dr. Stein(?) were fused together. I mean, Ronnie was at Star Labs while that doctor was somewhere else, right?

True, we're getting some action in the recent episode. As for Barry, perhaps he'll grow on you as the episodes progress?

#17 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

Dr. Stein was outside the building but the fire brought Ronnie outside the building vaporizing everyone and fusing him and Dr. Stein in the blast.

Maybe he will.  I guess I have not choice but to accept it whether I like it or not anyway.  LOL  Here is the thing, in the security feed of when it happened, it looked like Dr. Stein was inside the building when it happened but then they showed it  as him being outside the building.

#18 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

OK, thanks! I will pay close attention to that when I review that episode again. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the episodes leading towards how the adult Barry came to be at that part of history when his mother got killed. 

#19 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

*****SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*****  Was anyone else going through "external embarrassment" when Barry was asking Iris if there was anything she wanted to talk about.  As soon as he let his gf break up with him, I thought "oh god no."  Then he asked Iris out for coffee.  "Oh, Barry, don't."  Then when they're there and he opens his mouth I just kept feeling embarrassed.  LOLOL  I felt so horrible for him.  I admit I didnt get WHY putting that guy away got the brothers plan going but then I understood it's because when you change a timeline somethig worse happens.  Oh!  And Now Barry suspects whatshisname, too!  Love this show.

#20 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Oh, no longer watching this show.  They killed my CISCO!!!!!  He was the only enjoyable part of the show for me.  Now they killed him off!  I am so mad I could fly to LA and slap the producers.  How could you get rid of Cisco!