55 replies to this topic

#1 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

Season 5 premiere is up!

That video is an edited version, btw. I will hold out and watch the premiere in real time.

#2 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

I was a little underwhelmed by the premiere but it had some good moments.

So obviously the half Asian woman at the diner sniffing around Fiona is connected to Steve/Jimmy or whatever his name is now.

#3 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

I almost forgot Frank is not only alive, but he is well.

Fiona is NEVER without a male suitor, or two. I have a feeling this is going to be SSDS for Fiona. 

Of course they little psycho is watching a demolishing.

Liam finally grew up!

Is that Karen's son living with Sheila? How is he older than Liam! Nevermind. He belongs to Frank's pervert daughter.

#4 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

I almost forgot Frank is not only alive, but he is well.

You gotta admit he was the only funny in this episode with his playground flavor brewery.

Of course they little psycho is watching a demolishing.

Carly. Another brilliant moment.

Liam finally grew up!

Is that Karen's son living with Sheila? How is he older than Liam! Nevermind. He belongs to Frank's pervert daughter.

I detest that little plot line.

#5 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

'Shameless' Renewed for Sixth Season by Showtime http://bit.ly/1u0Kvoh 

#6 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

This was my least favorite premier. Frank's dauther worn out her welcome from day one. She just add an ick factor that wasn't present even on Shameless. The incestious vibe from the begining and now screwing in plain view of her undeaged son and biological father is plain disgusting.

I don't like the Ian/Micky storyline either. I was against them getting together after Micky beat Ian up to near death but since they did get togrther, I don't advocate Ian cheating on Micky as deserving as it may be.

I feel sorry for Lip that he was endure that neighborhood one minute. I hope he realized on the train ride that he was riding to the bowls of hell with the changes in passengers as he got nearer to his stop.

#7 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

Agreed about Sammy. I have no interest in her rivalry with Sheila. I know Sheila needed a storyline but this one with Sammy is not the answer. Sammy should have been a one and done character. I would have been totally okay if Frank and Sheila were written out of the show since the young cast delivers without them.

I like Ian and Mickey together. There's no excuse for violence but I also realize that when Mickey beat up Ian he wasn't fully accepting of his sexuality and he had a lot of self-hate going on at the time. I'm not looking forward to watching Ian's bipolar storyline mostly because I don't think the actor can pull it off, but it is what it is. At least we have Mickey to make it worth our time.

The train ride scene didn't make me sad for Lip, it made me feel hopeful that he wants to rise above the environment he grew up in and do better. I liked that his motivation and intentions were all good in the premiere. Setting up a summer job to raise money and applying for a RA position for the following school year shows his growth. Let's just hope that being back in the neighborhood won't break his resolve over the summer break.

Love that Kev is embracing fatherhood. Veronica needs to get it together. She finally has the family she wanted so I don't know what her problem is exactly. I hope Kev keeps his lovely locks down all season long. I don't know what it is about the character, but I think Kev is so damn attractive. Steve Howey the actor is alright but when he's in character as Kev I can't get enough. (I feel the same way about John Hamm - love him as Don Draper but he's just blah everywhere else.)

Debbie and Carl are growing up before our eyes. Also good to see that they are using an older Liam.

I didn't add my 2cents about Fiona. Maybe I'll add that another day this week.

#8 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

I didn't add my 2 cents about Fiona eirher. I agree with the above poster who said it as is shaping up to be the Sam Shit, different season.

I do think do Jimmy slipped her a 100 via the lady. 

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

I still wish Frank was written out of the show last season, but the writers were successful with creating a more annoying character than him. Sammie actually makes Frank tolerable and he used to be my least favorite character.

#10 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

I blame him for her existant so there is that. 

Last night's episode was the first time I turned it off halfway through. As a donor myself, I found the organ gathering beyond the pale. 

#11 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

William H Marcy won SAG award for Best Actor. I am happy for him and the show but that means more Frank.

#12 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

This show deserves the recognition and then some.

tumblr_nirfbsUudh1qf5qhso1_500.png

Emmy at the SAGS awards.

Edited by DareDevil, 25 January 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#13 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

William H Marcy won SAG award for Best Actor. I am happy for him and the show but that means more Frank.

He gave a horrible acceptance speech. Only good thing he said was their cast should've been nominated.

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:50 PM

He gave a horrible acceptance speech. Only good thing he said was their cast should've been nominated.

I missed his speech but I liked Emmy's reaction to Eric Dane when they presented together. He is as bland as he is handsome.

#15 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

His Grey's Anatomy was as bad.  Good looking man with a zilch charisma.

#16 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

This show deserves the recognition and then some.

tumblr_nirfbsUudh1qf5qhso1_500.png

Emmy at the SAGS awards.

She looked lovely. 

I am glad WHM won. I hope Emmy is recognized in this role before it ends. 

#17 ultimateprincess6

ultimateprincess6

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

Hi Newbee here.Really enjoyed last note Shameless the two Lisa's.Found the closing moments of this weeks super good!Go Sheila!I feel she is finally free and empowered! God Speed!Also the sharing moment between Debs n Fiona.So heartwarming.Not to sure what's happening with Lip have to wait to c how that plays out!As for Frank he flipped his rant was cruel but spot on!His character is beyond selfish.O n Carl is a lil badass nothing good can come of that.Kev for heavens sake grow or hair back.He has straight up lost sex appeal just sayin. LUV luv Luuuvvv Shameless.

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

I have such mixed feelings about how they did away with Debbie's virginity. I hate the fact that Matt was wasted and he was unaware of Debbie's actions, but he was wrong for choosing to party with a bunch of underage kids.He had no business being at that party and putting himself in that situation. His decision to hang out with Debbie and her friends is unnatural and confusing but I don't dislike the character like I feel like I should.

Fiona is soft now. Even before she went off the rails last season she would have never agreed to let Debbie have an unsupervised party.

Carlingus. I just cant. Really, I can't!

Lol!

#19 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

Debbie is a ....... Rapist? Why show? WHY? What happened to the adorable 'mommy's little helper'

They are stripping the show off all goodness. I am ready for Kevin to leave V and take those adorable babies with him. Carl was never good. Sheila used to be when she was Karen's mother but not since she took up with Frank.

Mandy should be serving time for what she did to Karen. I'm glad she's gone. I hope it is for good but I can't be so lucky. Lip will have a fall out with rich girl and realize that Mandy is the one for him and go after her. 

Fiona is good looking but she doesn't have what it takes to have all those men after her. 

#20 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

I was distracted by the Super Bowl last night, but wow Fiona is married!

I need to rewatch the episode tonight.