ElizabethWebber-12-30-14.jpg

#2 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

The dresses look better on the models.

Yeah, they do. I know people like to take offense to the notion of taller women looking better in clothes, but those two pictures are a prime example of why most models are no less than 5'10". Clothes just hang better on a taller person and neither of those actresses are close to tall.

I agree but also the models' choices were made to fit them specifically.

#3 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Sam's Friday dress

http://api.shopstyle...684-11445322-48

#4 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

This blogger is good at finding some of the clothes worn on GH

http://imasoapfan.blogspot.com

#5 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

This was an interesting blog to look at and shows that soaps tend to look at the newest fashions as well when dressing their cast, then the viewers decide whether the costume department did a good job. Yes, when there is an event on a soap opera we all become fashion critics.  I guess its because we all have an opinion on what we like.  For example I have my own opinion on the New Years eve fashions worn by the women of GH that were highlighted in this blog.

Fashions I liked:

Sam: I like the sequin dress, and she wore it well.

Maxie: The royal blue dress and beaded jacket looked good on the character.

Olivia: Again I liked the beaded dress, and a good color for the actress.

Fashions I disliked:

Liz: Too short and too mod for my taste although the actress did look good in it I will give her that much credit.

Lulu: I just don't like that ballerina look for a cocktail dress, even the color wasn't right for the actress in general.

Well those are just my opinion on the subject, as I sais when it comes to fashion we all have an opinion of what we like and don't like.

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

I am not sure about Sam's dress. KeMo is very slim but some of the clothes they make her in make her look lumpy. Her ponytail was too casual but miles better than Liz'. What where they thinking.

I liked Liz dress. But she looked 12 years old in it. When Ric was kissing her on the way to his hotel, it looked like he was molesting an under aged girl.

Olivia looked good, Lisa is glowing. She and Carly's material looked very similar. Olivia's appeared to be two piece to Carly's dress.

Carly looked good, but LW has looked better.

All the men looked good in their formal wear. It was hilarious to see the holy hitman serving drinks.

#7 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

I don't even remember Sam's dress. I liked Olivia's and Carly's dresses (surprisingly enough) and I did think Maxie's little blue dress was kind of cute. It definitely suited her. I thought the fabric of Liz's dress was kind of interesting, I can't remember what Lulu was wearing, though I seem to vaguely remember something light colored over dark tights? I think I liked Anna's dress, though now I can't picture it.

I agree, the men looked good in there formal wear, but then what man doesn't look good in a button down shirt and a suit? 

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

#9 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

Wow. The dresses do look way better on the models, which isn't saying much for either actress, I wonder why LuLu isn't fitted the way the one on the model is. At first I thought she needed a belt, but looking again it looks like she is wearing a sack version of the dress the model is wearing. Odd.

#10 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, they do. I know people like to take offense to the notion of taller women looking better in clothes, but those two pictures are a prime example of why most models are no less than 5'10". Clothes just hang better on a taller person and neither of those actresses are close to tall.

#11 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Well, it's not like the wardrobe department couldn't make a few alterations to have the dresses fit better, especially the one for Liz. There isn't much they could've done for Lulu's as the design of the dress will always be overwhelming on her. She's just too short to wear the bottom half of the dress and look good.

#12 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Well, it's not like the wardrobe department couldn't make a few alterations to have the dresses fit better, especially the one for Liz. There isn't much they could've done for Lulu's as the design of the dress will always be overwhelming on her. She's just too short to wear the bottom half of the dress and look good.

Exactly! That is what the wardrobe people are there for, to make sure everything is the right size, etc. We are talking about featured actors, not extras. As for the fit of Lulu's dress, there was a lot that could have been done. In an interview several years ago, Oprah said that for a long time she didn't know that her people were buying two suits and using the fabric from one to make alterations. Lulu's dress needs to have had the bodice altered for her figure.

#13 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

I haven't seen anything worth noting from any of them this past week, but is anyone besides me completely distracted by those centerpieces on the tables at the Metrocourt? I first noticed when Maxi and Lulu were having breakfast (New Year's?) and then I saw them again when Lucy and Duke were there one day last week. They are so odd and they looked even worse in those last shots.

Seeing Sam's date night dress again via the link above, it's cute, though a little young for her. That reminds me - when it left off on Thursday Jake was on his way in to do the job. I missed Friday - I have to find a way to watch replays!

#14 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

Well, there is another event coming up that should boost this section.  That is the Haunted Star event, no doubt many of the women will be wearing some fashionable dresses that we can discuss here.  That is the beauty of the the events on soaps it gives the fans a chance to see new fashions then discuss them.  This isn't the only place where I have seen this going on, I belong to another forum where we also critiquie clothes worn at events such as weddings or parties.  I guess its just human nature to discuss what dresses we liked or didn't like for various reasons.  Looking forward to the interaction over this event.

#15 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

Well, there is another event coming up that should boost this section.  That is the Haunted Star event, no doubt many of the women will be wearing some fashionable dresses that we can discuss here.  That is the beauty of the the events on soaps it gives the fans a chance to see new fashions then discuss them.  This isn't the only place where I have seen this going on, I belong to another forum where we also critiquie clothes worn at events such as weddings or parties.  I guess its just human nature to discuss what dresses we liked or didn't like for various reasons.  Looking forward to the interaction over this event.

Did this happen yet? I caught bits and pieces of the show last week and one of the last things I remember seeing was Fluke was taunting Luke with talk about an explosion at that Haunted Star event. I won't be around today, so I will probably miss it again... (sigh). LOL, I have to get a DVR!

#16 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

Yes, its going on right now.  There are some fashions to now critique with what the women are wearing.  I kind of like the dress Maxie is wearing and Lulu's dress is pretty as well.  Tracy looks as polished and sophitcated as always along with Monica.  The event is going on and could be for quite awhile.  After all this is the place where Fluke set the bomb to go off which is part of February Sweeps.  So, there is time to see the fashions at this event.

#17 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

I have to take a better look today but it appears Sam is wearing the same dress she wore on NYE'. I have to take a second look because GH can't be that cheap. It hasn't even been a month since she wore it.

I like Lulu's dress, Maxie's straps makes her's look weird.

Michael, Patrick, Lucas and Brad looked great. I love men in tuxedos.

#18 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

I didn't get to see much, but I didn't like what were Lulu and Maxi wearing? Maxi's straps looked too much like her bra straps were showing. When I saw Sam she was all covered up, and I only remember seeing Tracey in her coat. I have to say though, Helena was fetching in that white coat and hat, as much as I hate to admit it. She finally looked elegant again. 

#19 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

I've been working a lot and not getting to see the show, but I was home yesterday and the one thing that stood out to me was Tracy's new hairdo. I find it much more attractive than that pixie cut she'd been sporting. I think it even softens her face a bit. The coat she was wearing at the hospital was pretty interesting as well.