• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

What is Cookie's real name? I've never heard it.

Her being hung up over Lucious is her only flaw as far as I am concern.

Cookie said that Lucious was the only man she has ever been with and she has a family with him. He is her only love, so I get why she's hung up on him. I expect the relationship between Cookie and Lucious will always be a rollercoaster of emotions even when they are not together.

I agree and I am fine with it. So far, she is using him than the other way around. I love the way she rubs it in Kitty Doll's face.

#42 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

Episode 107 is not available on my OnDemand. Anyone else have this issue? I wanted to see the aftermath of Jamal's baby mama Simone. Was there a DNA to establish him as the baby's father? Either way, good casting choice. 

Hakeem going to church to pray to Luscious was all kinds of LOL. 

Why are kitty doll and Cookie fighting over a dying man? He could kneel over at anytime ladies. He is going to play the two of them until he dies. He sure likes having sex with Cookie since she became open for business. I do have to give him credit for telling Cookie about the wedding before The Announcement. 

I  am not sure how I feel about Cookie sleeping with Luscious, but I LOVED how she rubbed it into whatsherface like a BOSS. 

Another Boss moment was her meeting with Naomi Campbell. She was so blatantly rude, I loved it. She wants grandbabies and hell yeah, she's going to tell it to the cougar her son is dating, to her face, the first day they are introduced by her son. 

Was that jealousy on Andres when he saw the four of them singing in the studio? I admit it looked fun but him feeling left out makes no sense. They are nowhere to being close. 

Cookie is undeniable The Boss, but gotta give Jamal some kudos. He came out like a Boss! And the world is still spinning. 

I find Hakeem a jerk. But his going to church to pray for his papa is kind of sweet. Uncharacteristic of him, but I like his acceptance of fear (of the possibility of losing the only parent his seen while growing up).

Jamal! Just bow. He's got grit.

#43 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

I love how multi layered all the characters are. I hate Luscious, but I love his love for music and begrudgingly admire the lengths he's willing to go to save his company.

Hakeen won major points when he went to see Jamal the day after he came out.

Cookie is the best drawn out and portrayed character that has come along in a long time. 

Andre when he is having a bipolar episode gives me chills. The actor is so believable, it is scary.

#44 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

The finale was pure soapy goodness.

I am still reeling from Hakeem and Anika. Whoa Nelly!

#45 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

Watching episode 11.

Lucius unconscious confessions made me chuckle. Then the camera panned to Cookie's face and I burst into laughter. It was soapy in its goodness.

I liked Jamal in the beginning but I am as into him as I used to be. I just don't buy him as a tough guy. He is a sweetheart.

#46 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

Watching episode 11.

Lucius unconscious confessions made me chuckle. Then the camera panned to Cookie's face and I burst into laughter. It was soapy in its goodness.

I liked Jamal in the beginning but I am as into him as I used to be. I just don't buy him as a tough guy. He is a sweetheart.

I like Jamal as the tough guy, manly men can have soft hearts too. Jamal is becoming less likeable to me now because he has sided with Lucious. Everyone knows what an evil  person Lucious is and how he cannot be trusted. Now that Jamal has something that can be exploited by Lucious he suddenly wants to be all buddy buddy.  Jamal wants Lucious as his new BFF and is mistreating the the people who have loved and accepeted him. Can you say Sellout ? 

#47 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Watching episode 11.

It's not so much a problem with him being a tough guy, but with him being the can do it all guy. No one is able to solve every problem, take on every risk, be cool through every situation, be JAMAL, unless it's a TV show. So, every time he willingly allows someone to shove a gun to his head without breaking a sweat, it takes me out of the scene and reminds me that Lee Daniels is trying to prove a point with this one particular character.